The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Wildlife Tech callers (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Wildlife Tech callers
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2013 08:09 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

Oh, okay, duh. I didn't know much more about the owners of FoxPro, other than the last name Dillon. [Smile]

I didn't donate the call, as far as I understand it was part of Danny's collection, and that's all I know. [Wink]

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2013 08:10 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
I always wondered if the sounds were real...... Even back when I used tapes. Allot of the sounds I hear sound like hand calls to me (nothing against hand calls...they work). If allot of the game call sounds I hear are REAL animals then they ought to advertise it. Maybe I've missed it but I haven't seen claims of REAL animals being the source of the sounds.

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2013 09:14 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know that is what happened with Danny's museum. It is good to hear that someone picked it up and is continuing with it.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2013 09:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Foxpro has it, I don't know if they actually bought it or Danny donated it? But, I'm sure it's been added to, in bits and pieces.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2013 10:17 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

Charlene told me that Danny donated his museum to FoxPro, that's how I found out they had a call I made.

They already had their own museum going, and he felt like they'd do his justice by combining them.

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 10:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Danny told me the same, with Charlene sitting beside him. He was optimistic, at that time. They were at the campout right after having one lung removed, and he said that he was cancer free. I think he, (maybe both) enjoyed the bullshit around the campfire and it was nice seeing him again.

He started his museum when they owned and operated the motel in Caraziso (sp) and when they moved to Walker Lake, didn't have the traffic and walk ins, etc. I think they traveled to where she was from back east, and that's when they gave the stuff to the Dillons.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is legendary- lol. I have to make time later to read the entire thing.
All it's missing is a Bill Martz and TA reach around.

[ February 05, 2013, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 02:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, you are the type that can't be bothered to start at the beginning? You probably cut lines, too? Ride the shoulder to get to the front and then rather than turning right, you cut in front of all the suckers that dutifully wait their turn.

Good to know, LB

edit: a "reach around"? that's a very interesting mental image. Can you sketch it for me?

[ February 05, 2013, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 06:02 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I read the first 2 pages and then had to skip to the end to post...
A mental image of the reach around should suffice. The sketch would be considered criminal. Al Gore would pursue me for high crimes and misdemeanors on his Internet.

[ February 05, 2013, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 07:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, don't do it no more. You could miss eight or ten different off topic discussions, and look stupid, which, in your case, is less a problem.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 09:28 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I took away from this entire meandering cluster is;TundraWookie referring to TA as Timothy is hilarious. [Eek!]
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 10:37 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,
When you get time, send me an email snowcamoman at gmail.com.

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 14 posted February 06, 2013 07:40 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I had time, so I sent you an email to the address provided. It's a very vague email...
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2013 09:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you just hate it when those emails become vague? Who's your provider, I'd bitch about it?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2013 10:54 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Vague works fine, the details are encrypted. [Smile]
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2013 12:37 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
A vague request to send an email, deserves a vague reply.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters