The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » 204 Ruger powder choice? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: 204 Ruger powder choice?
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2012 11:01 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
How does an Okie know he's getting close to home after his latest trip to Calif?
1. The box springs tied on the roof of the car start flapping in the wind.
2. All 5 kids have shitty diapers.
3. The ole lady got horny and wants him to pull over.
4 He gets a sudden urge to steal something.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2012 11:39 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard...

Actually btech29 is just another stalker or troll, does'nt really matter..

His problem was he joined the 17 cal. crowd and had a 17-204 built. Others gave him info as far as what powder and charge weight to use and then he goes out and loads the cartridge beyond a safe working load cause he wanted to see what would happen(blew primers big time).. All I did was question him by asking why would he do something as stupid as that..( I guess I hurt his little feelings)

Then he put up another post about his decoy dog and his filming projects.. He would call the coyotes in and then watch the dog work them and try to get it on film and cared very little about finishing the job, the filming was more important so he said..(proably looking for a pro-staff job)
Like most members here our goal is to go out and call coyotes and then kill them. Right?
So anyway I just asked a question of why would he want to go out and end up makeing the coyotes just that much harder to call the next time.. ( once again it hurt his little feelings)

Then he makes a post about what the best vel. would be for killing coyotes with a 30 gr. 17 cal. bullet. ( 3800-4000 fps) How would he know, he just got a 17 cal this year.. LOL
Actually he got the info from one of my posts and used it as his own..( Do a search here and you will find me posting this exact info years ago)
Then he says the WT callers are junk. Sure he has one but its the older model and he has never used it in the field according to him, so once again how would he know...

Anyway he is a real good buddy of Ducky a Mod. over at NPHA who is also a P.M. member. (that figures)Actually both are P.M. members..
Btech and ducky played there little game over at NPHA with there little drive bys to piss me off so I would say something they could ban me for.. ( you girls are a hoot and its ok for a mod. to violate the TOS but not if someone else does) No name calling or profanaty just what I said above.. No big whoop...
Anyway now he is stalking me just like Troy because both of them got there feelings hurt. ( f_cking babies)
CREDITS:
btech is a pretty good caller and from what I've heard is ok with a decoy dog as well, just has his priorities mixed up is all.. Oh yeah welcome aboard...

[ December 14, 2012, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5110 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
btech29
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4148

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 06:43 AM      Profile for btech29           Edit/Delete Post 
First it was a 17 Tac you dumb ass. I have blew one primer.

I enjoy dog work Tim. If I lose a coyote from time to time trying to better my dog then thats not a big deal. I can see why it would bother you because you dont kill many coyotes.

The only person looking for a Pro-staff job is you. I will let you in on a little secret. WT will never bring you on as a prostaffer. You are an abrasive moron that couldnt kill himself out of a wet paper sack. You wanna know one reason I dont use a WT? Because you use one.

I have zero respect for you Tim. I would never quote you, so please get that idea out of your pretty little head.

I had zero to do with you getting banned. To say there was some kind of conspiracy between me and Ducky is just plain stupid. I dont even think about your dumb ass until I see you posting your ignorant crap. You have been banned everywhere. Is that me and Ducky's fault too? Leonard will get tired of you soon and you will be able to add this site to your list of sites you can no longer post on.

Yes I am on NPHA and PM. So what? So are a lot of folks on this board. If you hate PM and NPHA so bad why do you continue going on them and reading after you have been banned?

One last thing. Stop using my name in your posts. If Im active in the thread then thats fine. You didnt even know I was a member of this site and you was bashing me, same way with your thread about Tony. Thats chicken chit.

Posts: 42 | From: United States | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 07:04 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh ya, you're a little east of us but hunt here some and in Kansas too if I recall. Killed about 100 coyotes last year, use a 17 TAC and a decoy dog.

No wonder timmy's jealous of you.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
btech29
Member # 4148

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 07:12 AM      Profile for btech29           Edit/Delete Post 
Thats me Tom. I come hang with you Okie's from time to time. Im not good with names. Did I meet you at the expo or at the gun range get together?
Posts: 42 | From: United States | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mert Bargenquast
Member # 772

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 07:42 AM      Profile for Mert Bargenquast           Edit/Delete Post 
I use 27 gr. of Vitha N140 with 39 gr. Sierra Blitzkings. This is a load that I use on Marmots and is loaded a little light for the elevation. This is an extremely accurate load and will shoot in the 2's and 3's easily. I shoot a Cooper 21 Phoenix with a Bushnell Tactical scope. I use the same load in the .222 mag. with a 50 gr. bullet.

--------------------
Mert Bargenquast

Posts: 40 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 08:25 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nothing wrong with haveing the caller right beside you..
As for the problem, you had the remote to close to the caller when you first tried it and burned out part of the reciever.. Human error...

so you're telling me that there's nothing wrong with having my caller right beside me,..................then you turn right around and tell me that it was human error to have the caller too close to the remote............fucking priceless....... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 10:31 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Btech, I'm Tom from the opha but we haven't met that I recall. I don't get on the opha much anymore.
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 11:17 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
You can have it next to you without doing damage to it. What I was saying is you must of tried useing it while the remote was less than a foot away.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 11:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if he's killing a hundred coyotes a year, we need to appoint him temporary honorary moderator of the predator hunting forum.

It's like everything else, folks. Even baby cockroaches are loved by momma cockroaches. Then, they eat 'em.

You boys can snipe at each other, but after a while, people get tired of it, or ignore it. I'm not cautioning anybody about anything. In fact, I like to toss comments at Tim myself, so it wouldn't be fair to tell others what to do.

In fact I'm thinking of appointing Tim moderator of the Minneesota Forum, in addition to his duties with the Consolidated Pinhead Forum.

Come on, Timmy, I'm just yanking your chain.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31526 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 12:34 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, if he's killing a hundred coyotes a year, we need to appoint him temporary honorary moderator of the predator hunting forum.

From 40 to a 100 coyotes a year thats quite a jump. Must be counting coyotes caught on film as a kill..LOL
Your right Leonard lets get back to bashing TT or chat about bullets.. [Wink]

--------------------

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2012 08:29 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I have only used the 35 Bergers in my 20 cals for predators. Seemed to work pretty well for me on a couple of cats and a few coyotes none and then.

H4895 has been my go-to powder for the 204Ruger with the 35's, But my Shilen barreled 204 likes Benchmark. Go-figure...

However, I think I am going back to the 17's with a 30gr bullet. I like my 17-204, it is my new favorite next to my 22-250 AI.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2013 10:43 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Small update, I haven't loaded a shell for this thing yet, it likes the Hornady 40 gr Vmax. Puts em into 1/2" groups so I figured I'd try em, pretty good on coyotes but too much on cats.
 -
 -
And I swore I was gonna use an AR more this year...

[ January 17, 2013, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: TOM64 ]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2013 12:18 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't see the other side of the cats Tom. but from what I do see they did'nt do too bad..

--------------------

Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2013 03:03 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
I have only used the 32 gr. vmax in mine. Have shot about 35 coyotes with and a couple of cats with no problems. I use 30.5 gr. BL-C2. I have a couple boxes of the berger 35's but have not loaded any yet.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2013 07:27 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was shooting my 204 ruger I used the 35 grain Bergers that had a B.C of .191 marked on the box.Now the boxes are marked with a B.C of .176 haven't tried them. I did manage to kill a couple hundred Coyotes using the 35 grain bullet and H4895.Great little setup for sure.....

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1645 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2013 08:29 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
good to see somebody is killing some cats,cause I dang sure aint.
Only called one since Dec 1st.

Hunting a local contest tomorrow that counts cats as 2 coyotes. Hope I can gather a couple.

Stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters