The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I'm in the mood for rant against the system (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I'm in the mood for rant against the system
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2024 08:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know as much as I do, KO ko. And, it's still going on with that "high speed" train to "San Francisco" that even in planning stopped almost a hundred miles from the Bay area. I can't figure out what they are intending to do? They have spent Billiosn$ buying up land and so far as I know, not a foot of track has been laid. And, it's all prime agricultural land, the most fertile farming land in the world, BTW. And, Pelosi diverted Vally water flushing it out to sea under the Golden Gate....to save the DELTA fucking minnows! For years, they have been cutting up dead groves for firewood because those farmers can't get irrigation.

It's the same everywhere in California, we have extensive flood control channels, including the Loa Angeles river and the Rio Hondo. All that rainwater goes down chutes straight into the ocean-wasted! We have zero impoundments for replenishing ground water. It's just crazy and nobody is willing to address the situation! Phoenix gets all the water they want, Vegas gets no Colorado river water so they are pumping it from northern Nevada.

I think it's called the All American canal that runs along the border, suplying to San Diego. It has a sand bottom and it acts like a giant impoundment, and the Imperial Valley agriculture. and Mexico has pumps stealing American water, for years. They know that we know they are doing it. They freely admit that they are stealing American water! The movie, Chinatown is all about Mulholland's efforts to supply water from the Sierra's to Los Angeles. It's such a mess! The Metropolitan Water District has been stealing eastern Sierra water for a hundred years from the Owens river and for the last 20 years they have been allowing a trickle of water back into Owens lake which is still a dry lakebed but at least they can claim that they are trying to restore the lake.

Water in the western US is ultra complicated. When you think about the Sierra snowpack every year, over 600 inches and when it melts, Los Angeles gets the water and the eastern Sierra and Owens Valley is desert instead. When the Colorado River gets to the gulf of California, or also called the Sea of Cortez, you can step across it, there is a whole series of dams from Hoover dam to Davis dam and others I don't know the names of? Arizona hogs most of the water past Lake Mead, the level is down over 20 feet. And all the Rocky Mountain states are draining the Oglala Aquifer to historic lows, but who cares?

End rant!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ April 28, 2024, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31510 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2024 12:39 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard they probably dumping water into the ocean for a reason. It's not drinkable comes to mind!

All the farm fields here are tiled for drainage of excess surface water and channeled back into creeks, rivers and few lakes or wetlands. Most of it goes to the big river and then goes south to Louisiana to gulf. Our drinking water comes from underground wells about 100 feet deep or more.
Lot of nutrients in surface water which is good for the fish or other water type critters but not worth a crap as far as drinking, too many chemicals in it that need to be diluted or evaporated over time.
To my understanding most of the western rivers have a rocky bottom or cut through rock. Rocks is what filters the water to a certain point and takes about a good mile of rock to filter water just from one area but on same note if you have many areas where water is dumped into a bigger channel then more miles of rock is needed, and you may not have that everywhere thus bad water.
We also don't have those rocky channels here, so we get rid of what water that don't filter back into the ground.
The lakes in southern Minn. are very dirty looking and most of them you be lucky if you can see the bottom past 5-6 feet of water. Farther up north less agg. land and the lakes are much clearer to where you can see the bottom in 20 foot depths. So which lake would of want to drink from northern or southern?

Also, our underground water table runs pretty shallow so it's not going to be the best water there either. It may be the same case out where you live. The water table here also goes up and down alot. I'll be removing gravel from one area and be digging down 75 feet before I hit water but then go down the road 15 miles and only be digging down 6-10 feet and then hit the water table.
Some areas also our underground water has a lot of iron in it to the point you have to have some sort of filter system installed in your home as well as a water softener.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5103 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2024 06:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Afraid that's not how it works, Tim. In theory, rainwater should be collected at impounds and allowed to percolate down and replenish the groundwater, and when filtered by the elements, pumped to the surface and stored in tanks.

I mentioned the Oglala aquifer situated mainly under Colorado and Kansas and it has been tapped for many years with the level being hundreds of feet below the surface. I don't know the actual numbers, but it is seriously depleted due to droughts and virtually sucking it dry, with no plan to replenish it. Same thing, they need impounds to collect rainwater and snowmelt and allowing it to replenish at a sustainable level.

I really don't know the answer, but somewhere, the government needs to kick ass and take names! This is solvable, but nobody is doing anything about it. It's as stupid as ignoring the fact that Mexico is stealing American water along the border, and everybody just shrugs and does nothing about it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2024 02:27 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
How deep is your bed rock Leonard? Can't filter down or store rainwater if it has no place to go.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 08:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's deep but I don't know HOW deep? It varies, and it's like a sponge and there can be a lot depending on how far down is the bedrock. It's called "aquifer". That's all I know?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 08:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 09:48 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Your drinking water comes from Great plains? I see they are blaming the center pivots for loss of water. Reason being the underground water can't keep up with use is due to how long it takes for water to filter back into the ground, out take greater than intake. Water needs to be forced back into the ground or it travel with lease resistance. Lakes and dams come to mind. Pierre S.D. has a dam for its area and north and water level raised but keep in mind the banks of river/lake are up 100 feet or more from surface of water. Thats alot of dirt the water has to filter back down through.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 10:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gezzus, Tim! I didn't fucking say that! We happen to be on the western side of (not only) The Rocky Mountains, but also on the western side of the Sierra's!

Our fucking drinking water comes from the eastern Sierra vi the Owen's river and aqueduct....and the Colorado River. We don't pump a hell of a lot of groundwater here; and that's a problem. We need to replenish our OWN aquifers by creating impoundments.

I know it's a bit complicated, so if you are having trouble grasping it, ignore it and just watch the news on CNN.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 12:16 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
It's too bad that the corrupt DC politicians control the people when our Constitution was designed for us citizens to control the government.  With 70 percent of the population being against the Ukraine war, we could have solved this water problem with the 61 billion they have received; plus, Congress would have no reason to give the Ukrainians another 60 billion in the latest funding bill. WAKE UP EVERYONE!  The military industrial complex controls tHE POTUS and Congress.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1930 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 01:37 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Just reading what you posted (link) so I assumed this is Ogallala_Aquifer you complaining about.

Hell pay the shipping I'll Fed-ex you all kinds of water. Stop wasting it. (hint)

Yeah, I read the news today. Colorado banned sundresses for this summer due to too many chicks with Dicks. [Eek!]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 01:45 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm against war but I'm rooting for the Ukraines. Also, glad we could be of some help.
Ukraine's tough little bastards fighting with minimum equipment and kicking ass. They have my respect.
U.S. and Russia have state of the art war equipment and Ukraine is showing the world how little they can get by with.

U.S. uses a F-16 worth few million dollars and Ukraine's are using 200.00 drones. Isn't that something.

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 01:53 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Both Country’s are Corrupt, and undemocratic . We shouldn’t give Ukraine another dime. Why in gods name are we supporting Ukraines border and completely neglecting our own. It’s a total joke and Tim I promise you they aren’t as tough as you think. If we shut the money faucet off the war would be over tomorrow as it should be.
Posts: 1637 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 02:12 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Both Country’s are Corrupt
You right but so is ours.

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 02:22 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep so stop sending tax payer dollars over there so the bureaucrats in Washington can line there pockets with our money.
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 02:47 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
All my taxpayer money goes to the DNR and have no control over where yours's goes.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 02:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, lots to cover! While on the one hand, I know, as well as most sane people that somebody in Ukraine is funding a nice little retirement.

But, Russia is Russia and they continue to invade neighbors. Ask any of the Baltic states if they are nervous about Russian intensions once they invade and subjugate Ukraine. Russia has their people convinced that they are always being invaded so it's OK to respond similarly. the problem is that The Soviet Union/Russian Federation invades whatever they can get away with. Not long ago, it was Georgia.

So, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania AND POLAND spend every spare dollar on defense. They have every reason to worry, for no other reason than they share a border with Russia and this makes it convenient to roll tanks and their Little Green Men across because those neighbor folks are NAZIS!

What I'm getting at is; okay, who cares about Ukraine, let the Russians have it. That's kind of a fucked up attitude and it's short-sighted. It doesn't matter, Stalin, Kruchev or Putin, they are always paranoid, and always accuse others of exactly what they do. Sounds like Liberals/Democrats?

After all, the entire fucking Second World War started because Germany invaded Poland and look at the shit storm that developed into.

I predict that, number 1, Poland has a lot of practical policies and they haven't admitted ANY Muslim refugees. Number 2, every other European country has been over run with Muslim "Refugees" both France and England have over 40% Muslim population and occasional beheadings. Sweden is just behind, so is Denmark, and these emigrants have no skills and do not work, maybe they claim to be students?

So forget the NATO alliance. They cheat on preparedness, maybe not Netherlands, but most of them do not pay their fair share on defense. They EXPECT the US to protect them.

Well, if we don't protect Ukraine and they get conquered, next we may very well be expected to protect the rest of Europe and what if we don't?

No harm done, let Russia take over all of Europe, right? Those countries will hardly lift a finger to defend theirselves so we cannot expect them to protect Ukraine, or Poland, or Estonia, or Latvia, or Lithuania or Finland, or Sweden, etceteras.
edit: I have heard that the Military aged Immigrants in Sweden claim that those luscious blonde babes are just asking for rape, and a very high percentage are getting exactly what they ask for, raped because their hair is uncovered. The rape percentage in Sweden is extremely high! w/low apprehension percentages!

It's hard to finally make a stand after caving in in a Domino effect. I think the braintrust thinks it's easier to draw a line in the sand; stand up for people that are willing to fight for themselves.

Seems more worthwhile than Iraq or Afghanistan.

I don't fucking know? I have been thinking for a while now that we should have been encouraging Ukraine to settle with Russia. Let them have the DOMBASS? and Crimea. There I just solved it for ya!

Good hunting. El Bee But not another inch!

[ April 30, 2024, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 02:58 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
you nailed it, Leonard. Now what you gonna do about Mexico?

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 03:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Blow up their pumps

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2024 03:30 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothings going to change until we get that idiot Biden out of the White House. Even then I don’t know that it’s too late to turn it around.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2024 09:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care if it's "too late" it must be done!

Just the idea of a ghost squad running the government while fucking Biden has the sole responsibility of posing for PHOTO OPS eating a fucking ice cream cone, is beyond insane! Biden's brain has turned to mush so quickly that it's scary.

Partly because I'm older than Biden and that asshole gives seniors a bad name! I realize it could happen to any one. Unfortunately. When my mother died on the operating table during by pass surgery, her mind was sharp as a tack! It was a form of medical malpractice, but you are wasting your time suing when the dead person is a senior, they figure they already have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel!

What has my concern right now is the fucking FIFTH COLLUM in the universities! They are infected with this bullshit about the stupid PALESTINIANS, who cause more grief than their size allows! Here we are, these so called "students" are raving against the jews, and justifying the Hamas attack. This is crazy! It seems like every campus is populated by radicals that hate the US and hate the jews and have all the time to demonstrate while "earning" a valuable college degree for doing nothing constructive! I'm for expelling the whole bunch but the faculty is part of the swamp and won't rock the boat and threaten their generous TENURE!

This country truly is going to the dogs! There really is no hope. I really don't care if some of you have this hatred of the "Orange Man" but in actuality, if the insane Democrats convict and send him to prison, there is no hope!

I fear for my children and grandchildren who will have to live in this country being ruined by LIBERALISM!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ May 01, 2024, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2024 10:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually ....... These 'student protesters' could be doing us a favor.
Blue collar Joe Six-pack is likely to look at this and ask himself "These are the fuks that want their student loans forgiven??? ...... NOPE"

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7602 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2024 03:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The value of education, in general has depreciated significantly since I attended college. Actually, four and some were a little better than the others, but (I mean this sincerely) I do not recognize what passes as institutions of higher education.

First of all, it really did start in the 60's and the gravitation was away from HARD SCIENCE to anything where you could just sit your ass in front of a computer screen, and "work." I'm saying that the whole generation after me became interested in playing with a keyboard and limiting actual field work to a minimum. This began the trend towards nothing but your core curriculum. Nobody needs college math because there are programs that do that shit for you and even basic arithmetic can be done easily with a $5 calculator.

Then, you do not need language, spelling or fundamental ills in sskyntax or proper sentence structure. But boy, can they navigate that fucking smart phone, A DEVICE THEY LITERALLY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT!

It's not far removed from a Cyborg or a Robot. This generation is literally uneducated, like can't even locate Ukraine on a map, much less EUROPE, which they can't even define....what do you mean? Like the European Union is on what continent? What do you mean;

Continent?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2024 03:17 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah that's big thing here these days.

We have a heavy equipment/construction school up north. Company, I work for lends out equipment for them to learn on and in return they give company a list of names of those that graduate.
So, they come to work for the company to get there on the job experience for one year and can stay if they like after that.

The kids are pretty book smart and also taught to run equipment with a GPS system. But if that GPS breaks down for some reason the machine sits due to the kids don't know how to run the machine without it. Company kind of favors them as well and gives them the newer equipment and hope they stay after a year but most end up leaving. So, end up with a lot of veterans running older stuff till the kids leave, makes alot of sense. LOL

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2024 01:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of how stick shift automobiles are virtually hijack or theft proof. Nobody under 50 knows how to drive them.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters