The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Night forum   » Scanning light vs. shooting light (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Scanning light vs. shooting light
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2011 02:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As long as we are speculating. Is it more likely to be a gray fox? I have the impression that reds won't come to a place where they suspect there are coyotes. But, as long as there is a tree to climb, a gray might
I agree Leonard it could be a grey doing the barking.. As for red fox here we have been finding them in the same 1x1 sections as coyotes and at times even finding both of them shareing the same corn stubble or small wood lot..

A few years back JRB mentioned of a stand he made that had a red fox respond to coyote vocals, I thought maybe he was just seeing things till I saw the same happen when calling with my WT and also useing coyote vocals.. I had a few reds come in last season on daytime as well as nite time stands... Same thing happened 3 nites ago when I got a coyote and redfox on the same stand...

[ February 12, 2011, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2011 06:06 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
.....is that when we attend club meeting, we don't look like we just parked the tractor out front. Nor, do we wear camo unless we are engaged in the pursuit of game. It's a defensive technique developed after years thus engaged.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Truth is Leonard, if it hadn't been so cold that weekend there probably would have been a tractor parked out front! There actually were quite a few big wheeled diesel rigs covered in mud in the parking lot!
In Oklahoma you look out of place if you don't wear camo... even to church! [Razz]

IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters