The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » small accident

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: small accident
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2021 04:00 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It happened over a week ago while out riding in the UTV.
Going up a real steep hillside.
Almost to the top and the dog either jumped off or fell off.
Got to the top and rushed back to him.
He hurt his right hind leg. Got him into a vet on Monday. No broken bones. But he has packed it and when he puts weight on it at the ankle it bends backwards. This past Monday took him to another vet and they sedated him (He's a real grumpy old dog) the vet worked on the hind leg said it wasn't broken but probably had pulled, stretched maybe torn ligaments and tendons. He's now in a cast up over the hock. We'll go back in another week take the cast off and check the leg and skin and probably put him back in a cast until he heals up. The cast has helped greatly he can get around with little to no pain. His biggest problem is learning to walk with the cast and to use his left leg more than the right one. He's 8 years old and doesn't like to be man handled so it's always a fight that is why we have our own muzzle for him. I'm doing a lot of dog sitting with him.
Need to wrap the cast this morning for his morning potty, we finally got some rain over night.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2021 06:59 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about that. I hope he heals well. My dog Sadie will jump out of my pickup so she has to ride in the cab. Spoiled girl !!

27 @ 7am this morning in JV brrrr. Went for a drive out to pleasant valley last night. I forgot how pleasant it is out there.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2021 09:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about Tillie, is she is one hell of an athlete. Very strong and muscular and fast. She a little claustrophobic. Definitely knows who the pack leader is, not independent. I've never had a dog that received more unsolicited compliments. She's a friggin' beauty queen, for sure. I'm sure I could show her, one of her litter mates won a puppy class at one of the dog shows, and Tillie was pick of the litter. She really does draw a crowd. They don't know what she is, but they know she's "something"? I take it back, every once in a while somebody knows a Blue Tick Hound when they see one!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS yeah, I know she's spoiled rotten....

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 03:19 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Gus is spoiled rotten too.
He's moves like water and fast.
The UPS driver and him are now on speaking terms as long as she has a couple biscuits for him. Then he'll race her to the corner of the road.
He's jumping off the porch when he wants too or tries to jump in the truck.
He's a well muscled pretty dog especially when he gets his summer coat. He's called a Black Mouth Cur. 77 lbs but the middle age spread is starting to show. Try to keep him in shape and the weight down.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 05:08 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope ol Gus is fine soon !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 05:14 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
MY DOG is highly trained and disciplined.
Just a bit ago, I only had to tell her to get off of the couch three times !!!

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 08:27 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Spent 11 summers on South Mtn. lookout.
Go up this summer and say hi if they are still operating it.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 08:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tillie has a squeeze toy that says: "DOGS RULE"

She pretty much has taken charge and considers everything she can see as her domain. And, she makes sure to let me know that somebody has pushed the doorbell. Pinky helps, too!

Dogs are a joy and dogs tie you down and they are expensive. So what?

Hope Gus is feeling better!

PS jumping out of a pick up is one thing, but my kid and his butt buddy friend were joy riding with Red in the back of the pick up when he made a sharp turn and slung Red across the bed and flipped her out. She just laid there. So, it was only a block away and I went and got her and took her to the vet. Broke her hip, and back then, $600 was a lot of money, but he sawed off the ball joint and reattached some muscles so she could walk but couldn't swim and years later, when she slipped and fell in the pool, she drowned. Caused me to not have a dog for 20 years. Now, Tillie shits in the exact same place in the yard.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 09:09 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
We had a small crisis last night LB that would concern you.

Got home after work 33 degrees and rain/snow mix the wind blew the tarp off the goats pen and the poor thing were shivering !! got the tarp secured much better. Goats hate getting wet !!

I have to get a goat house built asap !!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 10:03 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Two stories with an upstairs sun deck, I should hope !!!!

[Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 10:10 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah..Spoiled little bastards [Razz]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 01:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I may have to give you a time out for goat neglect, Dave! And you knew goats don’t want to get wet! Shame!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2021 03:51 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Got home from Salmon and Gus is inside dancing a jig barking and jumping trying to play and all I can see is the bad leg going one way and the dog the other. Had to go get him his dog biscuit to settle him down.

I've got way to many new trees, bushes, raspberries, blackberries to have a single goat on the place. I know what goats can do and what they eat. You keep your goats Dave.

Always wanted a goat or two on the lookouts to eat the brush and keep the fire danger down. LOL Never did do it. Bad enough with 4 and 3 dogs at a time.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 22, 2021 06:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We here stand for goat equity! I don't really know what they can do, but they are pleasant critters. They don't bite, do they? Don't they treat us as equals?
Dave, if you have an extra, I think EW could use one.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2021 06:44 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Had a doe in the yard yesterday. I think she thought the goats were fawns and I think the goats thought she was a giant goat !!

EW wow 11 summers on south mountain. If not for some tall willow tress blocking my view I would be able to see it from my backyard.

[ May 24, 2021, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 24, 2021 07:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We need to get to the bottom of this, Dave. You need to carefully monitor Goat/Doe interactions, as well as Doe/Goat interactions, sort of a visa-versa situation. Anyway, get right on it! This could be important! (note exclamation point)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2021 08:39 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I will then I'll write a book !!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2021 09:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be really great!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2021 01:34 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Only boar style goats.
No dairy breed goats. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2021 02:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of partial to the Catalina Island goats myself.
Ah ........... The memories. [Smile]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2021 05:42 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes KOKO they love to catch arrows !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2021 06:09 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters