The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Census compliance (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Census compliance
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 08:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey you drones out there! How are you going to fill out or answer the questions on the form? Will you return it promptly, as "suggested" or ignore it as some of our rabble rousers want?

Simple, easy to follow poll. Tell us all about it.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31542 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JohnLK
Pro-Staff Great/Michigan Sector
Member # 1978

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 09:04 AM      Profile for JohnLK           Edit/Delete Post 
On the one sheet dated March 1st it says in bold letters"Please complete and mail back the enclosed census today". Then the 1st question asks "How many people were living or staying in this house or apartment or mobile home on April 1st 2010." It's not April 1st yet so how do I know what will happen?

[ March 16, 2010, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: JohnLK ]

Posts: 54 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 09:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just vote in the damned poll, JOHN! We will iron out the details later. Thanks! LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 09:58 AM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
It's times like these when I am most reminded of my favorite movie quote.

"Screw 'em. Screw the government"

Anthony Hopkins - Legends of the Fall

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 11:48 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at your two questions Leonard, but did not vote because I ain't a pin head. I will fill out the census form because I can't afford to pay the $5,000 fine.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 12:38 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Its a $100 fine. Im going to do what the constitution says. Write in the number of people living here and no more.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 01:06 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't afford to lose $100 right now.

[ March 16, 2010, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 01:07 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I read it was a $5000 fine also.

My census got lost in the mail.

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 01:44 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad I'm not alone, because when I started to fill out the census form last night I immediatley got pissed when the questions about race came up. I left'em blank and damn near shitcanned the the thing.

So, all I'm required to do is give the number of people living in my house?

[ March 16, 2010, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 01:51 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny,

TITLE 13 > CHAPTER 7 > SUBCHAPTER II > § 221
Prev | Next § 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers
How Current is This? (a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.
(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.
(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 01:53 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny all that is required by the constitution is to let them know how many people thats it.
The rest is none of their dammned business.
oh ! and voting in Leonards poll is also reqd.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 02:14 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andy and Paul.

Voted in the poll and I'm a member of the "Human Race."

[ March 16, 2010, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 02:30 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
$5000 was quoted from the U. S. Census Bureau by CBS. They didn’t reference the law, did they check it or just print it on the say so? The law quoted by Leonard and now Andy at $100.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 02:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I am thinking that I will force them to make a housecall so I can give ACORN a piece of my mind. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 03:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I work for the federal gubmint, so anything they want to know about me, they already know.

My understanding, from an interview I saw on TV the other day was that the law also states that the census can include any question deemend relevant by Congress, which BTW, approved this census form.

The Census Bureau is by no means operating unilaterally and inside a bubble if you think for a minute that they don't know who you are, where you live, how much you make. Those letters and the form you got today were sent out based upon mailing lists maintainaed by people like me in your Post Office. We're required under law to maintain current occupancy listings to within 90 days, so they knew mailing these things that your address was occupied. I've been told that the Census Bureau is working closely with the IRS, too, as far as cross referencing who lives where by name/ addy.

There was a time, back in "the day" when you could hide. Not so anymore. Your name and everything about you is in the system and on the grid, and reinforced everytime you swipe your debit card or write a check, make a deposit to your account or transfer money. Don't think so? Move and see how long it takes the good folks at Publishers Clearing House to find you. They need to sic those bastards on Osama bin Laden. They'll find him inside three days and let him know that he may already have won!!!.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 03:29 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
I just filled out our census form, and didn't see anything to get excited about. Like others have said, all that information is already in the data base or needs to be current.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 05:17 PM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
Possumal,
That's because you voted for Obama and you are still very much in love with him and everything he does.
If you weren't blindly following the anointed one you could see it, but it is proven that blind folks can't see. [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
oslo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3517

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 05:46 PM      Profile for oslo   Email oslo         Edit/Delete Post 
It is also proven that some people cannot see their feet. Huh Bopeye? [Wink]
Posts: 19 | From: socal | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 05:47 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Bopeye, what in hell are you talking about?

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 09:07 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I haven't recieved one. Any chance I have slipped through a hole in the 'grid'? Down side is, how will Ed McMahon find me?

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 3 posted March 17, 2010 12:48 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hmnnn...

Considering the fact that Ed McMahon died last year, you may not want him to find you! [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 05:01 AM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
Oslo, I see my feet just fine when they are resting on your coffee table. [Razz]

[ March 17, 2010, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: Bopeye ]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Knows what it's all about
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 05:18 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those letters and the form you got today were sent out based upon mailing lists maintainaed by people like me in your Post Office.
Not true, sorry. In the Spring of last year, the Census sent out people to GPS map EVERY address in the US. It was called Address Canvasing, and was the basis for all future Census operations.

There are now four Census Operations going on, or about to start. The most important are the mass mailing. In addition to the mailing of Census forums, Census canvassers will go to homes the Census mapped last spring and hand deliver questionnaires at address they do not think would be delivered by the post office.

After the Census receives all the forms back, they will then compare them to the addresses they canvased last year, and then if no form was returned, they will send canvassers back to those addresses to have the forms filled out while they are there. This operation is called Non Response Follow Up, or NRFU, and shows someone at the Census has a sense of humor, as they named it Non Response F.U.

If you really want to pissed at the Census, here's a treat for you.

The Census passed out NASCAR hats to their employees a couple of weeks ago. They are sponsoring a car in this seasons NASCAR. Anyway, the hats they passed out were very nice. You would expect to pay 25 to 30 bucks for one if you bought it.

The sad part is, every hat had the label cut out of it. With all the government talk about putting Main St back to work, it appears the Census bought their hats from a manufacturer in China.

I have two very good friends who are now working for the Census here in NH, one lives right next door to me.

In his training manual, under the heading of Safety, the first thing mentioned is that all Census workers should wear "comfortable shoes" in case they have to run. No kidding.

We have had one Census worker in NH, and two in Maine assaulted already.

I wrote 4 on my form, and included a note that the rest of the information requested was intrusive and I did not feel comfortable sending my personal information through the mail.

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 06:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Three people assaulted in New England? Aren't they mostly Democrats?

I can't wait 'til they get to those states with really violent Libertarians and Conservatives! Eek!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 06:56 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Possumal wrote: "I just filled out our census form, and didn't see anything to get excited about. Like others have said, all that information is already in the data base or needs to be current."

Reminding the government that my family is white and own our home, doesn't seem like the best idea.

Al, good stuff to know. I do reckon things might get tougher for the census folks out west.

[ March 17, 2010, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters