The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 

Author Topic: FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2012 03:22 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If we have a coyote going west a blocker will come from either the south or north rd. and move in as a back up and to help keep the coyote moveing to the oringanal shooter on the west road or to turn the coyote back into the section for the stalkers.
How are you maintaining contact with gunners and blockers? Seems dangerous if you're within shouting distance.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2012 04:06 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
2-way radios. They are legal here for coyotes if you have the permitts, we do... [Smile]

As of late some guys even use them on calling stands to talk with one another and let the other know there is an approaching coyote or two.. Each state is different though and a guy should check the laws to see if they are legal where they are...

Speaking of legal do you know its illegal to have big-game sounds on a E-caller in some states.
As a general rule most anyone can have them on there E-call just make sure you are not out calling coyotes when a big-game season is still open or a goose season..

[ March 06, 2012, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2012 04:15 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
READ
B
E
L
O
W

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Thats pretty good Randy. So where do you fit in. I've seen you do the same from time to time...LOL

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2012 07:11 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!"
--------------------------------------
Right on Randy. The only way THAT guy could be any dumber is if he was twins. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2012 08:15 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As of late some guys even use them on calling stands to talk with one another and let the other know there is an approaching coyote or two
What's up with guys calling the coyotes (or TWO) and you're not out there doing it in Your home state? Driving, bumping, running, gunning, and tackling the coyotes is more fun for the "crew" I guess.
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2012 09:57 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
What shot/load was that guy using to get so much blood? My shotgunned coyotes don't leak much until I start skinning.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2012 11:49 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
At the time the load was either buckshot or dead coyote. He just uses buckshot now..

quote:
What's up with guys calling the coyotes (or TWO) and you're not out there doing it in Your home state? Driving, bumping, running, gunning, and tackling the coyotes is more fun for the "crew" I guess.
I do it all wookie, calling and hunting..
None of the other guys do any calling. Not very productive here..Yeah its alot of fun no matter how you do it or get them as long as its legal... [Big Grin]

[ March 06, 2012, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 12:56 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tim thinks that we have forgotten his favorite coyote shotgun which is an old Ithaca pump. He don't know how it shoots because he has never patterned it.
Do you think I should??? [Smile]

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 06:21 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
As of late some guys even use them on calling stands to talk with one another and let the other know there is an approaching coyote or two..

Tim nothing new there with 2 ways and voice activated mics and ears buds, I have hunted with a few guys who used them in the early 90's. Hands free and only have to whisper to make them work.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 06:46 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
TA "As of late some guys even use them on calling stands to talk with one another and let the other know there is an approaching coyote or two.."

TW "What's up with guys calling the coyotes (or TWO) and you're not out there doing it in Your home state?"

TA "I do it all wookie, calling and hunting..
None of the other guys do any calling. Not very productive here.."

So which is it tim?

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 08:34 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I do it all wookie, calling and hunting..
I wouldn't exactly call driving and herding coyotes "hunting".
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:35 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"I wouldn't exactly call driving and herding coyotes "hunting"
---------------------------
I don't either. Add the beer and four wheel drives, c.b. radios etc. is not at all sporting.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 10:38 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Its the oldest form of hunting known to man and was done before dogs where brought into use..
Anyway its just another way of getting them, if you don't like it too fucking bad...

I don't consider shooting coyotes with a shotgun very sporting either , but I don't go around bitching about it.. Useing a snowmachine like Wookie does is'nt very sporting also...

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 10:55 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Useing a snowmachine like Wookie does is'nt very sporting also...
I don't herd and chase down animals with the machine, just get access to call. It would be the same as you use your truck when out calling. If you consider driving your vehicle to a stand to call not very sporting, better get out those hiking boots for the long walk west.

Call it what you want, I wouldn't call the Meenasota "Crew's" method "sporting" by any stretch of the imagination.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 11:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As an aspiring ground sluicer, I can't poo poo other legal methods. Damn, if TA likes to hunt coyotes like a southern deer drive, I could care less. There are plenty issues to jump him about, if you have a mind. I don't (personally) get it, but if these grown men "get off" on drives and ambushes, at least it keeps them away from the house, beating their wives.

(I can't believe I said that!)

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 11:31 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't herd and chase down animals with the machine, just get access to call.
And we don't chase down coyotes with the truck, just drive them to a location to get a shot if a coyote happens to come in that direction...
A coyote runs or walks to a caller, same here they run or walk to where a shooter is stationed...

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 11:51 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a short clip of our hunt.. Do you see any trucks tareing up and down the road or out in the field chaseing the coyote??? Does the coyote appear to be all worn out from being pushed by a tracker???

[URL=[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/ f208/TA17Rem/09-10%20Fox%20and%20coyotes/th_Deletepartiallyof152010_112538.jpg[/IMG]][URL=http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/09-10%20Fox%20and%20coyotes/?action=v iew¤t=Deletepartiallyof152010_112538.mp4]  - [/URL][/UR L]

Here is a 3 mile section and a stalker bringing out a dead coyote. Once again you see and truck tracks or trucks out in a field with over 3 ft. of snow in some places????
[URL=[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/09- 10%20Fox%20and%20coyotes/th_1282010_123324.jpg[/IMG]][ IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/09-10%20Fox%20and%20coyotes/th_1282010_123324.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Same her, any trucks or truck tracks in the snow.
 -

[URL=[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/2010-11 %20coyotes-%20fox/th_122011_100536.jpg[/IMG]][IMG]http://i 48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/2010-11%20coyotes-%20fox/th_122011_100536.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The least you could do is come up with some proof to back up your false claims... [Roll Eyes]

You'll have to click on some of the links to see other pic.s or vid.

[ March 07, 2012, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 11:55 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all for killing predators by any legal method allowed. Calling such strategies "hunting" is up for debate I guess. Alaska does not apply the word "hunting" to aerial shooting programs. They don't call the guy with the gun a hunter either, just a shooter. It's simply that....shooting.

Drive, herd, coral,...whatever you want to call it, I simply don't consider it to be "hunting". Keep on keepin' on boys.

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 12:15 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Its the oldest form of hunting known to man and was done before dogs where brought into use..
Anyway its just another way of getting them

You're not denying that you're driving animals in the above statement, just saying that it's the oldest form.

No false claims, just stating the obvious that you already post out there. It's fine if you and the "Crew" want to drive and herd coyotes to runners, gunners, blockers and tight ends, have at it. You're shooting a pushed animal, that's all. If you weren't out there walking the fields would those animals have naturally gone in the direction you wanted?

That snow looks like a walk in the park, I'd love to have hard packed snow like that to snowshoe in. Even with 40 inch snowshoes, expect to sink down a good 18 inches in the fluff here.

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 12:20 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been known to herd mice and other vermin into a corner where I could stomp or whack them. Not very sporting and I certainly wouldn't call it hunting, but it accomplishes an end.

Some don't have the resources or skill set to call animals into shooting range so they come up with other methods to get the shot. If it's legal, and flips that person's switch, have at it. Might even be fun to do a time or two, but in the end, I'd get mote satisfaction out of outsmarting them rather than cornering them. That's just me though.

What's your call sign on the radio Tim? Maverick, Iceman, or Jester maybe?

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 12:39 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Might even be fun to do a time or two, but in the end, I'd get mote satisfaction out of outsmarting them rather than cornering them.
Try it sometime and let us all know how easey it is and don't forget a few pic.s of your results...

There is no cornering them, its all open country and they can run anywhere they like. Just have to be smart enough to stay one step ahead of them.. [Smile]

[ March 07, 2012, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 12:53 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
So you have guys that can call them in, yet you choose to drive them? Speaks volumes about your calling ability on your home turf I guess.
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim why don't you just try calling them in with that top of the line MA-21. [Wink]
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 01:03 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
TundraW. say's
If you weren't out there walking the fields would those animals have naturally gone in the direction you wanted
so my question is to you, when you snowmobile into a spot, do you go back later to the same spot and find critters are using your trail from the past trip??. do you set snares/traps along any previous made trails??. call from the trais?? do some critters respond using old trail??
ai'nt taking any sides to your pissing match with Tim but from my gatherings, it seems you pick anything he posts apart and just find anything to hammer him on. this is one that really seems unjustified from my view.

i've done a few group pushes for coyotes and its anything but easy.

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 01:25 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
bearhunter,
quote:
so my question is to you, when you snowmobile into a spot, do you go back later to the same spot and find critters are using your trail from the past trip??
I've seen fresh tracks on trails I've been on before. These are typically established trails. I try not to break trail unless totally necessary to get to a point to call.

quote:
do you set snares/traps along any previous made trails??. call from the trais?? do some critters respond using old trail??
I don't trap, but know many trappers who set trails. The animals want to naturally use the path of least resistance, which is typically a hard packed trail.I will usually pull the machine off the trail and setup off the trail to call. I don't see animals using their senses to travel as being the same thing as them being pushed to move in a specific direction by direct human pressure. If we could watch from the sky and see the route a coyote would have traveled before the "Crew" arrived, do you think it would be the same? I know the same argument could be asked about trails in the snow, however no direct pressure is put on those animals to use that trail.

Trying to compare a drive to calling like this statement is simply ridiculous and not even close to an apples to apples comparison.
quote:
And we don't chase down coyotes with the truck, just drive them to a location to get a shot if a coyote happens to come in that direction...
A coyote runs or walks to a caller, same here they run or walk to where a shooter is stationed...

By that mentality pushing a coyote with a helicopter to a shooter would be the same thing as a coyote being called in? The logic to the above argument is just not there.

edit to add: I'm sure this type of shooting is not easy. I'd think being good at wing shooting would help with fast moving coyotes.

[ March 07, 2012, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters