The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Fine California Product

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fine California Product
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 07:36 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I was cleaning out the garage a bit yesterday and came across this fine California produced product.

-

-

Is it even legal for California to produce anything in a bottle nowadays? This stuff will help you win contests and stack them up I'm sure.

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 07:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
They're still in business. Dog training stuff now. Animal companion stuff if sold in Calif.

I think that dogs have voting rights in Calif???? [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 08:21 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
The price on the cans was $1.48 too, good deal. Also dug out some old Ben Pearson and Howard Hill bows too. It's like a museum in the garage, you never know what you'll find.
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 08:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
What model bows do you have??????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 08:46 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
The one Pearson is a Palomino and the Howard Hill is actually a recurve model, I think it's the Antelope. There are a bunch of old compounds around too, including the original Allen Compound and a bunch of old Jenning's.
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 11:06 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to get my hands on an old Cougar in good shape.....
Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 11:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there's a restaurant up in Battle Mountain(?) that has a set of Texas Longhorn horns on the wall with an arrow stuck in the middle of the boss, fired by Howard Hill from across the room. I don't know, could be Carlin, maybe Winnemucca and it was a long time ago?

Good hunting. LB

edit: by the way, I have used National Scents for years. Good product.

[ March 01, 2011, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 11:56 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I use that stuff like Binaca before every hand calling sequence. Win/win!
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 02:29 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an interesting San Clemente Island goat with a Zwickey stuck in the horn. Obviously the next shot killed the stunned bugger.

-
 -

knockemdown,
You should get the scented suppository model, then you can blow it out both ends and bring em' in. [Smile]

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 02:59 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to get my hands on an old Cougar in good shape.....

i'd like to get my hands on a Young cougar in good shape [Razz]

[ March 01, 2011, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 03:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Tundra;
Did you take that goat off of San Clemente??? As far as I know, there were only a few bowhunts to that Island & I was lucky enought to get on one of them. We may have hunted together???

--------------------

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 05:32 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Bear, me too, but who is greedy?

Them Pearson bows is fun, too......

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 06:20 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko,
It wasn't me, but my late Father in Law. He hunted San. Clemente, Santa Cruz, and Catalina Island in the late 60's and early 70's. They killed a ton of goats over there in their hunting parties. He used to kill a bunch of deer up in the hills near that big fancy HollyWood sign for the rich people too so they wouldn't eat their landscape. He had some simply amazing hunting stories, I wish I would've written more of them down. There are miles of old tapes here of the hunts on the islands that I need to get onto DVD somehow. He was also in one of the very early California Predator Hunter chapters (Pasadena) I believe.

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 07:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Got any pictures of him?? Our paths likely crossed on at least one of those islands. [Cool]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 07:29 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko,
Send me an email at snowcamoman@gmail.com and I'll send you some photos. He was on the islands all the time hunting, so probably ran into you at some point over there I'd wager. [Smile]

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 06:57 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
On it's way.

--------------------

ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 01:16 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Wookie, right now Tim is sitting in a state of shock. He just realized that stuff isn't breath freshener. [Wink]
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 03:30 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really URNUTS21.. I don't use cover scents let alone buy the stuff.. Its just animal piss in a bottle.. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 05:22 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
" Its just animal piss in a bottle.. "

Yeah, urnuts.

So there!

Really?

Whatever...

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 05:39 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
That old can looks collectible. It's kinda like something my father had lying around the garage when I was a kid.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 05:40 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
He don't need no Stinkin' cover scent....He's got a bucket and a hot-rod truck. [Smile]
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 08:37 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
When you're as full of shit as Tim is... coyote piss IS a breath freshener.

Lord, pygmies... blah, blah, blah.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters