The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » You need powder? I got a deal for ya!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You need powder? I got a deal for ya!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 25, 2022 09:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been straightening up the reloading room, which is cramped and a room I was forced to build in my garage with the sole purpose of keeping the family cats out of my stuff, scales and all those other little tools we need for accuracy handloading.

Anyway, I have a jug of Accurate #2700 I will offer for sale. Originally, it was 8 pounds but as of now, on my postal scale, there are 6 pounds 11 ounces remaining and that's a lot of shooting.

The label says it was designed for big game cartridges like 243 and 270 and I forget what else?

But I used it in my 25'06 Ackley for light bullets, 75 and 87 grain and the velocities attainable are awesome! Actually, my best performance bullet in 25'06 Ackley has always been the Nosler 100 grain, but this is a little known powder that deserves more attention. The recent fad surrounding "temperature stable" propellants is a little bit bogus, in my opinion.

Since I live within 50 miles of the Pacific Ocean, and I frequently hunt at high elevations, the Sierras, Utah and Colorado, Nevada, etc., I ALWAYS VERIFY MY ZERO WHEREVER I HAPPEN TO BE. So, if I'm at 6,000 feet and it's freezing, I don't give a shit about temperature sensitivity affecting my zero because I check it routinely, before risking a shot at a game animal. It may be an inch deviation, one way or the other, but I will dial it in and forget about it. So much for "temperature stable powders". It's a bogus issue.

So, just look it up and you will see applications and performance in the range of 4831 and 4350 and several others. It's a great choice and versatile for a wide range of deer rifle chamberings.

Anyway, I note the current price, per pound of #2700 is about $32. I added it up at store prices and this jug should be worth about $215, but I will make a deal, (and it's a good legitimate deal) for a hundred dollars off, and will sell the remaining 6 pounds, 11 ounces for $115!

Yes it's probably ten years old but this stuff pretty much lasts forever, if it's stored in a stable environment.

So, make me an offer. It's good stuff and you will not be disappointed, if you know what the hell you are doing, reloading wise.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31489 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2022 07:04 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I ain't been on here in a while I thought you had escaped from California a while back.

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters