The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » New E-caller on the market (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: New E-caller on the market
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 10:28 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
never said that they hadn't been heard before, but they sure as heck aren't available on any calls, any where.

[ August 11, 2016, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: TRnCO ]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 10:37 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
So, when will the unwashed masses be able to buy this caller?
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 10:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just thinking that it's a progression. At one time cottontail 101C was a killer sound until it was beat to death. So later we have everybody playing with their Foxpro sounds while being criminally careless about their downwind and their approach, while chitchatting and thereby educating every coyote in the county, by the time he spent all day, etc.

So now, Foxpro's no good, the sounds are worn out, they have been loudly overused and now we need Rick the Savior with his new secret sounds.

The point is, it's never enough for all these spoiled brats. You have to hand it to them on a silver platter.

I'll tell you one thing. Before the popularity explosion, I could play the same 6 sounds for 20 years and as long as you kill the damned coyote, they never smartened up. Not until these idiots started playing their Foxpro on the hood of their truck while they casually smoked a cigarette, sitting on the tailgate. Next thing you know, these sounds ain't worth a shit!

When I owned the whole state and neighboring states, I never worried about tape quality. Now, it requires studio quality, or the coyotes won't come and you are wasting your time. Time passes and now the hot ticket is vocals. Well guess what folks. You can still fuck up coyote vocals with sloppy stand behavior.

People are lazy and the "learning curve" is getting shorter all the time. Pretty soon, magic sounds won't be enough. The problem is, this new breed of coyote hunter is nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats. End of rant!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: one day, the newest sound will be total silence.The coyotes will be so curious about what's making all that quiet out there, they will have to come check it out. I think a solution would be to license these NIMRODS. That's our problem, too many dipshit coyote callers out there. You guys think I'm kidding, don't you? We are our own worst enemy, fuking it up for everybody. Magic sounds will not be the solution for very long. The's no solution. E callers is the problem, too many instant experts out in the weeds.

[ August 11, 2016, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 11:39 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
That was very well said Leonard. I couldn't agree more.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 12:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, as well. Then again, I've often times said that less can be more and being quiet can sometimes be the ticket to get one to step out.

[ August 11, 2016, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 01:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I will tell all y'all's, that I have watched coyotes actually run the other way, the second I turn on a Foxpro. Partner had the caller and I am sitting quite some distance away, in a good position to observe what happened. Coyote not only doesn't know that partner is where he is, nor that I am where I am. Coyote right away runs in the opposite direction, towards the nearest elevation where he can get up there and scan the whole area. These coyotes have been mishandled and are suspicious of any sound, even the old reliable hand calls.

Why is that? Because, even if it's private property, the owner is an idiot with a Foxpro and he is educating every damned coyote on his property. So, he thinks a good response is when he spots a coyote that was hunkered down in a cozy little wash and by chance, notices a coyote actually running straight away from the caller.

You can't fix stupid! These guys have a $600 machine that flushes coyotes out of their hiding places so that he can bang away as they high tail it for the ridge line!

Disgusting. It really is. But if he buys these new "magic vocals" things will change. Not when you think the secret to hunting coyotes is a new machine without a friggin' clue as to how to use it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 04:56 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Caller (latest electronics), tripod (to get the sound nice and loud), decoy (reminds me of lures designed to catch fishermen) and finally a video camera? Seriously?

As one who's seen a guy call from his truck with his FoxPro, drive a little further and call again, probably with a GoPro on his hat, I'm delighted to see a new caller that will fit right in to this market full of look at me, spoon fed, impatient "hunters" out there.

I guess I'm getting old. But I did get FoxBang added to my CS24 this summer so maybe not...

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 05:20 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
(Sigh)....boys and their toys. And I want one!
Mark

[ August 11, 2016, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2016 07:18 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So...........with this new call to end all calls soon to be on the market, I can expect to start seeing some barely used FoxPros on EBay going for about $40 each ????

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 06:17 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
When somebody comes out with an e-caller that can produce a believable holographic image of a mouse, rabbit, bird, and coyote all at the push of a button, I'm all in.

Just make sure the remote can be easily operated with gloves on and the price is under $300... Oh, it's gotta be a camo pattern of some flavor also.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 06:40 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a great idea : ) And a snow cone maker as well!
Mark

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 07:15 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Good thinkin' !! I'd like things to be more convenient, maybe a heater for winter ?

I sure wish I could find a pizza joint that would deliver while out there. Packing a cold lunch is a pain..(sigh)

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 07:21 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Lone Howl, my friend, don't get sidetracked here by unnecessary bells and whistles...

You need to be thinking knife sharpener and ammo carrier... Something every serious hunter needs on an e-call for sure.

Keep your eye on the prize!

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 08:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well Hell..........
If it's got a video monitor and it rotates.......
replace the decoy controls with a solenoid on the shotgun's trigger and I can go back and sit in the truck and watch on a monitor from there. When the coyote comes in, press `trigger` & hit `send`.

Laugh now..........and wait. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 12, 2016 08:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as we are wishing; would it be too much to ask for a Starbucks dispenser. I mean, sometimes, it's cold and you really could use a latte' while you are awaiting the arrival. The pizza idea is okay for lunchtime, but at the crack of dawn, wouldn't you really want your latte' on the tripod? I know I would. If somebody suggests a Double/Double, that's really sick.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: BTW "he who shall not be mentioned" has weighed in on the subject, if only to poo poo Lance's credentials.

[ August 12, 2016, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 08:28 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL..all joking aside...I really am going to buy one I think.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 08:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
but, still wondering the price? Or is money no object?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 09:10 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the ad I saw, mentioned a price point of $399.00?
Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 09:36 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats what I saw as well.

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 09:38 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has any extra cash laying around, please send.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 12, 2016 11:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, BS, that's a trivial amount for secret sounds! The experts amongst us, that's little more than chump change. Think about it, they should get $599 minimum, for sounds of this quality.

He who shall not be named asks/whines:? 360 degrees? That's bogus, nobody does, at least I don't? Lance? Who?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 05:15 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm okay with his opinion, LB. Funny that you would use the term "poo poo" when referring to it, since that's what it's worth.

I was gonna suggest to Rick that the next upgrade be a reloading unit. Shoot, police brass, slide into slot and it immediately reloads the shell and drops it into a small slot for later retrieval.

Yeah, Poo Poo's been offering up sage advice behind the scenes to others. Still a dip shit.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2016 07:06 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2016 07:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah? Well, he has a lot more to say. I should set up a private channel, maybe charge admission?

He, (popo) especially wants Lance to justify the 360 degree sound, (and it's my guess) this latest innovation, policing up brass. which does seem a little radical?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2016 12:10 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm....the camera needs to be able to pan 360 without the call. You know, so I can film all the coyotes that roll up behind me....cause you know...my setups aint right. Sarcasm included.
Mark

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters