The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Census compliance (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Census compliance
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 07:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
(March 16) -- Despite months of skepticism from conservative politicians and pundits, at least as many Republicans as Democrats now say they are certain to participate in the 2010 census, a new poll finds.

According to a Pew Research Center poll conducted March 10-14, 74 percent of Republicans surveyed said they "definitely will" participate in the census. That number is up 20 percentage points from when Pew asked the same question the week of Jan. 6-10.

The strong showing of support for the census among Republicans comes after months of criticism from conservative figures.

Ross D. Franklin, AP
At least as many Republicans as Democrats claim they will fill out census forms this year, according to a Pew Research Center poll.
Rep. Michele Bachmann, for instance, declared in a June interview with The Washington Times that she would limit her participation in this year's census.

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," the Minnesota Republican said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

Conservative pundit Michelle Malkin said in October that the census has a liberal bias. "There's the troubling alliance between the Census Bureau and the aggressively partisan Service Employees International Union -- whose many leading officials and organizing tactics are inextricably intertwined with the disgraced personnel and methods of the ACORN community organizing racket," Malkin wrote.

Meanwhile, 72 percent of Democrats polled said their participation in the census was assured, up five percentage points from the January survey. And 67 percent of independents said they are certain to participate, up 13 points since Jan.

Regardless of party, 87 percent of Americans say they "probably will" or "definitely will" participate in the census. Seventy-nine percent of those polled say they consider filling out the census forms a "civic responsibility," and 73 percent said they did not believe that the census aided a particular political party.

Just 54 percent of those polled, however, correctly identified the main purpose of the census as helping determine the number of representatives each state can send to Congress, a 10-point decline from the January survey.

For its latest figures, Pew interviewed 1,500 adults living in the continental United States. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31542 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 12:00 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
"Conservative pundit Michelle Malkin said in October that the census has a liberal bias."

I filled mine out last night and was unable to find any bias in the questions. Maybe I need to go back to the eye doctor to make sure my skeptical eyes aren't deceiving me?

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 12:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't say what this administration will do with information that appears to be nonbiased? Michelle might have seen a previous draft? Who knows?

My personal opinion is that the questions address a privacy issue, or two. Or, three?

The stated objective is simply to count heads so that the various congressional districts receive the representation to which they are entitled.

How does this justify asking if you own your own home, as a for instance?

And, they have so much power to find out if you own your home; I fail to see why I should be compelled to provide the information voluntarily?

What a load of crap to threaten millions of viewers with an outrageous lie about a $5,000 fine! Think of the offenses that are far more serious and the potential fine is not even close to $5,000. I doubt it was a mistake. An intentional lie and probably from some untraceable functionary in the Obama whitehouse.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 12:53 PM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder why they need to know if we are espanol?
Why do they need to know what kind of espanol we are? Mexican, Chicano, Puerto Rican, Cuban?
Why not ask if we have green cards or not?
Gotta know if we are black, Negro, chinese, etc?

Why do they need to know if we are staying somewhere else sometimes? What's wrong with me staying in my bunker a couple nights a week preparing for the zombies?

I just thought a census was to see how many folks we had in the U.S. for seeing how many reps we could send to the Hill.
Looks more like they are trying to see geographical regions that could use more "bail out money" and which ones need taxed a little heavier.
Call me paranoid, I don't give a shit. I do know I trust nothing having to do with Obama or the Acorn clowns that got him there.
Oh and btw, yes the ACORN bunch is neck deep in this shit. [Wink]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 01:23 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I figure I'll just tell'um a lie. LOL
IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 01:34 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Federal law requires that the information remain confidential for 72 years. I doubt if I will care when that time period runs. However, if you believe that this administration, or any subsequent administration is in violation and releases your information...please don't hesitate to call me.
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
oslo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3517

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 02:55 PM      Profile for oslo   Email oslo         Edit/Delete Post 
So thats what stunk up my coffee table? Geezus, I thought the dog was rubbing his butt on it again!
Posts: 19 | From: socal | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 02:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I shore will, can't be none too careful. Once they find out about my house, they might tell both gal friends. Then whut? There is something partik suspicious about holding that info for only 72 years! Just to be safe, it should be at least 102 yrs. & 6 months. Under Obamacare, I have no doubt we all will live that long.

Don't worry, I WILL call you!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 05:32 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not true, sorry. In the Spring of last year, the Census sent out people to GPS map EVERY address in the US. It was called Address Canvasing, and was the basis for all future Census operations.

True. I found 2 of those guys wandering lost on my mail route looking for different streets. LOL

Where do you think they got the address list to GPS? I have 538 delivery points on my route. Each of these - vacant or occupied - is listed in sequence of delivery in a book at my case (desk). When someone moves and the address becomes vacant, I mark it. After 90 days, it is marked as vacant in the national database. This same database is sold to mass mailers everyday. We are mandated by Congress and law to provide "universal" delivery which means delivery to every address in the country, 6 days a week, with exception of the bottom of the Grand Canyon and a few remote places in Alaska. If an address exists, it appears in our database, and that is the starting point for the census canvassers, I guarantee you.

I did identify two people who did not receive a census form yesterday because they live in apartments over commercial properties that are listed as commercial versus residential and the census ppl didn't send forms to businesses.

[ March 17, 2010, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 07:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So................if the information remains 'confidential' for 72 years, how does anybody know if the data is being tampered with or not????

No.......Wait...... Those nice folks at Acorn are involved. They work on important stuff like presidential elections. I'm sure that we're ok. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7620 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
32below
Member # 2075

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 07:25 PM      Profile for 32below   Email 32below         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Fill out and return immediately but the head count must be as of April 1, 2010. Today is March 16 so I guess I will fail to fully comply. What if a family member dies or moves out after you complete and return the form but before April 1? grrrrrr mine will sit on the counter till I get damned good and ready. Us folks in the hinterland don't count anyways.
Posts: 100 | From: SW Kansas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
32below
Member # 2075

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 07:43 PM      Profile for 32below   Email 32below         Edit/Delete Post 
Just read this "thing". First they tell ya not to count persons living away at school or in the military then when you list the "occupants" you have an option to check whether that person is living away at school or in the military. I hope they didn't pay for "professional" services to design this thing. Hey maybe I could get a job designing the next one and retire wealthy? Wanna help Lance?
Posts: 100 | From: SW Kansas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 07:56 PM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
That wasn't the dog's butt oslo. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2010 08:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but why 72 years? Why not a even number like 65, or 66, Maybe it has to be devisable by 12?

Can't somebody TELL ME!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2010 10:10 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are having trouble with the Census form...here is how to fill it out

http://www.spike.com/video/snl-christopher/2778118

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters