The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Cantankerous Old Fart Bitches (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cantankerous Old Fart Bitches
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted March 22, 2024 07:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Something that has always irked me is "BORE SNAKES"!
It's like sectioned cleaning rods, which are for strictly amateurs. Full length one piece cleaning rods are the only way to go. Some are built like a fucking Swiss watch and priced accordingly. I have, I don't know for sure, about a dozen cleaning rods, various lengths. I actually have a 3 piece aluminum shotgun cleaning rod, so that don't count.

But, a Bore Snake? What the fuck is that good for? And yet, it seems to be a hot item? Go figure?

I bet Victor will jump in here and brag about how the only cleaning rod he uses on his 308 is a Bore Snake! That figures!

End of rant!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2024 08:35 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty close for a mild pass in sarcasm Leonard!
I use a flexible coated stainless steel cleaning rod. Rolls up nice and tidy into a small cordura pouch I can take anywhere and not worry about bending or breaking.
Screw on whatever attachment needed, brush or jag for a patch. Feed one end thru breach, pull thru form muzzle.
Never worry about scratching, bending rod,easy peasy. I have several high end one piece rods, just never fuck with anymore.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2024 08:57 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried one bore snake once which was enough. they have like a little dics. to scrape out the carbon I guess and then the brush. Dropped the string through the bore and got about halfway then the fucken string broke! Now what? Had to use a one-piece rod and tap it through to get the rest of string and brush out. Might be ok for pistols but not long barrel rifles. One-piece rods all I use and when I got a 3-piece rod with my AR I tossed that in the garbage.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5061 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2024 02:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First, TA gets it! I know, I know, I'm as surprised as anybody.

Second, I forgot about that springy coil up gadget Vic uses in his 308. But I meant the rope pull Bore Snakes. So Touché Amigo!

Good hunting. El Bee

Next my pet peeve where Gun Magazines are constantly reviewing UGLY foreign rifles! Weird contours and changing barrels, for whatever reason? Who the hell wants a rifle with 6 different chambers and bore sizes, and then most people will want totally different scopes for vastly different missions, But, no thought at all given to any traditional styling, these rifles are just bizarre looking and all the gun writers pump them up like they are being paid a big bonus/which they are, so is this honest reporting?

And then, $2,500, $3,500 when you can get a Ruger American for (what? $500?) And you will recognize it as a rifle, not a Star Wars Weapon. Is Bergara the name? Something like that?

And, with American Shyster Lawyers suing American firearm manufacturers into bankruptcy, I know it's difficult to find a new American rifle to review, and even so, they all cost at least $1,200.

And that reminds me of another bitch. I was at Lowe's a couple days ago, forget why but I passed by a display of Craftsman tools. Has inflation got so far out of hand that a crummy little 1/4" ratchet was listed at $35! According to that yardstick, I need to transfer my tools from the garage to the fucking gun safe! I couldn't believe the prices, 1/4, 3/8th and 1/2" ratchets! The prices are astronomical!

No fucking wonder that more and more tools are behind glas so that wetbacks can't steal them!

I'm otter here
Good hunting. El Bee

PS I bought a KaBar US Marine Corps fighting knife favored by that Maniac Brian Kohberger. from Walmart. It's a formidable weapon @ $100. I sure as hell didn't need it, I've already got more than I need.

[ March 22, 2024, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2024 04:20 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Craftsman stuff is made in chyna now too. Sad.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2024 04:34 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure of the Name maybe "Blazer" a rifle made in Europe. Interchangeable barrels and a straight pull Bolt. Wish they chambered in something I could use here that rifle is wicked fast for chambering a fresh round. Ruger I believe was going to come out with a clone to it and yes, it's going be pricey, but I want one.

As for Bergara is made in states but barrel made in South America I believe. It's a clone of the Rem. 700 and the one I have shoots small cloverleaf groups so what's not to like.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 22, 2024 06:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to like the price!

And, I heard that Bergara outfit is Spanish and they have made barrels for quite a few American brands. But, I don't know for sure?

I also saw an article about a Springfield rifle for $2,200 and I think they are made in Croatia?

I choose to blame run away inflation on BIDEN! Everything is sky high! At the grocery store, just about every dollar item is now two dollars! I never used to even look at prices, the first thing I throw away is all the ads in the mail, but I have to buy shit at the store and it has suddenly dawned on me that prices are going was up for no apparent reason?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I jus saw an ad for 410shotgun shells $100 a box! All shotgum shells are getting rediculous, and I don't hand load shotgun. I've got a fucking case of Dove loads (lead) that I'm afraid to use!

See that's a case of not nipping the bastards in the bud. I knew it when theu first outlawed lead in the Sespe range because the fucking condors were eating all this lead from hunters leaving bodies laying around and those birds are discriminating, to hell with rabbit flesh, no! Yummy! they eat the fucking lead BB's.

Well look at how Lead ammo has become a WEDGE ISSUE! Now, Tungsten and steel and Bismuth and mono copper. I'm telling you, next to CLIMATE CHANGE, LEAD POISONING is the latest big fucking lie! And, we don't fight back! Whay ever LIBERALS tell us, we fall in line, YES SIR, whatever you say! And it's all bogus data. It's exactly like GLOBAL WARMING, .03 degrees increase by the year 2100! And people have committed subside because there's nothing left to live for. Who was that retard that set himself on fire in front of (what was it?) the Supreme Court? Or some other Federal building?

We have TONS of Liberal whackos out there. Many young couples are choosing not to have children because of....CLIMATE CHANGE! These fucking Liberals will believe anything! If I didn't see it with my own two eyes, I wouldn't believe the PANIC caused by COVID 19!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 07:32 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Well i put the blame on elections as well as covid which was just another kick in the pants. Every dam election some fucks get scared and start a fucken buying spree which cause a short supply which in turn brings prices up and everyone is paying for the increase so they can get their stuff. So now the companies know there is no limit, so they just keep jacking the shit up in price. Best thing to do is stop buying and let the warehouses fill up and then the prices are going to drop or get back to normal.
Take those 2000.00 suppressors, many want one so they overpay for them and going to take years before the price drops to where it should be or then again never will.
When I bought both my thermals, I waited till the prices peaked and then when the demand for them dropped as well as the price then I jumped on it. And many guys now want to update to the next generation and asking the same price for their used one as I paid for new at lesser price.
Some guys just have to have that new upgrade so I'm just waiting them out and may pick up another for little or nothing. As I say drop the price or sit on it I don't care.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 07:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I read an article in Peterson's Hunting yesterday. I think it was a Clymer for between $6,800 and $8,000. Depending on options.
That's getting ridiculous. It was just a nice gun, very accurate, the article claimed? Well, hell! That's good enough for me and it will allow me to shoot bug holes so think about it? The price is a minor thing, but what about pride of ownership? Maybe if you left the price tag hanging from the trigger guard like, umm what the hell was her name? Minnie Pearl! I never watched the Grand Old Opre myself. It was real popular with the southern guys in the Army. There was a radio show called Hillbilly Reveille. Literally, blasting all over the Base, starting right at 6 A.M. It drove everybody else nuts! Anyway, that was down Memory Lane, for a minute.

But come on, I appreciate a Ferarri just like anybody but they cost as much as a freaking house. I can kill coyotes and Mule deer with a more modest rifle, I think?

Another thing; I am absolutely sick and tired of all the fucking CAMO rifles, these days! Do we really need our "weapon" to disappear for a game animal. They are so sharp eyed that you might give everything away if your stock was painted a solid color! Why take a chance? Having your rifle in Mossy Oak or whatever the patented color scheme, that's a confidence builder, for sure!

I'm done!
Good hunting.
El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 08:04 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Tim Suppressor prices have come down quite a bit in recent years you can get a good suppressor now for $500. When I bought mine several years ago it was over $1000. Prices have definitely gone nuts on guns though, I paid around $450 for my CZ 527 in .204 Ruger 8 or 9 years ago now you can’t find a CZ 527 for less than $1500. Crazy times

Good Hunting Chad

[ March 23, 2024, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 08:04 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Leonard barrels are made in Bergara Spain. During their barrel making process they polish inside of the barrel before they cut the rifle grooves, thus getting rid of any tool marks made when barrel dia. was drilled, they also have a tighter tolerance when checking barrel for straightness. I think all the rifles built also come threaded on the muzzle for either a muzzle brake or for a suppressor. Mine is threaded and came with a protective cap. Right from box the trigger pull is nice, and it comes with bolt release mounted on side of the action just like some of the custom actions built today. Mine also has the flush mounted quick release sling studs that are on the side of the stock so it's more comfortable to carry on long walks. (I like them)
The comb on stock is adjustable as well as the stock can be shimmed for length of pull. My gun also came with a removable mag. which can be a pain in ass I guess to load when you use more than 3 rounds as each shell is stacked in line but its also ok, feeds reliable, and same for extraction.
Comes with the Picconi scope base which is big plus as I can go from one thermal I have to the other and make a quick change and then just dial the numbers back into the thermal for that rifle. Both scopes have a 3-gun memory. My set up is little heavy but I don't carry it far and it rests nice in a tripod. Bergara makes a lighter hunting version, but I have not seen one yet.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 08:15 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Chad agree prices have come down on some from what friend told me so I have it on the backburner for now. Scheels all sports handles all the paperwork now for them here and last I heard some of paperwork came back in two month's. Yes gun prices today are nuts. I paid just little over 800 for the Bergara and think they are selling now for 1k.
Funny thing WT came down on prices with same sounds they had 20 some years ago that still call coyotes and now Fox pro has gone way up on their new caller X-24 and MFK sounds. think they cost around 800 bucks now. And nothing changed with them you still have to send some of them back after you get one. LOL They are doing well on keeping up with that reputation!.

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 09:03 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
They all cost about the same simple internet search will tell you that.

Foxpro X24 with any 100 sounds $549.99

Lucky Duck Roughneck with 143 sounds $549.99

WT Mighty Atom Laut with 126 sounds $589.00

https://allpredatorcalls.com/

Wildlifetech.com

Good Hunting Chad

[ March 23, 2024, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 11:12 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
correction 625.00 and 615.00 X-24 & 1052. But did see it listed at 800.00 on MFK site or similar. Wasn't shopping for any but one was pictured with a price tag so that's what I went by.

P.S. I think if you get it from MFK with their sounds the prices goes up on the x24.

[ March 23, 2024, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 12:15 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I Just looked on the MFK website. Looks to be a good deal on there X-24 callers. $615.99 and that includes 100 premium MFK sounds along with 200 regular Foxpro sounds. With a maximum of 1000 sound capacity. So you could pirate all of the WT sounds and all the Lucky Duck sounds and still have room to spare.lol 😜

[ March 23, 2024, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 02:02 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Buying a F-P is never a good deal. [Razz] As for sounds I'm good, maybe in another 25 years someone will come up with some to replace WT sounds. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 02:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
MFK is what? Come on guys, let's quit speaking in code!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 03:24 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what MFK stands for but is name of company, I guess. They started business with the diagram mouth calls and now recorded coyote vocals. Might have even been a member here at one time but was bit sensitive so he left.

--------------------

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 03:38 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
The wt sound bullschit nonsense again.

Studio grade this and studio grade that. More freaking bullschit just like the lunatic bill martz always spouted.

He got mad when he was asked why a sound like a fire siren or a blade of grass would get a coyote to respond when it wasn't one of his "studio grade" secret sounds. The usual response was to attack the messenger, just like a democRAT does today after they get caught in another lie.

He really flipped out when he was asked why wt switched to TOA speakers instead of the "fancy" speaker system they previously used. Before the big wt speaker switch, any caller with a horn speaker was trash according to the studio grade buffoon.

So, to put it politely, stop the bullschit.

[ March 23, 2024, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: MI VHNTR ]

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 04:21 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
The owner of MFK is named Tory Cook. And Tim is right he started out making diaphragm howlers. They are really good sounding calls. Then he changed the name of his calls from TC calls to MFK(Made For Killing). And then a number of years later he partnered with Foxpro with there own line of sounds. They are based in Arkansas I believe.

Good Hunting Chad

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 04:40 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said before, they are all good callers, and I’ve used all three of them, and if you really think that one caller will call more coyotes or call more educated coyotes better than another with all other things being equal you’re dilutional.

Good Hunting Chad

[ March 23, 2024, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 04:42 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He really flipped out when he was asked why wt switched to TOA speakers instead of the "fancy" speaker system they previously used. Before the big wt speaker switch, any caller with a horn speaker was trash according to the studio grade buffoon.
Yep compared to TOA. Bill started with TOA and then added a fancy horn speaker then stayed with TOA and Bill was right, TOA much better. Did Bill hurt your little feelings? LOL

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 05:02 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
But Chad they not equal that's the point. What good is a caller if it can't reach out there and bring them in. L.D. can't! I see it every night when I go calling, WT brings them in from farther away. You had the horn speaker caller, it's not the same as a TOA and wasn't meant to be. If it wasn't for L.D. and his vocals and now F-P with MFK you would still have nothing but rabbit sounds. LOL And I'll tell you flat out neither one invented new vocals, they all right there on the WT. Coyote only speaks so many words. LOL MFK sounds are tame coyotes and L.D. penned coyotes the sounds similar but not the same as a wild ass coyote. Tame coyotes have no fear in their vocals, penned coyote show too much fear or just forced to create a howl not normal but yes both will call some coyotes. My nephew has a F-P(non-MFK sounds) and he struggled with it here till he updated to a lucky duck, not everyone has coyotes that get in line then run in to rabbit screams, don't happen in real world and if all a guy is using is rabbit screams, then he just skimming in most cases. Fine if it makes them happy.
Many ask why Bill never went the F-P route and come out with a fancy remote and such. Waste of money is why. How much money does F-P lose every time they have a caller sent back in? How much money do they lose when they have to go find a different supplier of parts for their E-callers or even go so far as having to change some of the parts and then redo the inside of the caller, sound boards, chips you name it. Minaska tried the game and lost they couldn't keep up or afford all the changes that went on as far as parts, fixing callers and then ship back out. You think they all the same then go ahead and keep thinking that don't matter to me.

Edit to add. I have two WT TOA callers, small TOA and big TOA, they don't sound the same and one don't put sound out as far as I like it to travel. If guy is calling in small, wooded areas and can get close to the coyotes the smaller TOA works for that and a guy can save a few pennies if he into that as well.

[ March 23, 2024, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 05:51 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim you make it sound like you are an authority on all this shit. Better Coyote men than you have done quite well both with numbers and with educated hard to call coyotes using the other brands and like I said earlier, to say you call more Coyotes because you use caller A rather than B or C is dillutional. All I ever hear from you Is I this and I that and so it must be so. It’s BULLSHIT plain and simple.
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2024 06:15 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
two different E-callers and two different results. Just keep doing what you do, no matter here.

You never saw any changes or different results because you never looked, what happens when suffer from brain lock. Yeah, guys like Cal and Scott just resorted to a plane to fix their problem coyotes. Also guys quick to pull the trigger learn nothing other than, yep coyotes dead but why did it come alone. Never gonna find out.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters