The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » GREAT cop video... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 

Author Topic: GREAT cop video...
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 04:11 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you contractors.. [Mad]

When my house was built fall/winter of 93' It was those "wimp" drywallers that refused to work because high temp's were about 17 degree's.

I had to pay for another month's rent on our apartment.. [Eek!]

Who's got a link we can post and bash on contractors ?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 04:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I googled whiny ass contractors named JD and got 1,432, 562 hits, after narrowing it down to Nebraska.

I bet he moves around a lot?

gh....lb

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 05:19 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going over to "contractor talk" forums and telling the brotherhood that you guys are a bunch of haters.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 05:20 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
If ya wanna be a POS contractor, so be it, the tax payers don't pay your salary. If you're an independent contractor there is no union to put-up for you so you are on your own. Do your work on time, on or under budget and you will rake in cash. The sleazy contractors are weeded out fairly quickly. The same can't be said for the profession this thread is discussing.
I was a siding sub-contractor for 15 yrs before the building stopped in MI. The weak and lazy only survive for so long. We'd see crews last a month and be out because they screwed off and didn't do quality work, quickly.

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 05:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, why don't you go suck the ninny over at contractor talk.com. People here don't understand or appreciate you anyway. You just can't admit that some contractors do not deserve, and can't handle all that power.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 05:32 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
You people from the general public are all wrong, and the contractors are right. That's why they stick together. You may hire them and pay their salary, but you don't know squat about how they should treat you. You are totally wrong in your ideas about what you hired them to do, how they should do it and what the end product should be.

When any group hired by the public have contempt for the public and disagree constantly with the public regarding how they do their job, that is a clue for really alert detectives that something is badly wrong. Maybe, just maybe, the public employees are the ones who don't get it.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 05:38 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd respond to all this banter but it's time for a break, union rules and all.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 05:58 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have you know that I run my business with integrity, I have a small crew that does top notch work, we don't need to resort to lies and gimmicks in order to charge the customer more money, in fact many of my customers offer the crew more money in the form of one dollar tips.

Here's a picture of the crew at our morning (OSHA required) safety meeting. Checking out each others "gear"  -

--------------------
Jason

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 06:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Automotive electricians are s'posed to be next, Dan, but we can move you to the front of the line if you keep it up.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 06:08 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever! All Electricians have to know is wires, switches, and loads. No sweat-e-da

I'm applying for a job with JD's crew. Definitely a step up from who I am working with presently. JD, do you even have to pay the guys under your employ?

[ July 02, 2011, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 06:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm betting they do dumb things with smart phones.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 07:19 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
All that contractor stuff aside, I finally had the chance to watch this video and,.... wow. That guy set the stage for this train wreck from the moment he approached the stopped car. Maybe that patrolman is trained differently than we were, but we were always required to treat the driver of the car with some sense of decency and respect. After all, it isn't like he just stopped Bonnie & Clyde, for crissakes. LOL Not to tell him or any other LEO his or her job, but the exchange should have begun with "Good afternoon/ evening/ morning, sir. I need to see your registration and proof of insurance." At this point, the driver either would or would not have been collecting that information besides, after all, you can clearly hear him admit his guilt when he said "Alright, I was going a little fast." Of course, rather than leaning into his window as this officer was doing - little too in the driver's personal space, if ya know... - he should have been slightly behind but alongside the door where he could see the driver and his passenger, but not be completely in his line of fire should the guy actually pull a weapon. Then, he might have said, in a respectful tone of voice, rather than being the smartass he was, "The reason I stopped you is because you were driving faster than the 40 mph posted limit for this road." (The driver is entitled to that information - reasonable cause for the stop.) Maybe, or maybe not, the driver would say, "How fast was I going?" to which the officer would have said, let's say, 49, for shits and giggles. "I don't think I was going that fast. Can I see your radar?" Now, if he didn't get the radar locked, he's screwed. Many times, I saw the officers I rode with not lock the speed and they ended up giving a very courteous warning while not letting on that they lacked the evidence to support the NTA. The driver simply thought the officer was one helluva good guy. On several occasions, drivers did get to see the radar because they would be asked to step back to the patrol car where they would be seated in the passenger front seat. The officer I was with would point out the driver's speed and explain to him that the radar had been calibrated prior to that very shift and that information would be entered as evidence.

Law enforcement, and the business of how the law is enforced, is a lot like hunting in that LEO's do what they do because, in our society - a society and a nation of laws - we allow you to do so. When law enforcement steps beyond what we as a society regard to be beyond the norms of our values, things must change.

Tasers are a useful tool, but this instance illustrates that they are too often used in place of good old common sense. The driver was stopped. He is on video. His license plate information is clearly visible and the officer had his driver's license information. There is no doubt who was stopped and, according to the officer, why. Unless it has changed, where I live signing the NTA only acknowledges that you will appear in court. If you refuse to sign it, the officer will simply hand you the unsigned ticket and advise you that your failure to sign does not relieve you of your obligation to appear in court. You can even throw it out the window. Same thing. You still have to be there. Seen it more than once. The officer simply, and calmly, advises the driver that his failure to appear at the scheduled day and time will result in an arrest warrant being issued for him for failure to appear. No need to raise your voice. No need to bring weapons into play. No need to risk killing someone over a traffic infraction.

As I said in other threads when the subject of defending those who do the same thing as you came up... you sure as hell don't see me jumping to the defense of every jackwagon federal employee who does some bonehead stunt that makes him or herself and those who do the same work look like a dumbass. I just don't see why there is this need to defend stupid people. The guy should have and could have handled that situation differently. Not that hard to say. And apparently, a jury agreed - a jury comprised of those same people I spoke of earlier who, in this instance, decided that they disagreed with what this guy thought he could get away with simply because he wears a badge. An asshole with a badge is still an asshole. LOL

We have a guy who works for F&G. He had some information that a bunch of 20-ish guys were violating game laws. He calls in a batallion of state troopers, sheriffs deputies and other game wardens when he approaches these guys walking out a river bend. They admitted that they'd scoped out a flock of feeding Canadas with their rifles, but they were simply looking at them and had not taken a shot. (They're all waterfowlers, too, and were sizing up the flock for a later hunt.). Anyway, long story less long, after they disarm these guys, this warden walks up to one and asks him, "So you think I'm not worth a shit, do you?" to which the guy just smiles and tells him he doesn't know what he's talking about. He then leans in close so that no one else hears him tell this young man, "A least I'll be going home alive at the end of the day."

Would you consider that a threat? Lotsa tickets written. None stuck.

Same guy checked me in the field. For the first five minutes, he was professional and checked my paperwork. When I asked him if he was done, stating that we had a lot of hunting to do that day, he said he was and as I turned to walk back to my truck, he began a rant that lasted fifteen minutes, complete with a litany of "shits", "Fucks", "God damns", and all while in uniform and on duty as he carried on about how I had supposedly caused him all kinds of grief. He had a sheriff's deputy a half-mile each way from us for backup, one of which has known me since he waited at my house with his mother when they brought me home from the hospital at 3 days old, and the other, a young man I've known since he was four years old when I served on the Fire Department with his dad. I have the entire exchange on CD as a recording from the digital recorder that was in my pocket, provided to me by my brother. The local Sheriff has a copy, as does my brother, who was in drug enforcement at the time. This particular warden sent out a warning to other area officers that I was "mentally unstable" and should be treated with "extreme caution if and when encountered in the field".

My point is this - again - there are a lot of guys with badges who maybe shouldn't have them. Not all cops are bad, but some are certainly "interesting". And still, the term "Going Postal" just won't die. LOL

P.S. - The local guy keeps track of me closely enough that it really wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't print a copy of this and wave it in my face in the not so distant future. He actually showed my old partner Matt a letter he had from my dad in which dear Dad had apologized to him for the problems I had caused over the years. Except, and Matt knew this at the time, my dad had been dead for over two years prior to the date on the letter. He told me that things got kinda weird after that. [Wink]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 09:30 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
CDog...I'd be curious of that wardens name.

If you're not comfortable with that...how bout his initials.

Sounds an awful lot like a warden I "knew" about on the east side.

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2011 10:03 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Something funnier yet, one of our MO wardens was a felon, carried a badge and a gun and made arrest and all that. He left MDC and went to the sheriffs office, they needed people with experience.

Doubt he's wearing a badge anymore. Don't know when they found out.

There were several felons working for St. Louis sheriff's dept. too a while back, TV news brought it to light, SO's had no idea.

Another Poser con'ed his way into a PD around Gerald MO, actually made several drug bust and all kinds of arrest,

You'll love this one

[ July 02, 2011, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 08:07 AM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
4949 - Here's my intelligent conversation for you.

In Washington, a judge no longer has the ability to throw a ticket out for extuinuating cicumstances. The judges have instructed drivers that a ticket needs to be disputed with the officer, if we feel it is unwarranted.

Also, the officer is required to write down the speedwe are traveling, and the posted speed on the ticket itself.

I don't know if this is the same in the state where this video was recorded.

The officer needlessly escalated the situation. He is supposed to be the professional in this situation. The driver acted somewhat recklessly, but was not disrespectful, just trying to dispute the ticket. Obviously he got nervous when the officer drew his tazer and did not know how to react. AS drivers we don't go through years of training to understand what the proper procedure is when someone points a weapon at us.

I don't understand why you get so upset over our reactions to these discussions about police work on the forum. They have all been examples of terrible abuses of power. If you want attaboys and thank you's, post up some different stories.

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 09:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, tl. You have to wonder what kind of a personnel file this officer has accumulated? If this is his normal behavior, there must be other examples? I don't know, maybe it was an unfortunate clash of personalities, but it didn't start off on the right foot for our man behind the badge. So, the mouth, the attitude, the mistakes all seemed to elicit a reaction from the citizen that made it clear he thought he was getting railroaded.

gh....lb

PS hey, you can keep it forever, if you want, but that quote from Dan, (the man) ain't all that special.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 11:00 AM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
There is new sig for you Leonard.

AS for contractor's. I had a comic in my office for years. It was a guy coming out of the Contractor's Cafe. A gal asked him, "How was it?" He replies with, "Good, but the food ended up costing double, and it took four times longer to get cooked."

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 11:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE IT! I bet he will too!

Good contractor joke, and like a lot of good satire, a lot of truth to it.

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 12:05 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it?

--------------------
Jason

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 12:12 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else wonder why that guy didn't call for some assistance? He's outnumbered by someone he apparently feels is something of a threat, he's having a heckuva time keeping track of the poor guy on the ground and his wife early on. At some point, in most situations, he probably would have called for help, assuming he wasn't concerned and more than a little bit aware that things had gone south, and more than a little bit because of how he chose to handle the situation and maybe just maybe, he hoped to get himself extricated from that mess without anyone else getting involved and hoped to God that nothing was ever said. Oops.

I don't agree with that change in Washington. You're gonna have a lot of confrontations on the street between officers and every swinging dick that doesn't agree with being inconvenienced, and that's pretty much every vehicle stop. I was always under the impression that the reason the judge was called "the Judge" was because he or she judged the actions of the accused as well as the actions of the law enforcement official in enforcing the law - the balance between those who enforce the law and those who are subject to it - as to who was in the right and who was in the wrong, including whether there was reasonable cause for the accused to have been stopped to begin with. That law basically renders the judge unnecessary and endangers the life of every road deputy and traffic cop in the state.

More thoughts on the overall behavior of that officer. Whether you're talking law enforcement, fire protection or emergency medical service, the basis for 911 and emergency services is to give regular people someplace to turn when the situation gets beyond their ability to control it. That's how it works. It's really very simple.

As a society, we chose long ago to appoint specific people to official positions with the duty and responsibility to uphold the various rules we felt were necessary to keep our social structure running properly. It has been just within the time frame that America has been a country that the idea of having a constabulary was created. Prior to that time, the laws were enforced by local militia, that being every able-bodied man between the ages of 16 and 65 who, under law, were required to have a rifle and ammunition for just such purposes, not only defense of the homeland. Then, we invented the "cop". Although these people are given special authority, they are not granted wholesale freedom to do as they wish, when they wish, and how they wish. In fact, they are (and rightfully so) held to a higher standard as protection for the people to ensure that they do not overstep those privileges. When they do, it is our duty as a society to effect the necessary changes to guarantee that peace and order are once again established and maintained. Those given badges and sworn to protect others are expected to demonstrate the utmost in judgment by how they act, and yes, how they react. Otherwise, we wouldn't arm them with guns. But, they're only human and, as mere mortals, they can and do make mistakes. No need to defend their bad decisions. Admit that what they did wasn't proper and let them take responsibility for themselves.

As I feel no responsibility to defend the actions of firefighters, EMT's, postal workers, taxidermists, outdoor writers, or blonde-headed, balding middle-aged men gone wrong, I don't see why those in law enforcement feel this compelling need to defend the actions of a guy who exercised poor judgment - 40k dollars worth of poor judgment - rather than simply acknowledging that reasonable people have the God-given right to look at that video and determine whether or not the officer exceeded the authority that we, as a society, have granted him and, if so, to demand changes be made. AS Leonard so eloquently pointed out, as LEO's you serve US and every one of you is a volunteer. You either enforce the laws in a manner consistent with how we as a society demand they be enforced, to include a measure of self restraint in doing so, or don't be surprised when we decide that your actions are outside the law as we, reasonable people see it. Whether you're the President, the Attorney General, the local dog catcher, or the constable on patrol, you represent the government and with the way things are in today's world, my advice would be for you to be careful where you step or you may find the reasonable people in this country taking back what was ours to begin with.

And, with having said that, Janet Napolitano can kiss my white ass!

[ July 03, 2011, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 12:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
déjà vu all over again. JD doesn't get it. [Smile]

gh....lb

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 01:01 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Cdog911, that was eloquent!

Wish every local newspaper would run your latest post.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 01:33 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I often wonder why these people became cops? I imagine they are asked this in interviews and some just shine on the super genius guys in charge.

Do they really want to protect and serve? Or is it a steady job with good benefits? At least in this area the pay is good.

Could be they think Kojak was such a chick magnet that they long to be him? I dunno

Mostly, why do the good cops tolerate all the bad ones? They know damn well what's going on, and sure aren't maintaining law and order. In reality they are aiding the criminals in uniform by covering for and protecting them.

Either way, thank god they aren't contractors. [Smile]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 01:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting it....three estimates, etc.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2011 02:09 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand why you guys have to say such hurtful things about contractors.

Nicely done Lance.

--------------------
Jason

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters