The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » GREAT cop video... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: GREAT cop video...
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 02:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Good question, Dan, but don't think that even a significant percentage of lawmen are like this. They aren't. They might have started out with good intentions, but things change along the way. I was only in the biz for a couple years before going into EMS instead and I made the change because I felt myself changing. It's easy to start looking at everyone with a cynical eye. Everyone's a dirt bag - what we called a "signal 50" - until proven otherwise, exactly the opposite of how it should have been. I made the change to EMS and was glad I did because, for one thing, people who called 911 for me were damned glad to see me walking up their front steps. Some were literally dying to see me. My little time in LE was a good thing in that it prepared me to always be aware of the risks involved in entering into unknown situations, whereas others had to be taught to not trust anyone or anything. But, when you think that of everyone you see, you either need to change, or accept how it changes you, and I didn't like who or what I was becoming.

To his credit, one of my best friends - he stood with me when I got married - was a road deputy for many years before becoming an investigator. He came from very modest means and, to my recollection, has always been a very upstanding sort of guy. He's been beat on while on duty, and had people try to kill him, and now he deals with sex crimes, child abuse, the worst of the worst. Yet, when I watch him interact with the public, he's blind to skin color, socioeconomic status, everything. Maybe it's becuse he's seen eveything from everyone and knows that being a dirtbag doesn't stop at the top end of any certain tax bracket. Then again, maybe he's just a glass half full kinda guy and truly sees some good in everyone and hopes that by being more a public servant or working for public safety moreso than being a law enforcer, he can make a difference.

Earlier, I told of a game warden who has some issues. Sad to see. By contrast, I know another warden who, like my friend, is really trying to make a difference. He used to be here but was transferred out to another part of the state. He just received an award after he caught a guy poaching deer. But, the award wasn't for the arrest. It was for what he did afterwards.

Turns out the accused was shooting deer to feed his family - a subsistence hunter putting by and making due because of his unfortunate financial situation. Jim made the arrest, and put the guy through the system. Then, he made connections with people he knew with Hunters Feeding the Hungry to ensure the guy's family would be fed. He talked around and helped the guy find some work. He taught the man to fish for a lifetime rather than feeding him for a single day. He busted the guy's chops and changed his life because it was the right thing to do. Even when he didn't have to. No one got tased because Jim didn't look upon this guy as a dirt bag, but rather, as an opportunity to help and do the right thing because that's what he was doing the job for in the first place. Some guys just know how to use the power their given for the right reasons. And, some don't.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CCP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 02:54 PM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You working in EMS Cdog911 you better be careful where you park that truck of yours Todd may arrest you.

Firetruck captain arrest.

Wanted to add this link Flex your rights I been checking out this site for awhile now and it has some good info. Also check out the video "Highway Robbery or: Yet Another Reason to Always Refuse Police Searches" on the front page of the site. Those guys are common "THUGS"!!!! no better in anyway than the criminals in fact they are criminals with a badge.

[ July 03, 2011, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: CCP ]

Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 04:03 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Standard Operating Procedure being exercised by that Fire Captain who was doing what any company officer would have done in that very situation. The officer's job, under those circumstances, is traffic control as a means of protecting first responders, rescue personnel, and the victims in the accident. Every rescue agency in the country does exactly what you see in that video, and I can guaran-damned-tee you that this incident wasn't the first time this "veteran officer" saw an Engine Company use their vehicle, the very same way that the officers parked their units between the oncoming traffic and the accident scene.

In Kansas, we have laws that protect both firefighters and emergency medical personnel as they do their work. Just as you can be arrested for obstructing a law enforcement officer in the performance of their duties, you can be arrested for obstructing a firefighter and/ or EMT/Paramedic (MICT) as well.

Rescue and extrication of the victims was the primary focus of tactical operations on that scene. When that engine company pulled up, the Incident Commander (likely Med Command) had instructed him to park there simply because of the protective aspects, as well as the fact that on today's rescue units, the Jaws of Life, spreaders, etc., are pneumatic and run off the truck itself rather than being a hydraulic portable unit that can be taken off the truck, so the truck has to be within a certain distance. That Captain, and I know this because I was one, was Rescue Sector Command and, at that moment, due to most agency's SOP's, became the guy in charge on that scene while that officer just became a lacky charged with traffic control. I really wonder why he was doing all this while cars are racing around the rescue units on scene. He should have been behind the last vehicle directing traffic. Another perfect example of how some people do not know how to properly employ the power their badge gives them.

I personally would have asked my Chief to pursue obstruction charges against that officer and a shitload of disciplinary action, to boot. I only had one person arrested for that. I was working a demo derby when a car got rolled and the guy driving appeared to be hurt. My crew and I entered the arena and I was leaning inside the car assessing the driver's injuries when one of his drunk crew team picked one of the flags/ stick up off the grounds that mark the cars and slammed it on the roof of the car next to my head while ordering me to get him out of the car. I withdrew from the car, ordered a firefighter standing nearby to move the guy back. He pulled away from the firefighters and came after me with the stick. I ordered my people away from the car and requested PD in the arena. We took the driver out on a spineboard and cot, and the other guy got handcuffed and perp walked out in front of 1000 people while they laughed at him and cheered the cops on. he wasn't quite as arrogant two weeks later in court when he pled guilty to disorderly conduct and obstruction of an emergency medical technician. I did get a sincere apology, too.

[ July 03, 2011, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 04:14 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep that area is a little north of me, it's by the old Ford Motor plant, and McDonald Douglas Complex. The PD has a history in that area. Maybe they can settle things at the next "Guns and Hoses" boxing bouts.

Here is another Turd getting his due.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4so13VWGhlA&feature=related

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 04:18 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
The corruption has just gone too far.

I wonder why this guy only got 2 years probation. Think I would have got the same treatment?

Bartender doesn't OBEY

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 05:11 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm just wrong, but I've learned, throughout my working life that I should never do anything that will result in my Chief, my Director, my Supervisor, or my Postmaster needing to have a conversation with me that I didn't initiate because he/ she got a phone call or visit from someone caused by a decision I made. Nothing good ever came from a dialogue that began with, "I need to see you in my office." I ask myself before making any decision if there's any chance this can go wrong and if so, what I should do to make sure it doesn't. I've jokingly shared that philosophy with my current supervisor and he thanked me for being smart enough to conduct myself in that manner. Never been fired. Never been disciplined. Not that hard to do.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 06:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is why, (apparently) that you weren't cut out for law enforcement.

just kidding! Lord, be with those starving pigmies, etc.

gh....lb

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
J_hun
Member # 872

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 12:43 PM      Profile for J_hun   Author's Homepage   Email J_hun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Rich. If the Asshole would have remained calm and done what the officer wanted him to do, he would have on his way. But no, him and his wife had to make a stupid Ass scene. Good for the officer. If you had to put up with that shit all the time I imagine sometimes they over-react. I actully thought when he came up to the drivers window , somthing bad was going to happen. My hats go out to all officers. Not a good safe job, with all the idiots running around. I live in town of about 13,000 and there are plenty of idiots driving around here.

[ July 04, 2011, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: J_hun ]

Posts: 141 | From: Pierre,S.D. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 04:49 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Not me Jerry. Personnally, I feel the cop lost control of the stop, and never gained it back, thus the use of the taser. Why not just concede, let the guy go without signing....he won't out run the fact he'll still get a fine. May even be worse now. Of course, the roads are safer now, with this dumb sob lying on the side of the road with a ton of voltage running through his body.{speaking of this, is it just me, or is all the cops seem to do anymore is levy fines and generate income for their county/state?}.

Yes, I do have a definate dislike for cops. Not saying I don't like them, just start out disliking them. Maybe it will grow into a friendship, but I'm rarely disappointed. Hell, they start out thinking we are all 'turds'....just haven't been caught yet...right?

See, I live in a community of only 5000. We are basically a microcosim of larger more populated areas. So, when a local trooper stands up in the local bbq joint and says to his buddies(loud enough for all to hear) " I hope someone mouths off today. 'cause I have had a bad day, and feel like bustin' someones head". Or, a local cop arrests some guy and smashes his face on the hood of his cruiser, and all he can tell anyone is how upset he is that they won't give him the dented hood to mount on his wall. My approach to cops is reinforced.

All because the guy wouldn't sign his name. We should all do what they say right?!?! So, if they tell us all to strip down naked, enter these showers and breath deep.....its all for our own good right?

I wonder if King George thought the boys in Philly were turds?

Maintain, and Happy Independance day

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
J_hun
Member # 872

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 05:47 PM      Profile for J_hun   Author's Homepage   Email J_hun         Edit/Delete Post 
Good points also CrossJ. We have some really small towns that main hiways go through and it does seem like they just wait for someone to speed through. Some of them can be real jerks and after awhile everybody knows about these town cops and which little towns they patrol in. Give some of these guys a badge and they think they are God!! Still a lot of idiots around though.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 06:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie, it's guys like you is why our L.E. crew is in hiding. Hey, I'm just teasing; but I know they are a little sensitive to criticism, of any kind. When you have all that authority, you are not very receptive to ANY sort of criticism. It's a God complex, and to make it worse, they generally have an attitude that they expect a whole lot of gratitude for risking their life and doing their duty. I think it comes as a shock to know how much animosity is out there.

I'm not anti-cop. Neither am I very impressed by what they do. I wouldn't do what they do for love nor money. If you take a look at some of those YouTube videos, you will find enough additional accounts of poor police work to keep you watching all night.

Policemen need to understand that, yeah stopping a bank robbery is glory, but there are many examples of contact where honest citizens are left with a bitter reaction, repeatedly. So, what the hell do they expect?

I don't think this message board is populated by cop haters. I don't know the answer, but there is example after example of bad police behavior. As silly as it sounds, cops are no different from contractors, there are good ones and bad ones.

Deal with it folks.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

J_hun
Member # 872

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 07:02 PM      Profile for J_hun   Author's Homepage   Email J_hun         Edit/Delete Post 
Good point there Leonard, same with politicians, there are some good ones and some bad ones.
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 07:56 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, you touched on something that I feel is really important. Media, hollywood, even good hearted citizens have turned Fireman, policeman, emt's and soldiers into hero's. Every last one of them. I am thankful that they choose to serve their country or community. I realize that they see a lot of things on a daily basis, that the average person might not see in 20 years. However, there are heroic and courageous deeds that define a hero. It is going above and beyond the call of duty. It is risking their life for another when knowing the situation. A traffic stop, serving as a clerk in the army, administering cpr, putting out a house fire are not heroic deeds. It is just a job that involves a people. The most dangerous jobs out there are usually mining and construction. I really have a strong hatred about how the term "hero" is thrown around way to easily these days. It sort of takes away from those special few that have really done something extraordinary, not for the fame, but for the betterment of those that surround them.

This may be a backhanded compliment to the cop in the video, but he did remain calm throughout the entire situation. However, he was a little to carefree with that tazer, when there have been several deaths when using the supposedly "non-lethal" device. The other thing was he forgot to let the guy know what he was being arrested for, and explaining his options to him, hence escalating the situation. If he would have just as calmly answered a couple of the driver's questions, than the situation might have turned out differently.

About Washington's law. What I meant to say was that a driver can not get a violation reduced to a warning in the courtroom. That can only be done by pleading with the officer. We can dispute tickets, but the best you can hope for is a reduced fine, throwing the ticket out completely, a deferral where it comes off your driving record if you don't violate in the next year, or as I have recently found out, they can change the ticket to a non-moving violation which won't affect your insurance. I got my first ticket after being clean for 12 years (a 35 in a 25) and was shocked when the court clerk announced we could pay a fine for expired tabs and not have to deal with a moving violation on our record, or one year probation by taking a deferral. Good policy in my eyes, because a driver learns their lesson, without getting doubly hurt by insurance increases.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 09:02 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie, for awhile now, our local heros are getting a grant that pays for overtime. Catch is they have to right more tickets so they've been writing seat belt tickets right and left, it's a cheap fine and they need to be worn but to pay overtime just kills me.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ken
will be missed
Member # 3065

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 11:25 PM      Profile for Ken   Email Ken         Edit/Delete Post 
HEY, HEY LB, not hiding if I am included in that mix?? [Big Grin]

I've been here since I registered, lurk more than post, as I said before.

I saw the video.

As I have stated before, someone doesn't want to sign a traffic ticket, WRITE REFUSED TO SIGN in the signature box, give the violator his copy and move on.

You write a supplemental report as to why the violator refused to sign the ticket, what was said, tell the judge you have the stop on video tape. Let the court handle the rest.

From what I could see from the video, the cop didn't even allow the guy some time to slow down as he entered the reduced speed zone before stopping him. Seems chicken shit to me.

Tasing the guy over all that. NO THANKS!!!

If what someone said that a signature is not required on Utah State tickets, then the whole mess was bad from the start.

If one doesn't need to sign the ticket, then the cops order to step out of the car is unlawful. PERIOD!!!

What concerned me the most is when the cop tased the guy, he appeared to actually fall partially into the lane of traffic. [Eek!]

NOT GOOD!!!! If that guy would have been hit by a passing vehicle.

People are generally VERY cooperative on traffic stops, this guy who refused to sign the ticket would be say 1 out of 200 who might get a little more than uncooperative. Speaking from my experience, not for the USA!!

Turd or not, fighting someone on the side of an interstate is some scary stuff.

The cop positioned himself on the driver side in the manner he did so he could keep an eye on approaching traffic.

It would have been better if the cop approached on the passenger side of the car. Especially on freeway stops if at all possible.

--------------------
I am 5'10",an asshole 220% for sure. Former dirty deed doer for PM. Corrupt too! My name is Festus.

Posts: 281 | From: High Desert | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2011 11:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you're included. Once a cop..... Now, talk to 49 and tell him he doesn't have to defend every friggin' stupid cop in the U.S.A.

gh....lb

Attention everybody, you have 5 more minutes to pick on police officers, then it's contractors, next weekend.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 10:06 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Great post, Ken.
IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 07:25 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
When does time to pick on postal workers start? I got me some shit to spill.

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 08:06 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, postal workers, now these are some crazy suckers.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 08:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a self serving comment, JD. We are going to roast contractors next weekend; Boy Howdy!

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 08:27 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
How many posts can a postal worker drive in on a good day????

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 08:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you call what you do, Tim? Just asking.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 08:35 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
In the summer or winter????

Edit to add:

Are you serious or just looking for another occupation to pick on?????

[ July 05, 2011, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2011 09:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I want to put you on the roster, but I'm a little vague on what you do?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2011 12:34 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
TA doing his thing
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters