The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Wildlife Tech callers (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Wildlife Tech callers
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 06:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Baldnobber, anytime the discussion is ecallers, it's like this regardless of the Board. It's just one of those hot button topics. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Knows what it's all about
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 07:05 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Predator Confidence Lure, Sex Wax and Gun Cleaner....Kokopelli you are soon to be a wealthy man, and in my opinion a fucking genius.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 10:30 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
tim, how would you know if i need help or not? i guess i missed that story, do we need permits now? believe me if i had killed a big cat everyone would get to hear about it, you are going to have to dream up something better then that

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 07:09 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
TundraWelfareWookie

"Oh, I've paid for all my WT's Timothy. I got decent deals on most of the old one's too.No need to steal anything when simple HARD EARNED cash can get it, right?"

Only one problem with that statement.Without state or federal tax money you wouldn't earn enough money to feed yourself.But alas, disavantaged people like yourself consider it a right to do nothing for the benefits they receive. I think you should take your wimpy ass back into your ice hut with some booze and reconsider your station in life.

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 07:17 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Look what crawled out from under a slimy rock. So
Martz when are you going to put up your ma-21 vs. Krakatoa comparison? I understand if you don't though....hate to eat crow again huh?

Still looking for that white tail jackrabbit you advertise but nobody has. Or did it just get released today? [Smile]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 07:42 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Still looking for that white tail jackrabbit you advertise but nobody has.
Better look again. Its been right there on the sound list for some time.. What! You don't have it, and you said you had them all.. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5080 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 07:46 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
That soundlists a joke Timmy. Type when your brain is engaged....which likely means never. You don't need to jump in here talking to impress your hero martzy. He already knows you''ll gobble down on anything he spews.
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 10:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about that.. As you know I've been around a few ADC guys and a few real good coyote callers and Bill seems to be on the same page as them with most things reguarding coyotes. Maybe you should have your head checked.. [Razz]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 10:22 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
You have been around them and they avoid you like the plague. I wonder why that is timothy? If you can't figure it out you never will. Keep up the good work with copper though, thats likely your only non-make believe friend.
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2013 11:30 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep good friends are hard to come by..
Had one friend that I thought was a pretty decent guy, was pretty knowledgeable about coyotes and also had the same interests. Found that some of the locals did'nt like him but did'nt give it a second thought at the time as to why or really cared... Turns out this friend has a big ego, bigger than mine and believed it more important to protect it than to have a friend.. No big whoop.. Then I find out this friend of mine is only a friend to get ammo from me to use against another co-worker to try to get him fired that I was friends with also at the time.. Still friends with one of them and the other we still talk or say hey or I may get invited over to his garage parties but we are no longer close friends.
So if I pick up a friend from time to time great if not no worries from me as I do most of my calling by myself which I like better anyway..
The other thing with some friends is if you happen to not get along with one of there friends you try to put up with them as long as you can so you can keep a friendship, but some times that is'nt possable and then a fight breaks out.. The friend could just stay out of it and keep being a friend with both or take a side and loose a friend in turn. Most tend to choose a side.. No big whoop...

You may not realize it but I do have more friends than you may lead others to believe and I don't exspect them to jump in on a stupid internet spat just to prove they are a true friend.. I"m still standing and I run from no-one
no matter who has the upper hand at the time and I don't need any help... Yeah this stupid shit goes on most everyday and at times may make me look bad but it also makes the opposing look just as bad, no-one actually wins anyway... Good day..

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 08:16 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I"m still standing and I run from no-one
no matter who has the upper hand at the time and I don't need any help...

And that right there speaks volumes about the proud, stubborn person you are. You should learn to bow out when you don't know what you're talking about or simply be quiet.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 11:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Curious, I had to see the last time Bill Martz posted. It was late 2009.

We already know he doesn't post anywhere else, so his economy of verbage is practically unrivaled, on the Internet.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 02:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Baldnobber;
Thank you for the kind words. Remember, I'm here to help!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 04:07 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
If you go with a WT, make sure you get the "good" sounds and not the shortened versions. There are many sounds that have seen various renditions over the years from rabbits to coyotes. Some of the coyotes have even miraculously changed gender and ages. Young female and adult single male beginning with the exact same howl? Female western territorial and adult single male howls that are exactly the same? Did WT go back out and re-sex and age these dogs? 

For example, here are three different renditions of the same coyote on three of my different callers.  
 -
The sound that you hear coming from your WT is "EXACTLY" the way the animal produced that sound. Sure it is!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 04:40 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
So the sound was lenthened or shortened to make it sound like a younger or older or male or female coyote. Or it appears that way to cut out sounds from the back ground or what not when recording..
If you've spent a little time calling coyotes you would know that sometimes all you need to do is change part of a sound to make it different to get a animal to respond or get more or less feeling of hurt out of a sound..
Its nothing new and not done by just one E-call manufacture, its part of the edit process...
Coyotes make more than just yips and barks or howls or even chirps, and some howls have different lenght to them and a different meaning as well.. No two coyotes sound the same also...
Long howl, short howl, long or short howl with a bark or barks at the beginning or later on is just part of the coyotes vocalization...
The coyote vocals are actual recordings and some may have been change to create a different type of response or for the sound to carry better... Call 49 and bring the cuffs, Bill altered some of his sounds.. LMAO....

Edit to add. Take a look at another E-call maker that used handcall sounds and marketed them as live..

[ January 22, 2013, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 05:03 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli, I may be an idiot in search of a village but I know brilliance when it bites me on the ass.......really hard that is!

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 05:27 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
I"m still standing and I run from no-one
no matter who has the upper hand at the time and I don't need any help...
And that right there speaks volumes about the proud, stubborn person you are. You should learn to bow out when you don't know what you're talking about or simply be quiet.

Timothy,
Read the part in BOLD and that is the response to your above post.

Baldnobber,
Anytime you want to borrow my MA-21, just let me know. I don't have any of KoKo's magic myst to give you, but that's the best I can offer.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 07:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Kokopelli's Predator Confidence Lure, Sex Wax, & Gun Cleaning Lube"
As good as it probably is; it is not koko magic mist!

Good hunting. Lima Brav 0

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 09:35 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Well they now came out with fox grip and will soon be comeing out with these features soon..
FoxTrack--Now available on select calls. The call is set up with a 5 megapixel camera to take a picture of a predator footprint. The call then provides a readout of the animal's species and approximate weight.

FoxScat--Now available on select calls. The call is set up with a small "lab". Simply insert a piece of predator dung into the call's chemical sensing compartment. The call then provides a readout of the animal's species, gender, approximate weight, and what it's eaten for dinner the last three days.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

[ January 22, 2013, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 09:51 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
You are correct, sir. Kokopelli's Cover Scent, Boot Dressing & Hair Restorer is an entirely different product that is still in the testing phase. It consists of seven secret herbs & urines, collected at great personal risk both physical and mental. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2013 11:34 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Timmy,
Those are both excellent ideas. I wonder if FoxPro
could sell one to martz? Since it appears as though getting the correct gender, age, and species has proven to be difficult.

Koko,
Do your products work in the cold and how
much for a case of it?

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2013 01:12 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Since it appears as though getting the correct gender, age, and species has proven to be difficult.

So what are you saying? You can tell the difference if its a female or male coyote???

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2013 08:02 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I can tell you that WT surely doesn't Timmy.

As of mid 2008, WT claimed they knew more about wildlife communication than any other company or organization in the field. It's pretty hilarious to know that with that much experience they couldn't get the animal ID'd correctly. That statement has since been removed from their website....hmmmmm...I wonder why that is? Smoke and mirrors Timmy, smoke and mirrors.

Don't even try to go pointing fingers at the other companies out there unless you have some proof of the claims. Show me the claims they make about things and we can deal with those on a case by case basis. If a company was using mouth calls and saying that they were live recordings, show it to me. If you cannot, then just bow out of the discussion.

[Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2013 08:56 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
One credit I will give WT calls and Bill Martz is they sure do make the discussion lively. As I recall from a thread several years ago, Bill was going to kick Tundrawookie's arse.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1926 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2013 09:18 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't that customer service at its finest!

Lively is always on the menu for a good ol' WT discussion. It's like a good mystery...lies, deceit, and the New Hampshire weasel in his chemistry lab.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters