The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16 

Author Topic: FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 04:20 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
FoxPro will be around long after WT is dead. Yes, I saw Minaska's advertisement also. I am glad to see that the Borland brothers are still part of the business. They are good people, and now that Flambeau has pretty much taken them over, Minaska will be around for a longer time than WT also. Never underestimate FoxPro, those boys have money growing out of their ears. Just Call Steve Dillon and ask him if you don't believe me.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 04:28 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They made remote control callers for a reason. Choosing not to use every single trick you have in your bag of said tricks is going to cost you some coyotes. UNDER thinking is the problem sir.

The remote just makes it that much easier to change sounds or operate the caller.. If a caller feels he needs to have the caller placed 50 yds out from him to call and kill coyotes then good for him. If it was hurting my stand by haveing it next to me I would set it out somewhere, but its not so I keep it close as thats what works for me and the way I work the coyotes...

What do the guys useing hand calls do on stand??? Blow on there call for a minute then run over to another spot so the coyote dose'nt know there location... I don't think so..LOL
A coyote knows within 15 ft. of were the sound came from, just blend in well and kill them when you get the chance... Not rocket science...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 04:31 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and now that Flambeau has pretty much taken them over
To my understanding Flambeau is out of the picture and the callers are now back home in shop, the way it should be...

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 04:57 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I was reading on another site and there was some well knowns there that are adding a tweater speaker to the CS-24.. Dose'nt the CS-24 work with out haveing to modify it once you get one??? [Wink]
To me it sounds like the CS is haveing problems with the higher pitched sounds.

[ February 26, 2012, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 05:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you basing that on, Tim? Wishful thinking?

Good hunting. LB

edit: some people can't stand not tinkering with everything. That does not mean the CS24 won't reproduce high frequencies.

[ February 26, 2012, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 05:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL.. No Leonard I got this info from the horses mouth so to speak.. Cleaver Gary the E-call expert uses a tweater with his caller along with a few other guys..

--------------------

coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 05:40 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim not using the tweeter out of nessacity but to add a differnt sound to it all.

The CS 24 has zero problems I have used mine for 3 years with no problems. The extras are just that extras, take them or leave them, they offer them for those that want them, I can tell when calling in multiples Fox Bang has helped!!!!

A few sounds given out TIM???

Tell me which one isn;t a WT sound please?

http://www.wildlifecallers.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/355/image/591/

Mr Martz used to tell people he charged more for his sounds becuase of quaility, then stated his sounds where the best ever because they where run through the best caller ever, now you can use any of his sounds on a 124.00 caller LOL So figure out you buy the flextone caller your getting the unit and sounds for a cost of 1.24 each and he sells them to the high end clients for 10.00 each LOL Awsome marketing [Big Grin]

FP offers many free sounds and the others are very high end and work extremely well, you haven't used them so hard to comment on their effectiveness isn't it? Many of these done with hgih end recording equipment by a FT ADC guy, many ADC personnel using FP CS-24's more today than WT for a fact, I know a few who have used both and now run a CS 24 with great results. They are calling after all the fur hunters call it good for the year and they work for them.

FP out of business before WT now that is plain laughable, FP runs a good company and offers units at all price ranges. There sounds cheaper and the FXP format sounds are of excellent quaility.

Tim a caller doesn't need to be right by you to be the most effective, in fact putting it out and away and using the terrain and wind you can place those coyotes in much better spots for you, in the end means you can call stands that otherwise using the call at your location or a mouth call wouldn't be as positive for you as a hunter.

[ February 26, 2012, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 06:37 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Three guys I know in North Dakota called and killed over 400 coyotes this winter with Foxpros (CS 24s)and sounds that I recorded. If that's not a testimony to great sounds and a great product, I don't know what is. They broke 400 last week. That is an unreal accomplishment and congrats are in order.

[ February 26, 2012, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: 3 Toes ]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 06:55 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
As usual, spooky old Tim has no clue about what he is talking about. Foxpro sells many more callers than any other manufacturer, and actually have very few returned for service. If you do have a problem, it is nice to rest assured you will be taken care of.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 07:45 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
The CS24 is a damn good call.
kj

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 08:23 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys, stop arguing with Fonzy. Who really gives a shit what he thinks, if you can call it that.

There are 4 guys I can think of that I have hunted with (and I don't hunt with a lot of different people) since getting the CS-24, that used to use something else, but don't anymore.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 08:29 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"The remote just makes it that much easier to change sounds or operate the caller.. If a caller feels he needs to have the caller placed 50 yds out from him to call and kill coyotes then good for him. If it was hurting my stand by haveing it next to me I would set it out somewhere, but its not so I keep it close as thats what works for me and the way I work the coyotes."
-----------------------------
Oh my, the more words you speak, the dumber you get.
You have almost zero credibility Tim.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 08:33 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Three guys I know in North Dakota called and killed over 400 coyotes this winter with Foxpros (CS 24s)and sounds that I recorded. If that's not a testimony to great sounds and a great product, I don't know what is. They broke 400 last week. That is an unreal accomplishment and congrats are in order."
-------------------------------
I would give one arm and half a leg for all of the sounds old 3 Toes has recorded.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 08:42 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Timmy boy thinks the CS24 is the caller that has tweeters built in to them. Here is a link to the caller which does have tweeters installed.
I hope the link works, but if not you can see the Prairie Blaster on Foxpro's main site.
http://www.gofoxpro.com/products/digital_calls/product_pb.php

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 10:33 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
FP offers many free sounds and the others are very high end and work extremely well, you haven't used them so hard to comment on their effectiveness isn't it?
If thats the case then why are so many F-P users trying to steal WT sounds to put on there F-P. Yeah you can read all about it at P.M..
No I don't use F-P sounds, Just WT sounds and Minaska sounds on the big country..
About the tweater, like I said Cleaver Gary uses one on top of his CS. caller..
As for the couple of callers up in N.D. yeah I've read about them and its no different there than AZ. they both have a high population of coyotes, most any E-caller would get the same numbers if they hunted the same number of days and lived there...If I remember correctly two of the guys where takeing good numbers up there with just handcalls last season or the one before...
As for the sounds I did'nt mention any of the new sounds Cal sold them, I'm sure they are better than what they had prior...

quote:
edit: some people can't stand not tinkering with everything. That does not mean the CS24 won't reproduce high frequencies.

Did'nt say it would'nt. Just questioning the need to use a tweater on the CS..

quote:
Mr Martz used to tell people he charged more for his sounds becuase of quaility, then stated his sounds where the best ever because they where run through the best caller ever, now you can use any of his sounds on a 124.00 caller LOL So figure out you buy the flextone caller your getting the unit and sounds for a cost of 1.24 each and he sells them to the high end clients for 10.00 each LOL Awsome marketing
I don't know which sounds are which without hearing them first, just reconized only a few names.. You put high quality sounds in a poor made caller you still get poor quality sounds comeing out.. I saw the caller only got a 2 star rateing so that must say something about it...
Will you can keep saveing up your 8.75 to buy more sounds and I'll just stick with the 120 sounds I have now, they seem to be working well enough for me I don't have to add anymore...LOL

quote:
Tim a caller doesn't need to be right by you to be the most effective, in fact putting it out and away and using the terrain and wind you can place those coyotes in much better spots for you, in the end means you can call stands that otherwise using the call at your location or a mouth call wouldn't be as positive for you as a hunter.

I agree with this part:
quote:
using the terrain and wind you can place those coyotes in much better spots for you,
And thats what I do to be more successful.. I put my caller beside me for one reason, IT WORKS HERE FOR ME! and also I can put the sound were I want or need it..
You make a "blind stand", no locateing and just set your caller out. The only coyotes that are going to possably respond are the ones that hear the sound and the sound does not travel the same distance 360 degrees...Most don't get it and never will!!!!!
So if a coyote dose'nt hear the caller then you pickup and move, I don't have to just yet as I can turn the caller from where I'm sitting and get more sound out there in a different direction... I don't have any problems calling western coyotes so I don't have to come up with new tactics or sounds. What I'm doing and useing is working for me... I don't use decoys, or foxbang or shotguns anything else special just a good rifle and caller, and I get doubles and thriples from time to time and what I don't get I just go back after it at a later time....NO big whoop...LOL

quote:
Foxpro sells many more callers than any other manufacturer
AL, I never said other wise, just said WT will still be around for a long time to come...

quote:
and actually have very few returned for service
If thats the case then there must be alot of liars on the other boards , sure seems like many of them have major issues. The latest I read was some guy fried his caller or just the batteries and I'm sure a few more will come forward now and admitt the same thing happening to them..LOL

quote:
There are 4 guys I can think of that I have hunted with (and I don't hunt with a lot of different people) since getting the CS-24, that used to use something else, but don't anymore.
Yes Jimmy and I could say the same about some guys I know that own both brands of callers but use the WT on most hunts...

quote:
Oh my, the more words you speak, the dumber you get.
You have almost zero credibility Tim.

Maybe but I got plenty of pic.s of dead coyotes to back my claims, how about you????
If I'm not mistaken you have'nt been calling any longer than I have..LOL

quote:
Timmy boy thinks the CS24 is the caller that has tweeters built in to them.
My words are pretty simple so you should be able to follow along.. " I SAID CLEVER GARY HAS A TWEETER TAPED TO THE TOP OF HIS CS-24 ALONG WITH A FEW OTHER FOLLOWERS.."

Leonard you better send another check or I'm quiting.. [Big Grin]

[ February 26, 2012, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 10:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shit, one new guy complimented you and now you think you're King Kong! Don't you proof read anything?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 10:51 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
No Leonard, I'll let Rich keep that title..

Last question; NO! You think it would matter or make a difference??? I don't... [Wink]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 10:56 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
In the local News today I see that Mn. is going to try and pass a Bill to allow the hunting of coyotes from a plane or snowmobiles...

Also a new state record Eelpout was caught recently which weighed 19.5 pounds....

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 03:55 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim look at the master sound list from WT and the names of the sounds exact to the echo's from what I can see, also a few adds state 100 WT sounds.

Don't dance around it, we all know that Mr Martz sold the sounds to add volume sales. The thing is the WT crowd always used the fact that the sounds where only available for the high end call and kept it out of the hands of many, not the case anymore, now anyone can have the 100 WT sounds. Just buy an echo!

The days of so called stealing sounds are over, the highest majority could care less about WT sounds on there programable callers.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 06:34 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
found this on another site. seems to be a common complaint with WT'S ??
I have a WT KAS 2030MS wildlife caller for sale with 69 sounds on it. I just put a new antenna on it and the call is 100% functional. I drilled a new hole for the antenna so when the antenna is flipped up and down the wire isn't getting pinched like before

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 09:42 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't dance around it, we all know that Mr Martz sold the sounds to add volume sales.
Not danceing around it, you maybe know but I don't.. I heard awhile back he sold some sounds but was'nt any of my buisnes so I never looked in to it or much cared..

quote:
The days of so called stealing sounds are over, the highest majority could care less about WT sounds on there programable callers.

Yeah most of the guys that have been around awhile have what sounds they wanted on there F-P now.. Could name a handfull of member here that have them...

--------------------

coyote down
Member # 2887

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 10:33 AM      Profile for coyote down   Email coyote down         Edit/Delete Post 
TA

You are going to chalk up someone calling and killing over 400 coyotes to just high populations? I know who Cal is referring to and they are a couple of the hardest working callers in the country. I'm betting you haven't read about these guys and have no idea who he's talking about. They don't spend much time online promoting themselves. Really?-nothing more to killing over 400 than just high populations?

Posts: 32 | From: colorado | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 10:52 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You are going to chalk up someone calling and killing over 400 coyotes to just high populations?
Yep.. A good coyote population and time in the field.. Does one of the callers go by the name of Mitch or the screen name of "getemclose"????

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 01:22 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim I would bet that's not who he's talking about.

Scott(Huber) and I talked on the phone awhile back and he mentioned them to me. From what he said they are a couple coyote killin machines.....If it's the same guys,and I'm betting it is...

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 01:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
YOU TALK TO HUBER? WHY WASN'T I TOLD?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters