The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Anybody watch the Army/Navy game yesterday?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody watch the Army/Navy game yesterday?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 10, 2017 04:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It really was a good game, and the rendition of the national Anthem was especially good.

Also, game was decided in the final 3 seconds with a missed field goal by Navy. Score: 14-13 Army

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2017 02:04 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
What game? Battleship ?

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 637 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2017 06:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.facebook.com/tedcruzpage/videos/10155805259847464/?hc_ref=ARTwHoI9_GbBaIwr-LEO6XVV9We9C6CVciyqkt4swuoOJJzVQyRZxHf-rrsttUERexE

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2017 11:14 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought it would be cool to play football in the snow...until I actually played football in the snow.

We had an early snowstorm here in Kansas in late October 1978. We practiced in 6" of snow, and all of the fun stops when you get knocked on your ass, or get smacked and end up face down with guys on top of you.

With that said, I do like watching games like that game Saturday!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2017 11:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think football played in a snowstorm is just about the most entertaining game there is. No, I've never done it myself, but it's fun to watch.

In my Army days, I have had some pretty crummy experiences in the snow, Arctic conditions. Not to mention, HUNTING in snow is quite a challenge, from many aspects. Maybe RAIN comes in third?

What is the worst? WIND, BABY! High wind makes hunting very difficult. When you are depending on sound to attract animals, there is nothing worse than high wind. But, I have developed ways to combat wind, hunting coyotes. Maybe I will share it with the Peanut Gallery some time? And, maybe I won't?

But, I'm not just whistling Dixie; I have a system that works when nothing else will work and you must kill animals, in a contest situation. And, no, you will never figure it out on your own.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2017 12:20 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Winter training exercise at then Camp now Fort Drum. We jumped in and ten days later extracted by helicopter but in those ten days twelve of us lived in the snow, slept in the snow, cleaned our weapons in the snow, ate in the snow and played aggressor in that damn snow for ten days. Most miserable ten days of my life.
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2017 12:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Marine Corps unit I ran into very close to Lake Topaz that trains under snowy conditions. Maybe they are based around Mammoth, or Tahoe, somewhere up there? Like Germany, but throw in mountains. And, I know Germany has mountains, but we didn't need them on Winter Shield II. That one was epic!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters