The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Weather (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Weather
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2016 09:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there you go. It's all about quality construction and workmanship. One year waiting list? Wow! You would think they would hire a little more help?

I think I have an idea for starting a new business. koko, you better jump on this.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31494 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2016 12:44 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
And give up my dreams of a career at Wally-World ????????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7591 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 10 posted December 18, 2016 06:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course. What was I thinking?

Especially if they pass that minimum wage thing you should be sitting pretty.

Oh, wait! That was Hillary, huh?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2016 04:53 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie, ya jinxed us!
Woke up Saturday to 6" of snow [Big Grin] Headed out early to sister's house, driving (in 4wd) was like playing a life sized game of 'Frogger'. Woulda been a nightmare if there were any more traffic volume, though...

Beyond the shitty insulation rating of thin walled 'traditional' RV trailers, I'd think the suspension & tow angle would be lacking to get anywhere mildly 'off' the road?
My Uncle useta have a 20' camper that was the 'beachcomber' edition. That trailer frame was set high, and had a rather more robust suspension & ground clearance than a basic RV. I always thought that trailer might be a decent 'spike camp' up in the 'Dacks...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2016 05:43 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Aussie style offroad camper is what I'd like. Nobody imports them though, so getting one over here is an expensive bitch.

But, really, I hate even the though of being tied to one place on a coyote trip. Love the freedom to roam as I please and camp wherever I end up at the end of the day. Almost never come back out on pavement where I left it. Often surface again a couple hundred miles from where I left it.

And, then too, it's a rare tow vehicle that can go where I like to go.

If you have to have a trailer, something like Chad's rig is THE way to go. But even his just wouldn't work for the way I like to roll. There are some that would, and tow vehicles to go with them that could get most of the places my Jeep can. But that's powerball fantasy crap, not anything worth mentioning.

Still happier tenting it, m'self. Was 5 below zero when I woke up in my tent yesterday morning. Didn't suffer in the least. Had the whole camp packed in the Jeep, coffee brewed, cigar lit and ready to roll in less time than it takes most guys to hitch a trailer. And immediately headed into some stuff very few tow capable pickups would fuck with.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2016 06:20 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
-16 air temp in our part of Kansas yesterday...-4 driving to work this morning.

Wind Chill was -30 yesterday. Buddy wanted me to go calling, but I kept the recliner warm!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2016 07:04 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave brings up a very good point though. Where you can get off road with the sheep camp it is limited in where it goes. Which has been a pain at times. I like just going and exploring like Dave mentioned to areas I haven't been before and it is a pain to have to get way in somewhere just to turn around and come out.
Posts: 1628 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2016 10:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What Chad just mentioned is quite common in certain parts of northern Nevada. There are many trails that wind uphill, usually to some mine and that's it, no choice but to turn around and get out of there.

Calling at night, we might make 2 or 3 stands going up and if smart, maybe the same number on the retreat downhill. The reason is that those cats take their sweet time coming in and either they are too far out, or they are blocked because of the terrain. Often enough, there will be a cat sniffing around where we were an hour ago. Well, maybe not a lot of sniffing, but they still poke around in feline fashion. I may never get over that chickenshit "resident only" regulation?

I will say that the things Dave does to get into prime areas does have a downside and that is it wastes time. I try to find a happy medium, where I can make more stands and not be crawling over rocks too much. Some guys might make 6 stands a day, or at least, the most productive part of the day. Others can figure out a way to make 15 stands in the same amount of time. And, I have always believed, it's a numbers game.

Setting up within hearing of a pair of coyotes isn't very hard to do. But, will they bother to come in, that's one of life's mysteries. So many coyotes, so many that are receptive, so many are approaching from a favorable direction, so many are detected, some are not, and some manage to slip away without offering a shot. If you can average 50%, you lead a charmed life; hopefully there might be the bonus. An occasional double?

You work at it, plug away and some days they are running better than others. Everyone knows, right after snowfly, those little critters are more eager. That's when you thank the Coyote Gods for putting you in the perfect place, and at the perfect time.

I need to get out!
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2016 06:44 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
It was 3 degrees this morning. Had to work on a roof top unit at work. One of the bad parts of my job. 5 more years I keep telling myself.

Dave, I would love to do half the shit you do. Your photography, hunting, and just all out adventuring. I'm just not that hard corps anymore. More power to ya. You know, 200 years ago you would probably have been a Daniel Boone or Lewis and Clark type. [Smile]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 20, 2016 07:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He gets my vote

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2016 08:28 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I second that vote...
Posts: 1628 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2016 01:44 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
8" of snow here, was -18 last week. Hit 31 yesterday. 1* this morning. Sky so clear and blue it'll hurt you eyes. Dave A ha! NO FOG here. No freezing rain either.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2016 02:24 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Here ya go Dee ! This will bring back memory's https://weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/l/ USID0181:1:US?phenomena=FG&significance=Y&areaid=IDZ012&office=KBOI&etn=0014

[ December 21, 2016, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2016 03:10 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
No thank you. Just talking with friends who move down by Payette from Emmett and they are just now seeing the 🌞 we're just cold and low RH's.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2016 08:34 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, sun came out today for maybe an hour ?

Right now it's 9 above. Foggy as hell. Humidity @ 80% colder than shit. I think, I mentioned in this thread, went out to do quick chores when it was 4 below & sunny, winds calm ect.

Didn't feel that bad ? The fog & humidity coupled with snow on the ground. Makes it feel damn cold !! I'm in my second winter here & the fog really ain't a big deal. (edit) Because, I drive rural or semi-rural roads. Don't feel the stress.
When, I lived on the other end of the valley, the pollution that hung in the fog. Is what really-really made me cranky [Wink]

[ December 21, 2016, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2016 05:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Raining right now. We've been getting this wet stuff frequently, the past month or so...now that my lawn is dead from water rationing. There's a $1000 fine and enough NAZI neighbors to turn you in, so fuk 'em. Forecast in two days, overnight low, 34 degrees! Good thing I already brought in my Desert Rose, for the winter. Plumaria's are on their own, way too big to get in the door. If it's going to be a cold winter, I will have casualties.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2016 07:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard toss a sheet over the plumeria they'll be fine. raining dogs and underwear here! supposed to snow Saturday. 41 degrees right now down right tropical !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2016 09:23 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thick ass Tule fog here...rain Fri-Sun forcasted.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2016 01:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It says two more days of rain here a-bouts? Forecast still claims we will be flirting with freezing temps by Saturday. If I wanted this, I'd be in Seattle, and I HATE Seattle! What is wrong with those people. 180 days straight, of rain and doesn't faze them a bit! They know just the ticket for depression, "Sunshine Therapy". And, they all vote for Liberals....go figure?

Actually, Tom, (my younger brother who just had a bypass) is in Tumwater, (you know, where they make the beer?) and sells cars in Olympia. He's married to the Bitch that forced him to disassemble his guns into the smallest possible components. And, I mean, down to the last friggin' screw. I know he had to take one piece that LE brother-in-law took apart, to a talented gunsmith. Reason being, he was slapping around a girlfriend, and this was before he married this current Bitch. And see, now you all know our family secrets.

But, see what weather does to people? I'm about to go stir crazy after two days. Can you imagine if I was serving time in Tumwater? I think that's the actual reason why the Bitch insists that all firearms in the house be rendered inoperable and stored in the attic. You know, where they are handy, if a need arises. Like the National Sport in Olympia, the state Capital, Suicide That type of "need". Okay, okay, it's the state sport in Washington; at least the western half. Over in Spokane, they are decent people. Except the ones that used to live in Olympia and Tacoma, etc.

I'm getting out of here before I offend those creeps up in Washington. TTYL

Good hunting. El Bee

PS, I'm thinking of making the traditional scalloped corn to bring to Christmas dinner in Escondido. That's hosted by Diane, mother of my recently discovered 22 year old granddaughter. Boy, is there a story to tell! It's just my son, sowing his wild oats, but he won't be there, of course, he has a moron for a wife. And, I do not abuse the term. But, she's a nympho, and that's all he cares about. Me, I'd step over her willing body, looking for a good place to jack off. Please excuse the salty, (but truthful) language.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2016 04:32 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
SOMETIMES THE THRUTH IS IS BEST

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2016 08:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I swear on a stack of Bibles. Truth.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2016 05:09 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at the radar and running it out several hours looks like the west side of the state, southern and central is going to get hammered. We sit in a double run shadow effect area.we'll see how it goes later today. Still cold temps. 14 below yesterday with a high of 8. Mostly sunny with late day clouds coming in. At 0600 its 11 below so far this morning. Suppose to get to the mid 20's today.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2016 07:27 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
-14 Ouch !! Yeah were supposed to get 5"-8" today & 1"-3" tonight.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2016 08:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, the weather report here, (and I know you all have been waiting anxiously) is....56 degrees and rain, ever since I got up, which was 5:30. Gotta work on that. Raining screams: STAY IN BED!

But, forecast is rain all day! All night, too. It does kind of dull the incentive to get out and get something done. Want to chicken coop until it stops. And, when you get right down to it, I have nothing of major importance that can't wait.

Maybe shopping will force me out of the house this afternoon? We have a drought in SoCal, you know? Every time it rains, the authorities remind us that it doesn't matter, we still need to conserve. And it doesn't matter, we still can't build impoundments to save the friggin' water! EnviroNAZI's are such jerks! All this damned water flushes straight into the ocean, wasted! Hello? We need to contain it when it rains. Green wienies are such idiots! Can't build a dam, 'cause the damned fish can't wiggle upstream; or something? Brainwashed! Strict party line policies.

Ever notice that? Liberals never ever break ranks! They are programed, nobody allowed a dissenting opinion. Because, if they do, their NAZI friends won't talk to them anymore. Overused words by Liberals: RACIST and NAZI and HITLER.

Good hunting. El Bee

I bet I can't get to the range if I wanted to? Have to cross Lydal creek and with this much rain, some people try it and stall. You know, it's an adventure; I can make it! But the water flows too fast and splashes, soaking electronics under the hood. Too friggin' bad! DUH!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2016 09:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
40's and cloudy rain has stopped for today snow tomorrow. Heading South in morning to annoy the children. Hope the snow is gone when I return so I can enjoy the mud sheesh!

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters