The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » The New Huntmastersbbs!2:Next falls crop....your thoughts? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The New Huntmastersbbs!2:Next falls crop....your thoughts?
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2014 12:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
GASP !!!!

Are you implying that the big brain / skinny arms folks that work tirelessly to provide us data are NOT omnipotent ????

After all, they ARE scientists, you know.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2014 01:34 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Open pasture country WMC. No open unfenced range here. Most of the operations here do range lamb. I used to work in a neighboring county that had an extensive trail system to and from summer and winter ranges and it is a whole different challenge to stay ahead of the sheep and where they are going. It is completely different working with herders and guard dogs and trying to keep track of where everyone is or is headed. The open pasture country is easier most of the time. We do have some huge pastures with some producers. Some in the dozens of sections in one pasture, but still in a pasture.

[ March 09, 2014, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: 3 Toes ]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2014 05:16 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Short rehash of Knowlton's re-re-visiting of population dynamics:

http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1025&context=coyotesw

I've got copies of the others somewhere. Been a long time since I looked at any of this stuff though.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2014 12:10 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I read you post twice and agree with most everything it said. I wasn't around in the 80's to decide on the study results for that period but personally think (Guess) that the info is probably correct because the prior years and post years seemed accurate.
Awhile back there was a question about "what do you call a group of coyotes? I can think of a couple of names. Clans, Families, Packs, Groups, Hood Rats, clubs, etc. The mention of banner years of rabbit cycles out west is something I am convinced of having an effect on Coyote numbers. The Drought years comments is another thing I agree with. Thanks for posting the study.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2014 03:33 AM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to post on the "coyotes choosing to have more pups" but Cal and Scott posted exactly what I was going to say and said it better.

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters