The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16 

Author Topic: FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 02:04 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah the Minaska is a good caller, not as good as the WT's though but it has its place..
The nice thing about both brands I have is I did'nt have to send them to a chop shop to get them to work for me as they worked right out of the box..
The Minaska had to be sent back once for repair but I have never had to send the WT's back.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 02:09 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
My CS-24 has never been back for anything. WT's have been repaired by me when they failed.

You have to do this kind of goofy stuff to your WT's to make them work for you:

-

That does not look like a "right out of the box" WT to me now does it IDIOT? Just give up, you'll never win.

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 02:13 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
All I did was put a stand under them and a little paint other wise my callers are stock.. You changed or had someone else change the wireing, battery packs, heat packs, and who knows what else to get your F-P to work..

You do your worthless comparison tests but you compare stock callers to callers you have or had modified so they would work or work better than what you compared them to...
Not a very good comparison...

You take a F-P CS and 2030 into the field unchanged and they are both one of the same, just a TOA speaker. Only difference is the remote and neither one is any better than the other, just boils down to personnel preference..

[ February 28, 2012, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 02:18 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't change anything on my FoxPro IDIOT, it came that way. (Insert foot deep down your throat now)

The CS-24 and WT's do not come with batteries anymore, you do realize that don't you IDIOT?
It's up to the customer to decide what to use to power their callers. I just choose to use the best batteries around, I can't help it you choose to use cheaper and inferior batteries.

FoxPro built my CS-24 for me exactly how I wanted it. It works perfectly "out of the box".

Keep flappin' the trap because you'll never win.

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 03:57 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
My CS-24 is "stock" you clown. It comes from FoxPro's custom shop, as is. All I do is add batteries, the same thing you do or anybody does and I go hunt. If WT had a custom shop, I'd have them build something useful for me. Instead I have a plastic trash can that sits idle.

I have a 120 sound MA-21 with a new internal antenna so I'll give it a good test here soon. That antenna glued inside surely looks like a problem waiting to happen. The best modification for the MA-21 is to stick it inside a TOA speaker.

quote:
You take a F-P CS and 2030 into the field unchanged and they are both one of the same, just a TOA speaker. Only difference is the remote and neither one is any better than the other, just boils down to personnel preference..
Insert that foot again IDIOT!

With the FoxPro you can program it to do anything you want for sounds. I have long sound sequences with silence, ambience noises...etc made into them. Show me how to do that with the WT. The WT2030 has an antenna that is a piece of garbage in the cold and will snap and render the thing useless beyond 5 yards. That's probably good for you since it sits in your lap or on your bucket though.

You see TA, I use what works and shelf the rest. The CS-24 works and works better than anything I've used. Try one someday and you'll see for yourself. Don't limit yourself because you drank the WT kool aid.

Things that are different are not the same. Read that as many times as you need to before it sinks in.

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 04:16 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
With the FoxPro you can program it to do anything you want for sounds. I have long sound sequences with silence, ambience noises...etc made into them. Show me how to do that with the WT.
Thats fine and dandy if you think you need it. Most callers don't...
I'm sure Bill could do that as well if I asked but like I said most callers don't need it...

quote:
Try one someday and you'll see for yourself.
Take your sales pitch somewhere else. Like I said I don't need one of them...

[ February 28, 2012, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 04:32 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
You're a road hunter who knows nothing about tough hunting in real conditions. You walk 10 yards from your truck, plop down with the e-caller in lap or on the bucket and call for 20 minutes. Walk back to truck, warm up, drink a Dew and move on. I understand that you don't "rough" it and know that you don't put your equipment through any necessarily "tough" conditions. When you're ready to get more than 20 miles away from civilization, get yourself a caller that will handle it. Get a CS-24!!! IDIOT!! You'll never win.
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 09:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I see you lost another potential buyer on P.M....
Like I said your sales pitches need work...

You can E-Mail if you need help with your MA-21... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 10:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure Tim wouldn't want Bill to hear that stuff about loading his sounds on Tim's Minaska. Clever Gary was doing it for everybody at the campout.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 10:28 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny Leonard.. I'm not worried about it since I don't.. Ask yourself why would I want to when I have two WT callers... Do you have F-P sounds on your Minaska???

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2012 10:57 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
T Idiot,
You couldn't help a person out of a box, let alone with a caller.

FP doesn't need any help selling callers as I'm sure you're well aware.

Interesting that guys are dumping MA-21 as fast as they seem to get them. A few going on ebay and classifieds on other forums. Several of the guys dumping them are wanting the CS-24 or Krakatoa. Can't say I blame them. I have them both (FP & WT) and know which is better, which the IDIOT doesn't and speaks of things he knows not.

Losers never win TA...and things that are different are not the same. Read and comprehend the above sentences and you'll be farther ahead.

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:28 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I thought I would play along so I checked Yaa Hoo! And found 2 Ma callers for sale, one is sold.. They also had 5 F-P for sale, unsold..

I then went to Ebay since you suggested it and went through nine pages..
No WT callers for sale, not one! Hmmm
I did find 22 F-P up for sale though. Thats alot!!!
I then checked roughly 4 Pred. hunting related sites and found No WT's for sale and 6 F-P with two of them being the CS-24..

Edit to add. I just checked P.M.. Yep I can still log in over there..LOL
I checked 10 pages and came up with 2 MA's forsale and a shit load of F-P again with a few more CS-24's...
Anyway thats not very many and some pages dated back aways so they may have been sold already....

[ February 29, 2012, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 07:11 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't checked the right places Columbo, but good on you for the investigation.

You forget that there are probably 500 to 1000 times more FP's on the market than WT's, so obviously there will be more for sale. Notice that I said a "Few", not hundreds Mr. CSI.

How many CS-24's did ya find there Sherlock? Think about it.

You still forget that you have zero credibility because YOU have not hunted over the various callers, just your WT and Minaska. Oh, and I think some old Dennis Kirk thing you might have too. Listen to your peers and just accept the fact that the CS-24 is a great caller with a great sound library to choose from. You don't have to keep crying and playing Sherlock Holmes to prove the WT's are inferior. Just give up there dunce, you're still never going to win.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 09:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, FYI, I donated my Minaska to charity. How come you allow people to call you an idiot? Do you do the same thing, over and over and expect different results?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:09 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TundraWookie,

TUNDRAWOOKIE,TUNDRAWOOKIE. Hmmm, Rymes with TundraNukie, LOL

I took a gander of the NEW KrakaTOA over on Foxpro,s site. It looks exactly like yours. Those babies look like the cat,s meow. They even took the time to do a side by side comparison of the new KrakaTOA with a WT MA21. The results are interesting. Thank you for all of the testing, and the reporting of said tests, and all on your own dime. You sir are a Patriot.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Since Dan, (the man) has left the building, I guess it is up to me to point out that you misspelled Rhymes. Happens to the best of us, from time to time.

So, if I were to go to Foxpro's website, which I won't, they have a test performed by Tundra between the Foxpro and the WT?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:17 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Listen to your peers and just accept the fact that the CS-24 is a great caller with a great sound library to choose from. You don't have to keep crying and playing Sherlock Holmes to prove the WT's are inferior.
Did'nt say it was a bad caller, I said it is the same as the 2030. No better and no worse.
Was'nt trying to prove they are inferior, just proveing you are a Liar,corrupt, and bias..
In your reviews I could careless what caller you believe is the best, what I don't like about them is you can't be honest for one second with yourself or the people reading your reviews so your stupid reviews are worthless.
Clever Gary is also a Liar, corrupt and bias so his reviews are also worthless and I don't know why you two even bother to give them as most callers with some exsperiance know its just B.S.
Back when the newest remote came out you said there was nothing wrong with it and said it was the best there is, and then now you finaly admitted recently that the screen will gell up on them.. You forgot to also add that the remote will also lock up on them and will require them to be taken apart to reach a reset button or be sent back to F-P so they can fix it.. Anyway its a issue with them and for some reason you forgot to tell the consumers about it....

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a reset button inside?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:29 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is what Clever Gary had to say..
quote:
If you ever drop the TX 500 remote on a hard surface and find it behaving weirdly or locking up completely - Or if you happen to hold down one of the buttons, like the SEQ button, and then push a few more buttons or twist the scroll knob, and the remote just quits working - where it becomes hopeless nonsense, nothing works, and won't even shut off without pulling the batteries - and when pulling the batteries and letting it go off then restarting still gives you a non-functioning pos in the middle of the hunt, here's a set of possible solutions.

First check that all the rubber buttons are working properly. You should feel a small click both when each of the buttons is pushed and again when it's released. It's not too hard to push the soft rubber button cover down under the plastic case and get a button stuck in the pushed position. If that's the case, the remote will quit working. You can work the rubber loose from the outside, or you may have to remove the screws, open the case, and readjust the rubber button cover until all the buttons are working properly.

Next, verify that the remote is on the same channel as the caller. Ooops. You don't know what channel you're using? The caller's channel is determined by the configuration of the dip switches inside the caller on the electronic board and the settings for each channel are listed in the manual. It would be very smart to know that channel and maybe write it on the caller or inside the remote battery cover in advance, before it goes haywire, especially if you don't carry the manual around with you. The remote's channel appears on the lower left of the lcd on the TX500 above the little "ch" label. If the two don't match, and they must match for the caller to work, one or the other will have to be changed. The remote's channel can be reconfigured in the TX500 menu options. Or, the caller's channel can be changed by altering the dip switches. As examples, my Fury is on Ch 13. The CS-24k is on Ch 6. The CS-24a is on Ch 15. Yours is probably different. I have the remote's marked, both the channel and the caller they control, inside the battery cover in permanent marker.

Finally, the last trick before throwing in the towel and sending it to service is to reconfigure the sound list on the remote. Attach the 1/8" cable between the caller and remote (the Fury will do it without the wire). Navigate the TX 500 menu to "TX500 config" and follow the instructions, or read the manual. Using the same procedure as you would when you load new sounds or change their order and reupload the list from the caller to the remote.

The combination of clearing any stuck buttons, channel synchronization, and sound list synchronization, will cure most problems short of a burnt circuit or broken wire

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:35 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
IDIOT,
The 2030 and CS-24 are not the same. That's like saying the Minaska UO is the same too because it simply uses the TOA speaker.

Read this one again IDIOT:
Things that are different are not the same.

IDIOT,
My only agenda in spending my money on all the calls is to get the best thing possible. I relay that information to others, plain and simple. Every caller has issues and things I'd change on it, but for the moment the CS-24 is the best thing going I think. The TX500 has worked fine for me and I don't need the LCD screen when it all boils down to it. Punch that numeric keypad or the favorite buttons if the screen is problematic. I've solved any issues I might have with it and have told others how to do the same if they hunt in the cold like I do.

Leonard,
Don't listen to the IDIOT, he didn't read that entire thread from Gary on the "reset" button. It's not a reset button on the side, it's the microphone for the FoxBang feature. The IDIOT is still figuring out how to scroll down on these here internet forums. He's too busy trying to make a point that he knows something instead of actually reading and comprehending. IDIOT should really read the "Things that are different are not the same" sentence at least 30 times a day.

Definition of IDIOT:
id·i·ot/ˈidēət/
Noun:
1.A stupid person.
2.A mentally handicapped person.
3.TA17Rem

[ February 29, 2012, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, my TX500 is on channel 15? for a CS24L I guess that's more better?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 01:07 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How come you allow people to call you an idiot?

Just words Leonard,but it also shows what kind of people represent F-P.. It don't bother me but it does bother others that read these posts....
Some said they would'nt buy WT's because of the way Bill talked to some people.. [Wink]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 01:47 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"So, if I were to go to Foxpro's website, which I won't, they have a test performed by Tundra between the Foxpro and the WT?"
---------------------------------
I am thinking that Foxpro did the comparison tests. Here is the link. http://gofoxpro.com/products/digital_calls/krakatoa_comp.php

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 02:04 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just words Leonard,but it also shows what kind of people represent F-P.. It don't bother me but it does bother others that read these posts....
I'm not paid by any e-caller company and therefore not an official representative. Just as you are not a rep for WT thank goodness.

I think it bothers people that I'm too kind with you in these posts, not my honesty.

Thanks for the link Rich, that's a really good apples to apples comparison of the big boy callers. I'm still waiting to see WT's updated information to refute that one.

[ February 29, 2012, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted February 29, 2012 02:13 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
The tests that Rich gives the link to clearly support what I physically witnessed at Foxpro. The MA21 at full volume can be easily drowned out by the Krakatoa, and the Krakatoa has no distortion. No validity to any of the Unmentionable One's claims.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters