The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » New ambulance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New ambulance
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2017 07:53 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like were gettin' a new one. Taxes went up to pay for the new Fire Truck.

Now our old Ambulance got fucked up.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/icy-conditions-crashes-reported-near-payette/499696855

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2017 04:28 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
When I checked the news last night seen a picture of it.
One reason I hate that valley now. Way to many stupid people in a hurry to go no where.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2017 08:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
All I can say is, I have been involved in Black Ice and it's a lot scarier than it sounds. Without warning you can lose complete control of your vehicle, and wind up in a ditch or even over a cliff, no other vehicle in sight. If there is another vehicle, it's that much more dangerous. I don't have a solution?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2017 10:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Black Ice was just one of the reasons I moved from Olympia to Arizona.
Four wheel drive means little to that evil shit.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2017 01:27 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
That stretch of road is notorious for that stuff and the speed limit is 80 mph.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2017 01:56 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
earth walker nailed it. I had a thread about 80-MPH-somewhere a year or two ago.

Way too fast !!

Went to town this morning, snowed a bit last night. Foggy as shit !!

Spread straw out for the goats & chickens.

Sun is pokin' thru now. Lovely
[Smile]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2017 06:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My black ice adventure was in Austin, Nevada, right on the continental divide and on 8A or whatever they call it now, I can never remember? We did a 360 and resigned to be along for the ride. It was one of those slow motion deals where we knew we were in deep shit. Hands off the wheel, no brakes, just rode it to a dead stop. Just lucky. Never forget it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2017 07:51 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I experienced black ice numerous times every winter in SE Alaska where I lived for 15 years. In a place like that the answer is studded tires. Here in Oregon those conditions only last a few days and don't occur every winter. Tough call.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2017 03:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Had a friend in my youth that had just put a dual quad 409 in his 55 Chevy Leaving the garage he gave it a tap and we went downhill on 5th St. East
we glided down the road for a couple of miles with no control of the car watching as the view passed latterly across the windshield. Luckily we came to rest as the road flattened unscathed. Palmdale Calif. circa 1965 or thereabouts.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted December 17, 2017 08:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There was this one time up at Big Bear. If not for a 3" curb, I would have crashed into the corner of a wood house. My 74 Dodge and fat tires, no stopping it 'cept for that curb. I had about 6 little kids in the back of the truck, don't think any of them noticed? Come to think of it, wasn't black ice at all, just compacted icy white snow. Shit like that can give a man nightmares!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters