The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Weather (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Weather
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted January 24, 2017 03:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You old Softy!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2017 05:58 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Ol'Dave A's end of the world has gotten crushed this winter. Thanks to Farwell Bend and the Snake River that area gets weather all seasons.

We set 3 records at Challis,-25, -30 and -31. We have 20-24" of snow on the flat around town.
100 plus head of elk and a ton of deer. But the twig munchers are going to take it in the shorts this winter. Already seeing deer starting to eat pine needles. Had a couple head of elk get into the place the other night and they found our stach of hay. They even walked into the dog kennel to get hay.
Even the jackrabbits have moved down out of the hills and living close to houses.

The dog is a woose and he sleeps inside by the wood stove.

We came down to the low land but it isn't any better than up country. Headed back up tomorrow after the doc appointment.

Ya'll take care down freeze, fall in the drink or a snow pile.

[ January 24, 2017, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: earthwalker ]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 08:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Woose? I'd say you have a smart dog! My spellchecker doesn't like that word but has no suggestions that make any sense?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 09:34 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think that dog has it figured out !!

The winter is hard on game for sure. Payette just north of me had 50 antelope wander in to town & they ate some kind of shrub & it killed them. I'll have to see if I can find the link.

I'm figuring about 4 feet of total snowfall here. I'm a little fuzzy, took a nasty spill on the ice this morning. Doc says probably a mild concussion. I've about had enough..

(edit) here it is.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/dozens-of-antelope-found-dead-in-payette/386878422

[ January 25, 2017, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 09:54 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Antelope is even more delicious than those goats you have. Free grub?

Hope you feel better Dave,
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 09:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a surprising number of common landscape shrubs that are toxic to one degree or another. Houseplants too. Drinking ordinary paint can make you pretty sick, even insecticide.

It's a dangerous world out there.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 10:32 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mammoth-snowfall-20170124-story.html

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 11:58 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
It has been a bit crazy weather wise for sure.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2017 01:15 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Reading about all that snow and freezing weather makes me just chilled to the bone.Was out in just a shirt yesterday,71 degrees out, walking the property and found three differant species of mushrooms already popping up. I do not miss Nevada in the winter after being here for even the few months that I have. Can't wait for the morels to start popping up.
Saw some nice size bobcat tracks and an old coyote den down by our creek along with some coyote tracks. There is hope here for me yet for wacking a few predators. Brrrr record lows you say...BRRRR.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2017 06:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
11 degrees here
shit its cold!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2017 06:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....but, it's a dry cold.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2017 04:45 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
hell got up to 27 today !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2017 07:48 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
hell got up to 27 today !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2017 06:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the comment about three different mushrooms? I wouldn't know where to begin, other than the produce section at Stater Bros.

Walt, how do you tell for sure that you're not eating something that's going to destroy your liver? What are the odds? I mean it's like Asians, you know? They all look alike?

What is a "Morel" and what is it used for? Do you sprinkle them on your Wheaties, or are they fried, more like liver and onions? How about truffles? This is such secret stuff, nobody knows?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2017 03:47 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I only pick morels, oysters and shitakes to eat as I am familiar with them and they are very delicious when used in meals. And yes, one has to be very careful about just going out and eating mushrooms as you mentioned the liver, not to mention possibly actually dieing or even going on a trip as many of them contain psylociben which is somewhat like LSD and has been used through history by many peoples for religous enlightenment. Or just going on a trip and never leaving the ground.
I need a dictionary lol.....Walt

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2017 03:51 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Just let the dog out and there is some snow on the ground,brrrr,think I'll just veg around the house today,I still have what seems like a kajillion boxes to unpack and find space for all my crap I brought here.Never ending.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2017 07:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can relate.

When I moved into this house Jan 1, 1975, I left a few boxes stacked in the garage. They were still there a year later, guess I didn't need that stuff as bad as I thought?

Then, there were some things I wished I HAD brought, like the heavy duty welding table, and some antique toys that I realized at a later date were quite valuable. Plus, all that gold I buried in the back yard, Yeah, wish I had dug it up, but it was too close to the bodies.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: did I tell you that I actually knew a guy that dug up buried treasure? Took him a while, but the old geezer that owned the land and gave him permission had totally forgot where he buried $10,000 in crisp new bills. Since it took him a year or so, if he was paid by the hour, it didn't do much more than cover expenses. (right here in Upland)

[ January 30, 2017, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 12:28 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
How's things there LB ? I thought I read So.Cal was going to get 4" of rain ?

On a side note: it's supposed to get 45 here today. I left the house @ 9:30am this morning for a bunch of errands foggy as hell & 37. Got home @ 1:pm & it's 34 @ foggier. Go figure ?

Wife just called from Boise & it's 50 ?

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2017 07:43 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I've lost about a foot of snow in 48 hours. Amazing !!

Green grass around the house all of a sudden ? Pasture looks like it has mold ?

What saved us, is the ground never froze. Sucked up the snow-moisture, like a sponge..

Some minor flooding, could have been way worse. I don't hate winter, but, come on spring !!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2017 08:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I may have gotten a little sunburn today.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2017 03:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's what happen when you fall asleep outdoors in you flip f[ops KOKO .

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2017 05:03 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
I still have the 'V' shaped tan lines on my feet from last year.

[ February 22, 2017, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2017 05:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
uh huh, but leave your hat on for sure....

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2017 04:18 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Fred looks like your going to get hit hard today, might be a good day to stay home and do some reloading. Be safe and good luck.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2017 06:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, we are in springtime conditions for more than a week, already. The pollen on my windshield was like mud when I turned on the squirters. Seems like the average temperature has swung at least ten degrees, lizards are out all over the place.

I don't have much use for California winters anyway. I think I can put the Adendum, (desert rose) back outside any day now.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters