The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Remington's response to CNBC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remington's response to CNBC
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2011 12:43 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_KVS1hIbQg

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting yet predictable response, lots of lawyers and experts involved. It sounds as if you should clean your 700 after each use. I guess we have both sides of the story but I wonder what the truth is.

BTW Lance your sig lines are awesome. LOL

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Knows what it's all about
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2011 02:11 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
makes me appreciate my small collection of Rem. 788's. damn fine guns, safe and great shooters.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2011 02:36 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I've used Jack Belk's services before. He was/is the gunsmith expert talking about the Rem trigger design flaws. He is one hell of a gunsmith and was the president of the American Gunsmithing guild. He also taught at the Colorado School of trades, (I think that is what it's called).

Who you believe is up to you. I know of at least one person here, told me he had an accidental discharge with his Rem 700. I don't know why it happened, and don't claim too.

Too bad that improper firearms safety wasn't used in the Barber and other case with the deaths.

I wonder how many people actually take their rifle out of the stock and clean the trigger group?

Most people I talk to about this just clean the bore periodically and perhaps lube the outside.

[ March 13, 2011, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2011 03:59 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
I clean mine every 6 months with compressed air and Q tips.

Remington made a good case as to the MSNBC report that I will give them.

The gun just going off on camera multiple times, seems set up to me. Betting that trigger had major work done to make it so.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2011 04:37 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought my first 700 in 1977 after my dad passed away.

It simply has the best trigger of any out of the box rifle I have owned. I am no expert by any means, but it is nice.

I have hesitated to send my rifle back to Remington for the safety repair as I have heard they replace the old triggers. I have never had one issue with that rifle, and feel very comfortable with it.

I have seen snippets of the CNBC report with the guy talking about his wife shooting their son, I think...Seems like maybe one of the big 4 gun safety rules were violated??

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2011 04:45 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Booger, for the safety "fix" locate the arm on the safety that blocks the bolt and cut it off so you can open the bolt with the safety on.

My dad had an AD with his old 700, I did this to his afterward and found enough crud that once was gun oil in the trigger that could easily slowed or held the sear. Fortunatley he just winged his truck.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters