The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who's digging or stoking?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Who's digging or stoking??
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2021 10:24 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Digging out their driveways?
Who are stoking the wood stove more and more?

Had the place almost snow/ice free. Was back grading the shale rock and making the drive area look all nice.

Back to plowing snow and stoking the wood stove big time.

Been single digits last few days. Went 36 straight hours of snow. Just glad it was cold temps and it fell more like sugar than big flakes and feet of snow. I think we might have gotten 3" of snow.

Sounds like the one coming into night might dump more on us.

Was so hoping for a early spring. Treasure Valley got 9" of snow. Friend called from my old home area and they had 9" of snow too. He had to get the big tractor and blade out and plow themselves out. They haven't done that in the last 5 years. Can't say we didn't need more snow.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2021 11:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Around here, Mount Baldy is pretty well socked in, as is Crestline and Big Bear. This has been a wetter winter than usual, after about ten years of drought. If only the enviros would let us build impoundments where we could store some water instead of allowing it to roll downhill, wasted into the ocean. It's even worse than that since it causes so much pollution, trash, motor oil al kinds of crap that contaminates the shoreline for the fish and the seals and it's not healthy to swim in in for a week or so. What's wrong with these whackos that think they know everything?

It's criminally stupid not to build catchment basins to percolate rainwater into the water table for retrieval when it's needed. Take the Keystone pipeline. There is no sense at all in stopping the construction. There is no sense in NOT trapping runoff rainwater, but these airheads are against it. There is no sense in windmills, for many good reasons. Same with solar, it's not good value, just like battery powered vehicles.

We should be building nuclear power generating, if the assholes are so worried about friggin' CARBON! You know, that element that is the essential building block of nature, of life itself! Plants and everybody else LOVES carbon! Environmentalists are so ignorant about basic science that it's unbelievable! We have a system of higher education that is filling young brains with propaganda, junk science!

Where was I?
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2021 03:51 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For that matter ............... how complicated would it be to build a pipeline from the flooding Mississippi River and pump water to drought areas in the South West ??? Wouldn't completely solve the Delta flooding problem but would at least be another tool in the Managers tool boxes and we have plenty of bone dry reservoirs in the West.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2021 04:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It was at least 50-60 years ago that some serious studies indicated that it was feasible to tow icebergs from the arctic to southern California. Yeah they might melt but you throw some plastic around it and under it and pump it onshore. If you need a little desalination, that can be done.

It depends on how badly you need the water. Maybe this state doesn't need it that bad because they are allowing the Sacramento river water to flow out under the Golden State Bridge rather than damn it and send in down the Central Valley, all this to "save" the Delta smelt.

Right now, it's hard to figure out? There are many groves along I-5 that have died do to lack of irrigation water. And yet, there are other groves that are planting little baby trees, along the same freeway! If anybody has the answer, let me know.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 03:35 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
California a once beautiful state going to hell in a jet !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 04:10 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes ........ And if the Republicans are smart, they will hammer home the disaster that is Calif. when you let Democrats run rampant.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 05:12 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm about a foot here. Neighbor plowed my lane yesterday. Weird how it came late this year, probably only snowed 6" all winter until now.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 07:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My 3 feet plus is gone from last week we got an inch the other day also gone now !March is on the way !YES!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 07:14 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
It's -7 here in the Tx Panhandle.. We didn't get a foot of snow but we got all the cold a man or woman could want. -Tex
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted February 15, 2021 07:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope springs eternal, (for The People's Republik)

The recall of Gavin Newsom has qualified for the ballot. That cocksucker is going down, just like Gray Davis!

What nerve! That asshole locks down the whole state and then goes totally maskless to a party at The French Laundry, a very pricy restaurant in Napa Valley. My daughter told me that this place books reservations one year in advance. This tells you the kind of money walking around up there. I don't know if it's true, but I heard the Gov's party was $3,000 a person. However, there was "seconds" on the wine.

That's another thing I can't figure out? The price some people are willing to pay for a bottle of friggin' wine! This kind of wine usually has "notes" of chocolate and cinnamon and other imaginary flavors.

That's another thing! Gavin Newsom owns a winery and a vineyard and amazingly, it is the only one in the state that hasn't been locked down! I think Nancy Pelosi is his aunt? Seriously.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 01:41 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its complete incest
the ugly little Clinton girl is married to George Soro's nephew. Cant spell incest but you need a score card out here !

[ February 15, 2021, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 04:57 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Snow Sunday and -27 F this morning without wind chill added in.

On the plus side, 33 days until Spring. On the calendar anyway.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 04:23 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave A. Idaho gets most of it's snow pack in February and March.
It is what it is. Nothing in normal or even being close to what/how we grew up. Especially the weather now a days.

What is funny. The valley has more snow on the ground than we do in our valley up here.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 08:33 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Warm morning only 22. Up to 29 now. Got another inch or so of snow over night.
Went and drove the UTV out to take the dog for his daily constitutional.
Keeps the piles down in the yard. [Big Grin]

I drove around making tracks for the other half to walk in. He usually takes the dog and walks. Snow is deep enough now to be a pain to walk in especially with bad knees and hips. I'm not walking until bare ground is back. Having ankle problems that throws the knee and hip out of position and the chiropractor said not too for a while.

For something to do going to go out and scrape the snow.

Other half drove the neighbor up to Salmon for a colonoscopy. His wife doesn't like the 93 road and with snow on it makes it worse for her.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 09:11 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah had to get my lane cleared again I can get my Jeep out but mammas car got stuck. Good times..
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 10:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And people are leaving beautiful sunny Kalifornia in droves, headed for exotic Idaho and AZ and Okie destinations. Well, that leaves just me to pay taxes so we can welcome more wetbacks by tearing down that part of the wall that was built. If I have a bitch with Trump it's that he didn't get enough of it built and a good part of it was replacement wall. And the crazies want to tear it down. Liberals are such morons, Pelosi says "walls are immoral".

I wish I knew the real, actual, logical reason why those idiots want unrestricted immigration? Do they really want America turned into a third world ghetto? Who is left that pays the taxes for illegal welfare. They think people are going to put up with being sucked dry. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm stuck with a 15 year old pension that hasn't changed a penny.

That's another thing that pisses me off. My solar roof was reappraised by the county another $14,000 assessed valuation which jacked my property taxes quite a bit. They didn't 'splain that part to me.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Liberals have so much HATE for Trump that they want to pass laws to prevent him from building a Presidential Library. Did Republicans ever squawk about Clinton's Library? I don't think so?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 11:16 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
A warmer climate is starting to cross my mind LB.

Hey TX yup I see Texas is cold as shit right now ? where's a good rural place to live ? oh yeah and cheap !! and moderate climate ? not too much to ask right ?

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 11:28 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
-23 wind chill this morning. Been working 16+ hour days to keep my booster plant up and going. Gas prices are through the roof right now, corporate bitches are at home while us in the field are getting worn out and froze half to death. We have 8 trucks with hose coming off the exhaust just to keep these units from freezing up and going down on a false alarms.. Lost over 15 million mcfs because of wells freezing up or compressor failures.. More snow on the way today and then maybe come Friday it will start to warm up. Stay warm and safe everyone-Tex
ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 11:46 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,
I would look around the hill country for a decent rural area to live in Texas. I live just east of Amarillo and its just a windy bitch all year in this area but go south say around Abilene it's a lot better weather. If ya want pine trees I would look east/south east of Dallas and Waco. If ya want swamps then the southeast corner of the state- say north and east Beaumont. Mountains and desert you can look around El Paso all the way down into the big bend area. Land prices go from give that shit away to you better have hit the lotto to even dream to have a chance to owning it. I think there is 7 different ecological areas in Texas. Got about everything a man could want EXCEPT public land to hunt and explore on. Private property is king in Texas-Tex

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 11:51 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that was fast !! thanks bro' my daughter and her husband lived in the Houston area for a year and are talking about TX..

I'm starting to think where I want to be in retirement down the road.

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 12:14 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't think TX is like AZ with sun fun and 60.
Went down to Rock Spring TX one Jan and about froze to death. They also get freezing rain big time.

Only difference about bad weather is the kind of cloths you put on.
[Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 02:11 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh' I know lol..I was mostly teasing. I am kinda serious about a rural low cost of living area though. My place would sell for a small fortune right now.

I'm 56 now and this working for a living is getting old !!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 16, 2021 02:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, just do it then! I did! Just said fuck it. Wife went, "GULP" but she cautiously supported me. I didn't even have a plan, just quit! It's been 15 years and I have no regrets.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: you know where it's booming? Alberta! I swear, you can hardly change lanes in Phoenix without bumping into an Alberta license plate. These snowbirds have money! It's oil economy. Probably not any colder than Idaho.

[ February 16, 2021, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2021 04:43 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
You can look into Salmon.
Here it's too late.
All the houses that were for sale when we first moved here most have been brought even the rough needing gutted rebuilt places. Some are even coming up for sale again at higher prices.
A lot of the world has moved in here in the past year.
There is very little quiet end of the road places way too many damn people and having too many damn kids.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2021 07:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but think about the reason. Right now, we have that idiot BIDEN extending an open invitation to everybody anywhere that ever wanted free stuff and government support forever!

So, they don't want to be too far from local services and congregate in ghettos and it's a cash society. Sure, a lot of them work in things like construction, but to the city, county, state and federal agencies, they are in need of free housing and food stamps and the welfare support employees regard the immigrants that can barely speak english with everything they didn't even know was available! So, when they show up, the state and county workers treat them like royalty because they know that is their constituency and it's the reason they have a job and they never forget it. Invite your friends to come down and apply....but if it's a single white woman with 4 kids, she probably can't qualify unless they can garnish her baby daddy's wages and give her part of it.

When the word is out: FREE STUFF AT THE BORDER! they start pushing a baby cart from Guatemala, (yeah, Sure!) and by the day after tomorrow, there they are at San Yesedro, applying for refugee status. It's like a friggin' miracle! Two little kids and a baby and they walked the length of Mexico, with a not even a change of underwear, and the damned Media never thinks to ask; Wait, Where, How?

Tucker Carlson did a segment last night on illegal immigrants, and the Biden administration has just commanded the Border Patrol to cease using the words "illegal immigrant". He said they use the dreamed up figure of 11,000,000 undocumented in the United States for at least ten years and that the figure is actually north of THIRTY MILLION! And, more arriving every friggin' day! How can we sustain these leaches? The women are baby factories and of course, can't be expected to work, so expect that the US government will be supporting her and her kids for the next 50 years! This is INSANITY!

You have to wonder, what is the reason for pushing for all this immigration? What is to be gained? Well, when Democrats promise free stuff for black people and they loyally vote democrat, the hispanic people need to somehow qualify for citizenship so they can vote for democrats. While we are at it, let's forgive student loans for worthless degrees in Ethnic Studies or something else that demonstrates zero marketable skills whatsoever! BUT, they have been indoctrinated in Marxist socialism and that's the next BIG THING!

Really, there is no solution! It's totally out of control! The smart thing is to round up Liberals and shoot the bastards! Oops! Can't say shit like that, GoDaddy is just waiting for a reason to muzzle LB. I wasn't serious anyway.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters