The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Powder Measure (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Powder Measure
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2015 10:15 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:
but quality tools are always a joy to operate and the Harrell's is quality. I really like it.
-----------------------------------------------
I wanted to add there's something to be said for that..I've been wanting some Ratcheting Wrench sets for awhile now.

We sell some basic tools and stuff @ work. We have the John Deere brand and aftermarket. Unfortunately they're both made in Taiwan
[Mad]

Anyway, just last night. I bought the Deere in both SAE and Metric, cost twice the money as the other brand. Why ? because they just felt better..

[ March 14, 2015, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2015 11:19 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
While, I'm rambling on a boring rainy day.

That was a great post Vic. A lot to be said right there. I'd like to say because, I'm a simple man. I've actually been using those cheap Lee spoons for years and somehow produced good shooting rounds. I use them to get close and trickle of course.

Now I'm getting old and lazy..I wanna throw a lever, charge my case and move on with other things. Like a nap.. [Razz]

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2015 01:13 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Powder tricklers.....just looked on the bench, and I see two RCBS tricklers, haven't used one in 15 years I bet? The only trickler I use is attached to me; and no mater how many times I shake it, seems there's always a drop left?
Leonard needs to make the addition of a classified section, so we can peddle shit like this, reloading stuff, scopes etc?
If someone wants these two tricklers, shoot me a 20 dollar bill and I'll send them on their way.

Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2015 01:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I could do that. Let me think about it.

edit: Raining? Here it's not a cloud in the sky, 92 degrees right now.

Heading to the $300 store, BRB

Good hunting. El Bee

[ March 14, 2015, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2015 01:37 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
A classified section would be great!

I just got through adding 2 sbeets of plywood to my bench. Bought a Dillon Square Deal B to load pistol ammo on and found a few items on my bench I never use.

Raining here too.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2015 06:29 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
92 degrees, Wow !! seems kinda warm for March ?
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2015 05:41 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Supposed to get into the 70's at my house this week. Hell, it was mid 60's yesterday.

Been the warmest, driest winter I can ever remember around here. Would have been a good year to put up some numbers if I had been able to get out like I wanted to.

Watch, next year I'll be good to go and the snow will lock me out by Christmas!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2015 08:26 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
It has been above average on temps here for the past month. I saw rockchucks the first week of February.

The real shocker though was the earliest I've ever seen ground squirrels in all my 40 plus years of shooting them was March 7, and that was probably 25 years ago.

This year I saw squirrels on Feb 24. Most years it is late March and even into April before they show up. But this year the snow was gone by late Feb. The ground squirrels we have here are the Columbian ground squirrel species and they typically come up later than other ground squirrels.

Might be a crazy year?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 10:53 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
It has been getting warn here in the SW deserts. Temps in the mid 80s right now.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1925 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 05:38 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, our winter was over about the middle January down here Lonny.

Dry and unseasonably warm in February.

Thinkin' about checking out our Belding's ground squirrel AKA- sage rat population this weekend, kinda early though. Usually mid-late April is the cats ass for 'em.

Almost hate to burn up some of my 22 ammo though !!

[ March 16, 2015, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2015 07:06 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

Our local squirrel population kinda went into the tank about 15 years ago, but seems to be recovering a bit. From the time I was old enough to carry a 22 until my mid-30's we had good squirrel shooting. Don't know what happened, but places that had good colonies were suddenly devoid of anything. They seem to be coming back a bit now, but anymore I wait until the young are out before I do much shooting.

Dave you ever head over to Eastern OR for some sagerat shooting? When our squirrel shooting was at its lowest we went over towards Burns for a few days each spring. Good times, good shooting.

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 05:39 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny, our rat population has been off the last few years. Last year being the worst hopefully ?

That's kinda why, I might go pokin' around, to see what's up ?

I've haven't shot rats in Oregon yet ? We meaning a few of us @ work have on open invite to a alfalfa farm north of Vale Or, just haven't done it yet.

I'm curious if you guys are shooting on public land or private. I'm fairly familiar with the Burns area. I would guess shooting over those pivot fields would be pretty good ?

Were really lucky to have BLM west of us in Idaho close to the border, that has held tons o' rats.

[ March 17, 2015, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2015 08:36 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
We were shooting private land. From what I know now, the land that we shot on is leased now and is a pay thing.
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2015 04:39 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep that's kinda what I figured. I know some guys that went to Christmas Valley,SW of there and paid. The land was leased to some guide type of guy ?

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters