The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » 2011 Predator Calling Championship Videos (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: 2011 Predator Calling Championship Videos
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 08:32 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"We have all seen the boards with two pages of 'atta boys' 'good job' and '+1'; very boring and offer little insight in my opinion."

+1 [Big Grin]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 08:44 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
No swearing, no digging, no fighting, no sexual innuendo, no backstabbing, no threats of bodily harm, equals a board with 3 posts a week.

Great posts Cross J, Tom and Cdoo. You guys are geniuseserest. You all have the wisdom of the wise. (You can wipe off your legs, now)
Tom you get a free leg hump for jumping on the obvious first.

[ June 21, 2011, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: smithers ]

IP: Logged
Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 09:29 AM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Sheeple" is a great term
Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 10:00 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed in the different predator hunting sites I frequent, there are always the same like minded individuals, with the same intellect talking to each other, the rest of them reading it in wonderment. These guys are on call and immediately upon reading a question from the peanut gallery, they hit the google search button in an effort to bolster their standing in the know-it-all community. They can draw out the description of the word shit into a twelve chapter novel.
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 10:39 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
The roar of the masses could be farts. I.e. You're ne'er as good as YOU think you are.

This is the church and this is the steeple. Turn it around and here's all the sheeple...

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 10:46 AM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They can draw out the description of the word shit into a twelve chapter novel.

Pretty sure I found my new signature line with this one.

I have a question. Lookig at the Hooters photo, is it required that I wear a camo hat if I ever go to one of these expos?

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 10:48 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I think alot of guys hang out at certain boards of their choice, because they feel a comfort zone. Knowing they will never be challenged on their posts.

They realize those who do challenge won't be around long, or a mod will bail them out. JMO of course..(Edit) I'm not talking about this board [Wink]

The fact is none of us are ever 100% right 100% of the time.

(Edit) again. Maybe a better way to put that is, if everyone agree's with everything you say, It might be prudent to consider the crowd you run with.

[ June 21, 2011, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 11:07 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what it is about these boards that keep us hanging around? I guess it's a bit like a club or a fellow ship. For the most part we all tend to be on the same political page.
Most of the guys that hang around here are smart and seam to still have a good deal of independent thought.
For the most part I laugh my ass off when I read alot of the material on this site.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
+1

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
atta boy!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 12:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
what he said....

edit: ditto

[ June 21, 2011, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 12:51 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
These guys are on call and immediately upon reading a question from the peanut gallery, they hit the google search button in an effort to bolster their standing in the know-it-all community.
Isn't that why they invented Google to begin with?

Google is trading at almost $500 a share so someone likes it. (I had to Google that stock quote)

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 01:01 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Google:

Come on, you do it.
You love to do it.
We all do it.

You do it...

I do it, I love to do it.
I just did it and I'm ready to do it again, don't tell me you don't do it!

~Mel Brooks (googled it)

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't google anymore, my computer switched to bing. It sucks, I'm not near as smart as I was with google.

Oh and Good Job Leonard!

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, (the man) don't need no stinkin' GOOGLE!

Furthermore, he is a permanent card carrying member of the Peanut Gallery. BTW, I hear he is quiet well off?

gh....lb

edit: TY

[ June 21, 2011, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted June 21, 2011 01:43 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I tried Googling(is that a word?) Dan's financial records and all I can find is...

"rich beyond comprehension, compasionate, nurturing, and don't mess with Dan!", signed, "Pussgut".

Maybe I need to narrow my search terms?

Nikonut [Razz]

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 01:58 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Howad Hill called the coyote the smartest animal he's ever encountered. He said that many believe the turkey is smarter.

Hunting the Hard Way by Howard Hill

Google it!!

Howard Hill "the King of Archery"

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 02:23 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
+1
quote:
atta boy!
quote:
ditto
Bah bah bah!

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 02:39 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Best memories of the KC Expo...

-

[Eek!] [Razz]

Edit: That's all it was... a memory! [Big Grin]

[ June 21, 2011, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Nikonut ]

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2011 03:24 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
"Furthermore, he is a permanent card carrying member of the Peanut Gallery."

Yep, I'm member number one and you are two.

[ June 21, 2011, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Dan Carey ]

jasonpredhunter
Member # 3843

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2012 07:54 PM      Profile for jasonpredhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to re-hash such an old thread, but seeing as how my internet time is pretty limited due to hunting and work, I thought I'd let ya know we finally got our site up.
If you guys want, you can go check out our website at www.custompredatorcall.com

We have a products page, photo gallery, video's, etc...I know it's an amateur website, but that's all we are.
Also, our page will be updated frequently so I hope ya check it out....

Again, I know it's been a while but, I guess better late than never...

www.custompredatorcall.com

[ February 01, 2012, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: jasonpredhunter ]

Posts: 68 | From: VA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2012 09:01 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cross J that think I'm only a stage caller and could never call in a coyote
Jason, I went back and read the whole thread again. Can't find were I associated you with being nothing more than a stage caller, let alone not being able to call in a coyote. My comments were on calling contests being judged by human ears with the intent on calling animals....period.

Hope you're having a good year.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2012 09:07 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice bunch of fox. You did good..

Not many coyotes for a coyote calling champ. [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2012 09:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Like Geordie, I reread the whole thread and I too cannot see that a statement was made that disparages stage callers? Unless it was taken out of context, I don't think anybody bad mouthed those that win contests, or suggested that they probably could not call real coyotes.

Good hunting. LB

edit: whatever happened to ol' Dan, (the man) Since he's been gone the spelin has gone to $hit around here.

[ January 31, 2012, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2012 07:01 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm being intimidated reading about you guys using diaphragm calls. I tried them several times and all I do is spit on whatever is in front of me. The first time I tried, I spit all over my dash. When I got home, I got a rag and some Windex and ended up with a clean dash.

I talked to a dentist and he confirmed that there are variations in the roof of everyone’s mouth.

I personally believe in the Wal-Mart philosophy of varmint calling: the three most important factors are location, location, location. Four is stand setup and fifth is calling. I use to hunt with a guy that claimed you needed to visualize the blood coming off the end of the call. I prefer to see the coyote come running in salivating.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters