The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » GREAT cop video... (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: GREAT cop video...
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2011 12:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If he did all that, it's amazing he still has a job!

gh....lb

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2011 07:29 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool video Jimmy, thanks for shareing...

Can't say I've ever had anything like that happen, except for getting stuck in the muck..
I just got a safety nomination last week at work and also passed the Msha inspection today at the mine..

Leonard the primary machine I operate is a 345 cat excavator, but I'm also endorsed for the D-5,D-6,D-8, D-9 dozers, D-400 off-roads, and 627, 637 scrapers, and Motor-grader...Basicly anything with a engine.. I ecavate ditches, ponds, load highway trucks or D-400's, place pipe,build roads,building site prep work and demolition...
Here some pic's for Jimmy..
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/Work/Ditch-May232010001.jpg[/IMG]]  - [/UR L] [URL=  - ]  - http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/Work/11-25-2009026.jpg[/IMG]]  - http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/Work/11-25-2009023.jpg[/IMG]]  -

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2011 08:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, you are an operating engineer? What local?

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2011 08:23 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard the company I work for is Non-union, thats the way I like it also..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 10 posted July 06, 2011 09:38 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy! Here we go!!! [Eek!]
IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2011 02:34 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello gentlemen.

I don't think I am being too sensitive, Leonard. After a while, all the negative comments here get old, if you know what I mean. Would you hang out on a forum where the membership was particulaly vocal about how they hated, disliked, or condemned the actions of California predator hunters? I seriously doubt it.

As I have stated, I do enjoy a little heated debate now and then. But when the debate degenerates into disrespect for my profession and colleagues as a whole, I am not going to participate. I am sure you can understand, if not agree.

No, I don't defend the actions of all the cops in the USA. I will defend cops if I think they are right, or if there is enough information for me to give them the benefit of the doubt until I hear facts that condemn their actions. Take the Arizona SWAT team for example. The more information that comes out, the more it looks like the cops acted properly. The rifle the decedent pointed at that SWAT team turned out to be stolen as a matter of fact.

http://www.kold.com/story/14964867/stolen-gun-found-in-dead-mans-home

The decedent is looking worse and worse. It's no wonder his wife stated she didn't know about the rifle.

Now, I will give you guys a little more telling information. If someone points a rifle at me, I am gonna shoot for center mass, just as I was trained to do. I am not gonna wait around to find out if the guy is sleepy or not. I am not gonna look to see if he is still wearing underwear. I am not going to ask him if his weapon is on safe or not. That's just the way it is. If you guys don't like that attitude, then don't point guns at cops.

I have my own opinions on this video posted by Knockemdown. This same video went around the contractor talk forum years ago. But being that we can no longer have intelligent conversations here about law enforcement issues, there is no sense in offering further perspective.

[ July 08, 2011, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2011 02:52 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
"I ecavate ditches, ponds, load highway trucks or D-400's, place pipe,..."

I hunted with a guy once who disappeared into the underbrush to lay some pipe. At least, that's what he said he was gonna do. Same thing? Maybe not. LOL

How many posts? Hmmm, I set seven of them around my front steps a while back and decided that was too much work for a gubmint worker.

I do have to say, Tim, your job looks much funner than mine. In college, I worked in maintenance where my dad worked and mowing grass and keeping the roads up on the company's 30-acree facility was part of my duties. Had an old Fiat Allis front end loader- called her Fat Alice - that I was one of only a couple people allowed to operate it. Spent most of the time with her grading gravel roads, but that big bitch was dandy for pushing over old trees and dozing up stumps and the like. That machine was so beat up, a few more dents and scratches didn't seem to bother anyone, so I didn't ever baby her. Flushed a groundhog once and had a race down an old abandoned city street hot on its ass. LOL My boss said he could see the diesel smoke rolling out of the trees when I was going at it and always knew I was gettin'r done. I was 18 or 19 and getting paid to tear shit up. Life was good. Definitely funner than donkeying mail up and down the street.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2011 08:19 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I was about 17 I guess and was cutting hay for a custom baler by day and hauled it at night. Well we were finishing up on a place at Wilburton and had a few bales left one evening when I got stuck. We had already moved the tractors to another place so I went up to the office at Wooldrige oil company and asked if they had a tractor I could borrow to get unstuck.

As luck would have it the only tractor they had was a huge Cat front end loader. He asked if I could operate it and I said sure, no problem. I climbed up in it, got it figured out and scared to death, I made it through the parking lot without hitting anything. Once out in the pasture I was King! Always liked heavy machinery ever since. Cool job.

49 "Now, I will give you guys a little more telling information. If someone points a rifle at me, I am gonna shoot for center mass, just as I was trained to do. I am not gonna wait around to find out if the guy is sleepy or not. I am not gonna look to see if he is still wearing underwear. I am not going to ask him if his weapon is on safe or not. That's just the way it is. If you guys don't like that attitude, then don't point guns at cops."

I would expect no less but how many cops fail to realize we're gonna do the same thing when someone enters our home and points a gun at us? Survival is the most basic instinct.

[ July 08, 2011, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: TOM64 ]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2011 08:25 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
4949, the link you provided had a story about a police sgt that was accused of domestic violence. It's coincidence but funny nonetheless. [Smile]
http://www.mykold.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=74&nid=55211956&cid=5971&scid=-1&ith= 6&title=News

And this...
http://dirtydozensbunker.com/showthread.php?t=85265

[ July 08, 2011, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: smithers ]

IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 12:44 AM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez 49, you need to really participate on an attorney forum or something, they would rip you to shreds with a stupid link like that. Circumstantial and not pertaining to anything. A 3 year old gun used in a burglery. That could have been purchased at any time by the Marine. It could have been left there by a previous owner, it could be dropped by the swat team. Where was it found? Who found it? Why is this information being released? Why were those dipshits milling around in front of the door during a entry procedure. What teh hell were the follow up dipshits aiming at when they started firing blindly into a hallway? Why was the home occupied by a woman and child during entry? Don't give me a manpower bs statement either, since they had around twenty well compensated officers participating in serving that search warrant, they couldn't afford a 12 hour surveillance shift? Shit ya shoot for center mass if somebody points a gun at you. That's not telling that is common sense. Better yet, how about not putting yourself in an awkward position because of being lax and lazy, to have an assault rifle pointed at you. Why do you keep digging up bones if you don't want to talk about it?

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 06:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BINGO! (what tl said, all of it)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 08:28 AM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to paint a person as a "turd" is a strategy as old as time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Releasing this information this late in the game for whatever reason is suspect.

The stolen gun found in the house should have been reported as quickly as the "bullet proof" vest and "baseball hat" that were found, along with the other items of importance.

A stolen gun is a better find than the other two items that is for sure.

We will never know if the Marine paid top dollar for the stolen pistol that he could have bought in many locations. Paying top dollar for a firearm would lead a reasonable prudent person to believe it isn't stolen. But again we will never know exactly how ALL that happened.

When one searches for dope, they search for guns. The Marine had his AR, would be a clue to look for more guns in the house.

I am sure the detectives ran the serial number of the AR to see if it was stolen. I would hope they would have done the same with ALL the other guns, THEY should have found along with the other items that brought them great concern, suggesting the Marine was part of a take over robbery crew.

Back to being painted as a "turd".

Let us reflect back to the Casey Anthony case. The prosecution painted her as a "turd". SHE is a "turd".

Knowing what I know about the system that was done as a strategy in hopes of swaying one's opinion of her just in case there MIGHT be a little doubt on other issues.

It doesn't matter how much of a "turd" a person is before or after an incident. IT DOES NOT set aside the procedures that are suppose to take place before or after an arrest, execution of a search warrant, or the prosecution of the offender.

--------------------
I am 5'10",an asshole 220% for sure. Former dirty deed doer for PM. Corrupt too! My name is Festus.

Posts: 281 | From: High Desert | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 08:50 AM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
It appears so far the case with the Marine is not going to go to any criminal trial at this point.

We still have the civil aspect of this case that will no doubt take it's course.

The cops can continue to paint the Marine as the true bad guy, he might just be the local "John Gotti" of the neighborhood.

But the family attorney if he is worth his salt is going to try and paint the cops as "turds" too. He will start that little game off by filing motions to get into the cops personnel file to see if they are "turds" by trade.

The legal community, private attorneys especially, have some intelligence sources of their own these days. They too keep records and share information on cops who's names keep coming up in controversial situations.

I am not suggesting that is the case here, but if it is, it will come back to haunt those who wear badges and are considered "turds" themselves.

Time will tell that's for sure.

--------------------
I am 5'10",an asshole 220% for sure. Former dirty deed doer for PM. Corrupt too! My name is Festus.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 09:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In defense of the (big deal) stolen gun. I offer no excuse, just a little story.

See, I own an AR. I bought it second hand from a guy in Pomona. He had a beard, and was therefore suspect, so I called Upland PD and asked if they could find out if this gun I was about to purchase was stolen. They said they don't do that for ordinary citizens, so I called Montclair PD. Same Bullshit. So, I called Claremont PD and they ran the number for me and it came up clean.

My point: I had very little reason to check it out, I had never checked out a private purchase before, or since but I have to wonder if the possession of a stolen firearm is a inference of something else?

Another question. Is there a way to find out if a gun has been stolen or not? I don't know? I might have a couple pieces in my safe that could get me arrested, bought at that "loop hole" place?

What do you fellas do to determine if you are dealing with a hot gun?

Victor is the highest volume trader I have ever seen. Hey Vic! What do you do?

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 10:27 AM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Leonard I bought a few private party guns myself while still on the job. Ran everyone of them just to be sure.

I still have enough connections to do it again if need be.

Interesting that Upland PD would not run the gun. A simple Yes or No would save much grief for all involved. Seems Claremont is smarter than some.

I'd continue to do just what you did if you buy private party.

Of course if you do it the Commiefornia way both parties are suppose to go to the local gun shop and do all the paperwork.

Generally a dead give away is someone selling a quality firearm for WELL under what it is worth.

Watch those who have a beard who sell guns, have them smile. If they are missing all their teeth BEWARE!!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 11:58 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
I mean wow there's away to make some money right there.That is if a guy had the source and could come up whith a reliable program to run numbers and find out if guns were hot are not.
Just saying what would it be worth to be able to log on to a site log in and find out 25 or 50 bucks a year?
I have never bought a used gun in my life.I have known a lot of people in my life that I would have bought a gun from and would never thought about it.
I have known some people also that I would not have even touched one of there guns.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
CCP
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 02:41 PM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Don’t know how things are done now when you have a stolen gun. Back in the early 90’s a friend of mine that ran a pawn shop called and said he had a XP in good condition and knew I was looking for one. He also knew I had a pistol he wanted and said he wanted to trade. I took it to him and we made a trade but when he called it in it came up stolen. He called the city cops in like he should and they ask where I got it, but I could not remember. They took the gun and said they would contact me and I was out of a trade for now.

The next day when I and the sheriff met for breakfast he said he would check on the situation for me. All they did was contact the owner of the gun and he said the insurance company had paid off on the contents of his home that were stolen, and he had already replaced the gun. So the police dept (or whoever) logged the gun back in as not stolen and I got the gun back and made the trade. It was actually no hassle at all, but things being the way they are in today’s world I don’t know what they would do.

I should have checked the gun for I had the means to do it but at the time I was trading so much stuff back in fourth that a lot of guns I didn’t have more than a few days. In this case I had that gun for over a year so there was plenty of time to check. My bad but it worked out.

BTW Festus your last 3 post were pretty dang good and I see no need in doing any internet judo on ya

Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks CCP. I want you all to know the challenge of making a presentation on this board is FAR more of a challenge than dodging bullets or wrestling with turds on the streets! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 09, 2011 03:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever, but I'm still chewing on 49's most recent post. I don't know what the hell to do with him? He either needs a hug or a kick in the pants.

Challenge? What challenge? Just because you can say anything you want? I would think that would bring comfort?

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 05:01 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL LB, I knew that one would wake up the Warden!

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 06:17 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I received this picture of Heinrich Himmler plotting out the next Gestapo raid from a concerned board member who noticed the pictures hanging on the wall above Himmlers planning table, make of it what you will but I find it a little bit suspect, don't you 49?
 -

[ July 09, 2011, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: JD ]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 06:40 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooduh thunk?!?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 06:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG!

Is that legit?

gh....lb

edit: is that the same guy on the left side in the photograph that is on the wall; and the storm trooper seated on the far left seated at the table?

[ July 09, 2011, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2011 08:51 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Festus has done well.

Now I forget, why is it the cops are wearing masks now?

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2011 08:20 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
One of the best things about you is that you actually come to a place where non-cop citizens discuss things. Too many hang out where they only talk to others in their profession and reinforce a closed loop.

On the other hand, your adjustment to open discussion by average citizens is obviously difficult and painful. Hang in here. It is good for all of us. Contrary to your perception, all cops have not been disrespected here, but no cop has been given carte blanche.

Apparently this is a difficult concept within copthink, but questioning one cop's action is not disrespectful to the whole profession.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters