The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hi from the high country!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi from the high country!
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2017 05:07 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Boy are these tall peaks ever white for this time of year. Haven't seen this type of snow probably in 40 plus years. Hearing a couple of passes have some good snow sitting in them. One had 18" another has 15, this is November type snows. I'm loving it!

The place looks like no one has been here very much but we kept all the new plantings alive and growing that is all that matters.
Have a great day.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2017 01:13 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
And remember..............
If it gets too cold, you can always sit in a corner.
It's 90*
|
|
|________

That's an acute joke !!!!!
BwaaaHaaaaHaaaaa!!!!!
I crack myself up sometimes.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2017 04:14 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Not in the new house.
It's so well insulated that there always seems to be a window open somewhere. Small house counting the garage is 671 sq.ft. Easy to clean easy to live in.
Sure beats this old 70's mobile home that is falling down around our heads. I may be in a tent the last year of work this poor old thing has been lived in to it's death.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2017 07:39 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've always fount it strange that people live in 2000 squ ft homes w/ 900 squ ft work-shops when what we REALLY need is a 900 squ ft home with a 2000 squ ft workshop.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2017 07:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I once spent the night in an old abandoned mobile home in the middle of nowhere, just for shelter, there was no glass left. Slept on the floor, (eek) and it was noisy with the pitter patter of tiny feet, near and far. But, it slowed the wind; all in all, quite cozy, but I kept my boots on. Some people like 'em?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2017 08:46 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, you obviously have not seen enough scary movies, or you wouldnt be doing that.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2017 09:38 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
L.H. Now that is funny.
If we weren't and hadn't lived in the one we're in now you couldn't drag me into it.
Yep you're right, other half's shop is almost bigger than the house. LOL

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2017 08:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was referring to RATS, not ghosts. I think?

They were under and over, but nothing actually chewed on my bag. Actually all these abandoned structures are scary. There's one up in Nevada made entirely out of railroad ties. I'll sleep in the truck, thank you. Maybe in a hurricane?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2017 08:27 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear your enjoying the new place. I bet it will be nice to be there full time ?
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2017 05:06 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't made it up often this summer.
Just spent 2 days up there and it was nice.
9 more days of work and I'm DONE!!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters