The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Rich's misting article in PX (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Rich's misting article in PX
canine
Knows what it's all about
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2007 02:42 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you guy's mean!! The smell of a trapper [Big Grin]

Either of you ever use "ghusto" It's been a few years but I think it was made by Cavens lures. That and Russ Carmans canine call were my two favorite call lures. Ghusto, believe it or not was actually louder.

I remember when I was just a little twirp, just starting out fox calling, I put pure skunk essence on a cotton ball attatched to my hat [Confused] That cover scent tactic lasted twice I think. [Roll Eyes]

JD

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,

I had the motor go out on an upright freezer a few years back. I had it full of Beaver, muskrats and coons. Not to mention a huge collection of glands to make lure with.

Everything came out as one big thick liquid black goop full of hair.

I don't know when the motor broke, but I think it was late August when I broke the seal on the door.

It was mid winter before it got cold enough that you could go into the fur shed with out having to hold your breath.

Have you ever tried Mega Musk in a dirthole?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2007 06:24 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, had a whole chest freezer full of carcass coon,keeping them to next year, somehow the plug got knocked out of the outlet,in july, three little boys playing in there, and like you when I found it I had a half full chest freezer, half full of rotten coon gumbo. Almost barfed cleanin that out. Nothing like that smell!!! Like it settled in my nose for days.

Know what ya mean man!!!!!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2007 08:09 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
For the cost of a used freezer anymore, that's a good reason to just haul it off. LOL FYI, they sell freezer alarms now in taxidermy supply catalogs in case anyone worries about this sort of thing. I check my freezers every other day just to make sure. It'd be one thing to lose my own hides. Something else entirely to lose all my customer's capes and have to pay out of pocket to buy new ones. [Eek!]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bearmanric
Knows what it's all about
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 11:34 PM      Profile for bearmanric   Email bearmanric         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm going to give the misting a try next wed when bear open's. just want to see if it work'sd or not.going to call alot.i got to spray bottle's tonight. i'm going to to try bear in heat,elk,blacktailed deer, cougarand coyote and try some yellow skunk stuff i got in Caldwell idaho were i took sly's coyote's the place that make's the horny call's. it will help i dont smoke now too. i got real inpressed last year calling in Arizona san carlos. i was calling cougar called several coyote's they would smell me and act curios. one even got up on two leg's. yes i just watched mr. Higgins video. thank you Rich. Rick
Posts: 78 | From: Tenino Wash. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2007 06:05 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rick, do you have a lot of succes calling bears in? I know you have been calling them for some time so it must pay off but how often do you get a call in?
IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters