The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Weather (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Weather
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2016 10:23 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Gorgeous weather here, today.
Rain for tomorrow, nothing white to speak of in the near future...

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2016 07:16 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas. Snowing here this morning, 15 above. HEAT WAVE!!

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2016 08:19 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Some real winter for the first time in many years.

5" of snow last night. Usually the valley where I live, doesn't as much snow as the higher elevations around us, but this winter it has been colder and and it has been staying.

Lots of people here try to get through winter without snow tires, this winter wouldn't be a good one to try that.

What amazes me is the amount of people (usually guys) that I will see having trouble driving in town, won't use 4-wheel drive.

A young guy (20 y-o) that I work with commented on the tough traveling on the snow-covered-roads the other morning. I had just drove the same stretch 30 minutes earlier and didn't think it was that bad? I asked him if he had his truck in 4WD and he said "No"

I than asked him why in the fuck he didn't use 4WD? He said the thought he really didn't need to put it in 4.

The funny thing is I hear the same thing from young people all the time. One gal told me she thought it was hard on her Blazer to use 4WD so she spun and slid her way to work. I finally convinced her that using 4WD wouldn't destroy her Blazer for the trip home.

Jacked up pickups with $2500 of tires and wheels but won't use 4WD?? I just don't get it?

Bitch over for now..

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2016 08:20 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Merry Christmas everyone !!

I'm snowed in Lol..Probably 8"-9" here yesterday and last night. I'm figuring about 20" of snow so far for December.

Supposed to have Christmas eve dinner & stuff here @ the "Goat Ranch" I have a 150ft lane to get to the house. My MIL's car wont make it. The dairy farmer down the road is supposed to come clear it for me.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2016 08:26 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas everybody.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2016 08:55 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Merry Christmas to all of you. Here in Utah we still haven't got much snow yet. Supposed to get some tonight. It is a weird year so far. One day its 40 degrees for a high next its 20 degrees. Cold as hell one day and mild the next.
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2016 09:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here too. One day, high of 56 degrees, next day it's all the way up to 58. Go figure?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: oh, and I will celebrate Christmas Eve alone this year since Pinky pissed off the neighbor, (Paula) who hosts the annual Christmas Party. Why should I suffer for what he did?

[ December 24, 2016, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2016 06:06 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Almost end of year. Not supposed to snow yet ? Lol

Us, local hicks figure were right @ two feet for December. Heavy snow year for us. Were probably ? done, with the worst, for the winter ?

Lonny, we seem to have the opposite problem. Everybody sticks it in 4WD & likes to see how fast they can travel & least on the side roads ?

In town everyone has a different tune..

[ December 30, 2016, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2016 07:42 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Rain on the way here at the Deplorable Central Basket Weaving Center.

Got my 2017 licenses today.
Hunt / Fish combo w/two pole stamp
Bear, lion, deer & turkey tags.
$167.00
Not too bad, actually. Less than $.50 a day.
I'm gonna need more arrows !!!!

Happy New Year !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2016 04:31 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Preparing for the deep freeze now. 25 below or more next week. Will be interesting to see how far into the country this cold travels.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2016 06:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bunkered. Been raining since yesterday.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2017 02:13 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We are looking for a big ice storm to hit Okie land Thursday night and last till Saturday night. Right now the tem. is 73 talk about a big change. Then they are calling for 2 to 4 inch of rain Sunday and Monday going to be a wild ride for the next few days.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2017 06:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Must have started after I went to bed? Coming down pretty good right now. According to the forecast it won't let up until 5 PM.

This seems like a wet winter, if you ask me? Must be some way to claim Global warming, oops, excuse me, CLIMATE CHANGE !

How did they ever get away with that change of title? I'm for sticking with the NON EXISTENT, "GLOBAL WARMING". The way it is now, anything that happens anywhere is proof of CLIMATE CHANGE.

No doubt, they are good. At lying! Flim Flam. Figures Lie and Liars Figure. And Loretta Lynch thinks she should be able to prosecute anybody that denies CLIMATE CHANGE

That's how crazy Liberals are! They want to punish anyone that disagrees with their bullshit. They shouldn't be in charge of anything, much less the Federal Department of Justice!

But now they have suddenly gotten extreme militant over Session's nomination because he didn't get a federal judgeship thirty fucking years ago! Duplicitous Liberals don't understand what the word means and are not embarrassed. It's a friggin' MENTAL ILLNESS, DAMMIT !

And, they are brainwashing our kids seeking higher education! And, we are too stupid to put a stop to it! Pray for us. That's another thing they can't stand. PRAYER. They don't trust it, at all, and they think it should be illegal. MENTAL ILLNESS !

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 12, 2017, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2017 01:21 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie, there's some big-wig Mennonite guy in town from Kansas. I guess the airline company called the other day & said get home now or wait until Monday. He was scheduled to leave Saturday. Sounds like it's going to be a big deal.
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2017 08:27 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think your right Dave......Now there saying we could get over a inch of ice, the governor has put Pawnee county and several others counties in a state of emergency. Going to hit here around midnight you guys up north I think are going to get more ice than us.
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2017 05:49 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Just like Eddie, we are in the bullseye to get .5 to 1" of ice from tomorrow through Monday morning.

The amount of ice we get is going to depend on how fast the rain falls...slow we get more, harder rain, we get less.

Preparing to not have power for at least 48 hours. Power lines and branches start going down with .25" of ice.

Not going to be fun.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2017 06:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What I hate is when the highway gets all froze up and it looks like icey mushrooms, don't know how else to describe it? But, it's pure treachery to drive it, even with chains.

This is a good place to pass this info: When driving at night in a blinding snowstorm; TURN ON YOUR INTERIOR LIGHTS, DOME LIGHT It's amazing! Remember this, next time. Thank me later!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 01:23 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Dome light huh ? Ok, I'll remember that !!

Hang tough guys. Ice sucks !! We've had some ourselves not like what they say is going to happen there. But, even 1/4" makes things tough.

Were supposed to get some more snow & freezing rain next week. We'll see, I guess.

(edit) Tim, I hear ya on the branches. I have three pine tress here by the house. The branches were snapping like twigs for awhile there. I have a hell of a stack out back to deal with, whenever the snow melts ?

[ January 14, 2017, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted January 14, 2017 04:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, do remember! You know, when the snowflakes are reflected back at you from your headlights, it's blinding, in a way. When ever, you can't see where you are going, until you turn on the dome light! It's miraculous, if you want my opinion. Maybe amazing?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 14, 2017, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 07:01 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Makes sense LB. I'll check it out next time.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2017 06:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Discovered by accident. We were driving somewhere, long drive divided highway in a blinding snowstorm. I think it might have been Utah or Wyoming cause I hardly ever get further east than that? Not that it matters.

But, after an hour of watching oncoming traffic, every once in a while we noticed somebody driving with their interior lights on. Huh? After an hour, and observing more dome lights than you would normally see in a week of night driving, we got the hint. Bingo! What a difference!

Everybody needs to be aware of this. It sure makes a difference.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2017 09:22 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Roofs are the latest crisis.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/snow-forces-roof-collapses-at-treasure-valley-onion-plants/386383035

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2017 06:10 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, don't know how Eddie fared, but we got through the most of it OK. Got about .75" of ice here in Central Kansas.

Lost some major branches on a tree in front of our house, but kept power all weekend, unlike most of SW Kansas.

All in all, not bad...got about 2" of much needed rain!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2017 08:29 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear everything is ok Tim !!
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2017 04:30 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well we got half inch of ice but it didn't last.
Temperatures got up warmer than they thought, did come up with 2 inches of rain.
Rain was really helpful for the wheat fields they were looking awful poor.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters