The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Anyone sell any hides?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone sell any hides?
Aaron Rhoades
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2016 06:26 AM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
What were you guys getting for prices?
Posts: 155 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2016 07:18 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I sold 56 coyotes, in the round, this season. I might have an over all average of $35 this year with $10 being my low and $45 was my high, most falling into the $35 range.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2016 08:08 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah around $30 average here.
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2016 08:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I could be mistaken, but when enquiring from hunters all the way to Canada and Alaska, that sell in the round, that $30-$50 is pretty consistant, year in year out, on coyotes, depending on location.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2016 09:34 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent all my best ones to NAFA but I was too last for the Feb. sale. So I'll just have to wait and see what happens at the April sale.

I was high grading, only skinning the nicest ones, so if prices hold up from Feb. I should see somewhere between $60 - $70 average from what I've seen and heard. I hope...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2016 09:57 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
South Eastern Arizona coyotes. Skinned / stretched.
Shipped to Groenwauld Fur & Wool Co.
High of $50
Low of $6
$23.50 average.

Edit 4 speling.

[ March 28, 2016, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2016 03:08 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Klammath OTC sale was last weekend and the coyote average in the country has dumped to $25 avg.
Not sure what the April NAFA will do.
If you sold early this hunting season you did well waiting will cost you now.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2016 04:49 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sold to Kan/Okla fur co.
All in the round.
coyotes average 12.00
cats average 45.00
Sold my best cat this year for 80.00, 2 years ago had one just like it bring 325.00. The guy I sell to said that coons were bring 1 dollar, haven't seen it this bad in along time. I remember back in the middle 70's when possum were bring 5 dollars now they won't even buy them. Hate to say it but we sure need the Russians to get back in the fur market.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2016 11:55 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am not a high volume seller, but the fur buyer is my bank customer. What coyotes we sold this year were in the round and brought $15.

Eddie was about right where my guy was with cats.

[ March 29, 2016, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2016 06:20 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of the 57 I killed, I sold six on the cob and averaged $15 each to Petska. Two weeks later, I had fourteen on stretchers, washed, sewn, blown dry and hurried them along after reading his online comments that the market was stumbling. I sent those fourteen finished along with two we'd just killed in the round. He refused the two carcasses and gave me $420 for the fourteen, a $30 average. At that point, Canada looked to be paying in the 50-60 range for ours. After the sale in early Feb, that price dropped to $18 so mine would have brought maybe ten, tops. I was glad to have played the market and timed it right. We have three cats, heard the market tanked, so I peeled them with the skinner, tagged them, and vacuum sealed them for better days ahead.

With Greece, Russia, and Korea all having money problems, I don't see the markets rebounding for another year or two. I've even heard the bigger buyers use the phrase, "....if it recovers overseas,". I can't imagine this being permanent. Never has been before. Skin them, stretch them, save them, I guess.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2016 03:59 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
China is having major problems with their economy now. Not looking for the markets to rebound for 5 years or more. The only thing driving the coyote market this season was the trim market for Canadian Goose. How many coyotes do they need each year? I see a short shallow market for coyotes.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2016 07:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Predicting the future is risky, but the one thing we can count on is cycles. Wherever it is, things will change. Kinda like GLOBAL WARMING. lol

But, a fur buyer actually refusing a couple carcasses in the round, that's interesting. Personally, I'd never give the asshole another chance. Just for PR, he should have taken them off your hands. Personal opinion.

I don't know, don't keep up with the fur market. I've seen the glory days. Still, if you are doing this stuff for monetary rewards, McDonald's might pay better? It's even hard to justify handloading, versus buying a box of factory cartridges, if all consideration is $.

There has to be some enjoyment, or we'd all be plucking chickens for Tyson.

End of rant.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2016 08:05 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
The fur buyers only wanted the best of the best. Late coyotes are breaking and wooley looking usually. They didn't want overly shot, dogged coyotes this season.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2016 08:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you're probably right. But, you don't need a prime northern pale for trim on a parka.

I'd love to see a politically incorrect resurgence in fashionable fur. I thought it was great, the coat that Joe Namath wore for the coin flip at the SuperBowl.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters