The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 31, 2023 09:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
To Tiny Tim and the rest of the Peanut Gallery!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2024 05:48 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Happy Happy.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2024 11:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I otter give you a time out for excessive use of emojis! But, you are so cute, I have to let it go....in the spirit of the Seasons, of course!

Good hunting. El Bee [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2024 11:55 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw ........... You're makin' me blush !!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2024 05:12 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope everyone has a great year to come and it only gets better as the days pass by.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2024 04:43 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to all for a better 2024.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2024 10:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting for Tiny Tim's reply before we close it out....prolly playing with his new hi tech toy?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2024 01:34 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I caught part of a blurb n the news about the Mini-Soda Accordion / Chili Cheese Dog Eating Contest being disrupted my a deranged adult male with an 'electronic device' blaring Polka Music. [Eek!]

Tim; Don't say ANYTHING without your lawyer being present and remember ...... The Court appointed Psychiatrist is NOT your friend.

Stay warm up there; That white stuff will kill you.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2024 03:21 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New year folks. You got me Leonard, I was playing with my new toys and my 22-250 ackley should be back from doctor soon.
Koko its Dec.3rd today and not a snowflake on the ground. (global warming) I'm Norwegian and Swedish so no polka music for me you know. For record hotdogs is not an American food. [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2024 10:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about that little factoid, Tim? I have heard it was introduced at the Chicago World's Fair and some Expo in NYC. It all depends on the word, there are very similar sausages in Germany, only longer and more pointed at both ends.

Now this is what I was told when I worked at Wilson Meat, who had plants all over the midwest, including Minnesota. edit: Albert Lea

A real wiener is made with a blend of beef, (chuck) pork and veal, which is impossible to get these days because of the Liberal Karen's.

Now, it's actually disgusting! They blend in chicken and/or turkey.

Now we get to Frankfurter, or Frank, for short. These are stressed as "ALL BEEF" because Jewish won't eat pork, neither will Muslim's for that matter. So, they are pretty much the same taste, and I usually buy all beef Oscar Meyer or Hebrew National just because I don't want any fucking chicken mixed into my fucking hotdog! But, again, you have a true wiener/hotdog which do not have fucking chicken in it! Then you have "all beef" which are usually called Franks, or Frankfurter.

Now a word about ingredients, now PAY ATTENTION! because I think there used to be a newspaper columnist name of Drew Pearson who wrote a huge EXPOSE' in which he told readers that, (by Federal regulations) hot dogs can contain everything from the cheapest OFFAL to HOG SNOUTS! In other words, garbage, and whatever they can find when they sweep the floor! It is all based on a misinterpretation of guidelines or regulations.

Anybody ever hear of Head Cheese which is a luncheon meat, cold cuts that actually used pig jowls. So, to avoid dictating government regulations on those processed foods, they wrote the standards as broadly as possible, but all that dickhead got out of it was that hotdogs have nothing but disgusting animal parts in the ingredients. This is not true, in the slightest!

Think about it like this, all wieners, just like bacon and ham, IS SMOKED and cured in large smokehouses and that recipe is so exact, there is no room for error, or you have a $50,000 batch rendered worthless and set out in dumpsters to be picked up for hog feed. I know for a fact that they use nothing but good pork and beef chuck and it's chilled and run through a vacuum mixer until it resembles a gray soup and then stuffed in casings then hung on racks and rolled into the smokehouse.

Wieners are "cooked" or processed, at a very low temperature, about 150* for between 16 and 18 hours. They keep these charts for years and can go back to exactly the batch, be it racks of bacon, or pressed hams or wieners. everybody has a slightly different process, with the addition of the smoke somewhere in the process, maybe 6 hours after the start, but it's all different based on the product, but whatever the product, it's precise and never varies.

Wilson made pressed hams, not whole shanks, at least in the plant I am familiar with. But you have to understand that cold cuts are, (per pound) some of the most expensive meat that you can buy and it's an exact science, the recipe never varies and it's a big secret, the spices are blended in a secure room and very few people know the exact content, spices.

With hams, you may have notices that they usually say somewhere, "water added". This is because they inject brine under pressure in all hams and bacon. Otherwise, it would dry out like leather. The wieners and polish sausages are stuffed in casings, sometimes intestine and other times, it's man made and with hotdogs, they are peeled under steam pressure with a slit from a razor blade to remove the casing before packaging.

I worked on the packaging machinery, in Wilson, Rath, Oscar Meyer and also the Abattoir Vernon Meatland. Actually, I worked in confectionary, drugs, dairy/ice cream, various juices, candy bars, diet pills, capsules, many different food processing machinery. Interesting and varied work, for the most part, but I din't like the cattle slaughtered, especially Kosher Kill; those Rabi's are brutal! And, they were "on the clock"!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 04, 2024, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2024 11:14 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
smoked sausage or beef sticks is fine but I hate hotdogs regardless of who makes them. Had hotdogs as a kid and they just don't make them like they used to. Most of the sausage, hotdogs, brauts here are made by those with German ancestry.

[ January 04, 2024, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2024 01:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me hungry for a good bowl of Haggis.

[Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2024 11:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a specialty market chain, but there aren't many that makes a friggin' WIENER that is a retro from beginning to end. First of all it's chubby, looks more like a hot link, if you know what they look like? They use a natural casing and for most people, including me, one hotdog makes a meal, you know, on a soft bun and some Germany mustard. It's just like a million years ago when you went to the meat counter and behind the glass there was a tray of wieners, still linked, and the clerk would cut off how many you asked for. This was in the days before vacuum packaging. I still can't get over fucking chicken hotdogs! How do they get away with it? The answer is: see, it's healthy! Everybody should watch their cholesterol and when they stuff poultry into a fucking hotdog, suddenly; IT'S HEALTH FOOD! Give me a break!

Anyway, rumor has it that there might be a couple obscure markets that carry these delicious "retro" hotdogs. I saw them somewhere, just can't remember, but it was an independent market, wasn't Trader Joes, I'm pretty sure although that's the only small independent market that I have been in, in quite a while. Has anybody been in an Aldo, or Alda, something like that? We used to have an honest to God German Deli right here in Upland but it closed about a year ago. I had a schnitzel there one time and it wasn't like we used to get in actual Germany.

That reminds me. You know that fast food chain called Der Wienerschnitzel? Practically everybody thinks a "Wiener schnitzel" is a damned hotdog! This is NOT TRUE! Listen to me! A WIENER SCHNITZEL is a deep fried Veal Cutlet! why is it that nobody knows this? Pass it on!

Good hunting. El Bee

ko ko, you literally have Haggis on the brain! It's revolting and disgusting!

edit: PS what people REALLY think is that Der Wienerschnitzel is a HotDog with sour kraut and sour kraut ain't good with anything. My mom used to make it in a big pot with short ribs and then serve it on with boiled potatoes. I mean, it's edible, but you wouldn't want a steady diet, more than once annually. edit: but the "good" thing is there are lots of leftovers. And eventually, even the dog won't eat it!

[ January 05, 2024, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2024 11:26 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well yeah, it's a trick question;
There's NO SUCH THING as a good bowl of Haggis.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2024 06:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard we have a meat market that makes hotdogs like you just described and their spice sticks look same as well just smaller in diameter all joined together with a knot in the casing. Made with a German recipe.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2024 04:33 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
anyone live in Sun city or close by?

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2024 07:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Which Sun City?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2024 12:54 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
in Az.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2024 07:35 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I have friends that live there. Interesting place designed for retirees.
Factoid; If a single retired man goes there he will be hunted down by lonely widows like coyotes chasing a jackrabbit. (No lie .... it's in the Homeowner's Assn. rules.)

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 07, 2024 11:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There are some things about Sun City that are semi endearing. Their Golf Carts are street licensed and they use them to get to Denny's for the 4:30 Special. It's kinda cute to see them filing in and selecting from the senior menu.

One thing about Sun City is that ALL the houses are identical, at least at first glance, you cant tell how many bedrooms each house might have. The front yard, in many cases, is a display of every cacti known to exist, and of course, the status symbol is a Sahuaro in the front yard. The back yards, are strange to a Californian, no fences, actually not much of anything and the wildlife roam, consisting of Gambles quail and jack rabbets, the quail roost on the roofs, and there may be a few scrounging coyotes, all night so keep Fifi indoors.

It's a 55+ community and the children that must unload these houses wish they could change the age requirements so far with out success. You can opt out of the association fees to the pool and clubhouse. I have an ex girlfriend that lives there and my female cousin lives there and they bump into each other occasionally. The patrols benefit the Snowbirds and everybody else. All winter, you will see many Alberta license plates. Apparently the natives are doing well, it's an oil province.

Sun City is surrounded by Peoria and Glendale, all on the west side of Phoenix. It's actually kind of charming, neat as a pin. I think I could live there quite well.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 07, 2024, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2024 01:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, Tim.
If you're looking for retirement digs a place called Top Of The World, Az. might be more to your liking.
Where Sun City West is practically uniformed Home Owners Assn. officials, Top Of The World is more, shall we say, rural. Plus it's higher altitude, ergo cooler in summer. Neat place to visit.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2024 03:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me break it to the Peanut Gallery.

Arizona possesses, I believe? eleven distinct climate zones from Sub Sahara to Tropical to Alpine.

If you can't find a climate in Arizona that suits you, you just aren't trying!

Except for the fact that about 25% of the state is Reservation, can't forget that little detail.

If you want to know Bosinski's lame reason/excuse for not already becoming a resident, it's because there are far too many options, dammit, I can't make up my mind! I would challenge any current resident to a game of, "I've been there" because I have quite literally been to every corner of Arizona, top to bottom and left to right and everything in between.

As I said about Sun City, Del Webb's enterprise west of Phoenix, really, I could be quite comfortable east or west or south or north or somee place in the middle. I have done plenty of scouting, I like all of it! I wish I could say, I simply can't stand this part but I have not found a section that I just didn't like.

All of this begs the question: What the fuck are you waiting for? Rigt now, it's a bit about age and being the Lone Ranger, it could be difficult to manage to physical move. I can afford it, no part, no area is beyond my resources.

I just probably need my ass kicked! And, get this, The People's Republik so severely limits my ability to buy the guns I need and desire, that's reason alone to get the fuck out of Dodge!

Hep me, I be fallin' and I cain't get out!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS ko ko's even offered to rent me a room at his spacious home and says he's okay with my Polka Band hosting on any day od the week except the Lord's Day.
PPS the Ivy plant that Cindy gave me has finally died. It had got so long, I trimmed it back and it never recovered. I'm usually pretty good with plants, but not this time.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2024 04:13 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Reason for asking is I have a friend that lives there. She is selling out her husband's rock collection if anyone interested in rocks.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2024 08:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometime this month is the big get together at Quartzite. It's a rock hound paradise.

I once shot a coyote standing on the US 95 overpass in the middle of Quartzite. Didn't wake anybody up, it was probably midnight? At the time there was a gas station and a Greasy Spoon and a desert miniature golf and that was it. I ain't kidding!

You should see it now! For eleven months all they have is a few fast food outlets and a couple truck stops. In January, it's like Brigadoon or what's that fairy tale about a sudden town that springs up like a Fairy Tale? I don't know, but Quartzite REALLY grows in January, people are camping in the desert for 5 miles in every direction. Kinda unbelievable, if you know what I mean?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2024 03:13 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Quartzite is totally cool in Jan. but it's glory has faded somewhat. From talking with the locals, micro-management by the town managers has driven a lot of the vendors away. At one time the place was a giant swap meet in Dec. / Jan. that would take a person about three days to visit all of the tables. Pretty much everything was there from stuff found out in the desert to solar panels. I was in one craft tent looking at furs and it turned out the owner was a fur buyer. Since I was heading home from vacation with a truck-load of stretched & dried coyote hides I took his offer and sold my fur right there.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters