The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Foxpro makes another great idea a reality! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Foxpro makes another great idea a reality!
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 12:35 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
$85!!, does that come with a tube of FOX LUBE!!!! [Eek!]

The snake oil sellers of the old west would be proud!!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 12:48 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky jack I don't know what FP is worth but am glad to see an american company leading the calling industry. Hard times they keep people employed making good product for all americans.

Randy R no lube that I know of is needed to make fox bang work. I'm hoping it is done to bring to chamberlain to mess with!!!!

Some things are bells and whistles, but other things I feel has good merit and can add critters, this is one I feel will add critters. I feel as well as some others who don't even use a FP caller that this has real merit the quicker one can have that sound play after the first coyote is shot the better for the 2nd or third and more accurate one will be without having to do added movement and better tracking of the coyote.

Besides I would say one can spend the 85.00 on fox bang or pay 10.00 per sound thru another call maker with a 60.00 min order [Roll Eyes]

So I pay 2.00 or less per sound so saving 8.00 per sound equates to the ability to afford fox bang.

I mean really a differance between 3 week, 8 week or 10 week old coyote pups at 10.00 per sound? do they come with a bottle of 12 week old lube?

Gotta give ya hard time randy.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 01:51 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
(Chuckle [Smile] chuckle) When I bought my FoxPro 416 w/remote one of the selling points for me was that for an extra $50.00 I could buy a gizmo that let me program my favorite sounds into the unit off of my tape collection. I had faith in my 'proven' sounds......all of those new noises that came with the unit I wasn't so sure about. I don't know if you guys with the new & improved units have that option, but I can change sounds while sitting on my tailgate if I want to. Handy. Even handier was programing one of my often used sounds at three different volume levels. I can start off at low volume, give it a few minutes and jump to the next channel; same sound, just louder. If the wind comes up, I can go up one more channel to the 'stun' setting with the same sound. Toward the end of the stand, I can downshift thru the channels to lower volume. Works for me / your mileage may vary.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7654 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 02:41 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Even handier was programing one of my often used sounds at three different volume levels."
----------------------------------
Wow Koko, THAT really sounds handy! Back here in the world of Grandpa's, we just turn the volume up or down on our remote control. Bwwaaa-Haa haah. Andy is about to shut this thread down I think.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 03:01 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
the old 416 won't play 24 bit, can't hold 500 sounds to begin with, doesn;t have near the volume or the newer calls. The new tx 500 remote allows you different ramp settings for volume, meaning each push up or down can change it by various numbers.

I like the new remote far better than the older style FP remotes, plus I love the timer on it, very handy to know how long you have been there and when the coyotes come in.

No different than computers many advanacements, then at some point things will slow down, no doubt about it. I look for those things that offer real advantages and the fox bang seems like a winner to me. Time will tell.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 03:49 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich;
Yeah, the volume can be changed that way but it just seems easier to jump channels to pre-recorded volume levels. Not to worry about Andy shutting down the thread; as long as it contains the word FoxPro. He's still trying for his sponser's patch. [Big Grin]

CoyoteDude;
No doubt that the newer units have all kind of neat features. The problem for me is that I tend to find the simplest thing that works for me and then stick with it. I'm still shooting Zwickey broadheads on 2213s and wearing woodlands camo with a treebark vest. It's worked well in the past, so no reason to change. [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7654 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 03, 2010 05:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! Treebark? Seriously?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31589 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 05:21 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
yep I shot cedar and then made the switch to alum arrows back in the mid 80's and 2 years ago the carbon and you know what? each has been an improvement in performance for me. Zwickeys, me and my dad used the glue ons on our cedar shafts then we made the switch to bears with threaded shank and thought we had the world by the nuts, until razorbacks came along LOL. I have shot muzzys for 12+ years and see no reason to switch.

Each to his own but simple means different things for different levels and age groups, my kids do alot of "simple" things on the computer that I don't find so simple, but when they get in their 30's simple will be the latest and greatest technology of the times. All relative.

I'm a kings camo fan and before that 15+ years in predator camo as I lived close to the guy that invented it in SGT Bluff, IA got really good deals some free stuff back then.

I rmember the first tree bark I ever wore my mom bought the fabric and sewed me up some nice pants and a shirt LOL. Went to the army outlet in WI and purchased some traps and some genuine tree bark in a camp shirt, OH BOY!

[ August 03, 2010, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 05:24 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko,

If you could see the just like new tree bark camo suit I bought on E Bay, you would turn green with envy. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted August 03, 2010 09:44 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone say TREEBARK!!! Love the stuff!
IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2010 08:21 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, TreeBark's good stuff, but Rich should see the really neat TigerStripe jacket that I got in a thrift shop a few years back. [Big Grin]

--------------------

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2010 07:21 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok received caller back with foxbang. The draw back is that I thought you could get it to come on after the mute button was pushed, you can't!

So if your calling and have a pair of coyotes comming you need to volume down the sound you are using to 0 on the remote.

My calling style is to see the appraoching coyotes and stop them or make them work by pausing the sounds, if you hit mute/pause then it won't come on, not the way I thought this would work the remote must be active for foxbang to work, I talked with a Mike at FP and I'm hopefull the enginnering staff can get this to work in the manner I think would be more effective for many callers.

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2010 08:00 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
This might not work, in other words it might be a stupid idea, but... I'm wondering, if you could just create a preset at 0 volume and hit that preset instead of mute, to accomplish the same thing. Then the unit would still be in preset mode, not mute mode, and Foxbang would work as you had hoped? Hitting a preset button is easier than mute anyway, for me?

I haven't played with it at all yet, myself, so excuse me if I'm just totally off in the weeds here.

I agree with your thinking on the feature either way though, would be more useful if it just worked whether in mute or not. I'm sure they'll do what they can on that, Foxpro is a great company in that regard - they DO listen and DO try to improve and add stuff based on customer feedback all the time. But knowing a little bit about how such things work (on the programming side), I think it might be pretty hard to do without re-programming a bunch of other, seemingly unrelated stuff. That mute mode apparently applies across everything, changing a primary property like that touches everything, which often makes it harder to do than it might seem. The guys that do that kind of stuff at my work talk about it like putting your finger in a dike to stop a leak in one spot, but then five other leaks that weren't there before spring up in five other places.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2010 08:14 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
DAA - that should work. I have tried it with a coaxer preset real soft and at the shot it will change to your number one preset and sound level.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2010 08:17 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
That is how I set mine up, with Preset 0 on silence. It works fine that way.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters