The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » African pics (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: African pics
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 11, 2014 01:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Az
Don't miss the Colorado river , I have hiked the Grand Canyon from the north rim to the south rim and stayed at the Phantom ranch great adventure , but the best was putting in at Lees Ferry and rafting down to Bright Angel trail and hiking out that was a three day affair or you can continue for another two days and take out at Mead with no hike out. If you do the hike out be prepared its a ten mile stair case.

[ September 11, 2014, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 11, 2014 07:48 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I'd rather hike down to the River and catch a raft out.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 11, 2014 08:45 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
AZ, don't know what kind of experience you have at the helm, but the small vessel voyage you described could turn into a helluvalot more trouble, than pleasure.
I'm a USCG licensed captain, and have been up & down the East Coast, as far as Ft. Pierce, FL, navigated up/down the ICW, yadda yadda, and can tell ya that long distance boating ain't all fun & scenery. Lots of work, lots of PM, boats seem to have a knack for breakin' all kinds of shit. Then you have weather, weather, and weather to deal with...

Take the cruise!

[ September 11, 2014, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 11, 2014 09:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the above advice from Fred is exactly what I was thinking, but didn't say in my initial reply. Add to that, once you have seen one glacier, and one orca....

But, that's a hell of a risky investment to save three grand. I have done enough boating to tell you the whole thing is risky if you have never done it. New boat, unknown condition regardless of the survey, anything can happen, especially in the middle of the night.

New boats are pricy, used boats are a dime a dozen, and there goes your investment. You and a hundred thousand other hopeful boat owners, just look at what's available and how long they have been "available".

Short answer: bad idea.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JeremyKS
Knows what it's all about
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2014 05:40 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool trip Q!
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters