The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Dashcam Video: Philando Castile Shooting (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Dashcam Video: Philando Castile Shooting
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2017 06:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for providing this information, the author is a well respected gun writer.

However, I could easily file all of it under spin control, something to think about but we still never know? First I heard about a wide grip as the victim "pulls it out" while still indicating very strongly that the asshole never saw a gun!

Then too, I'm not sure if we were aware of the description of a robbery suspect before, because the getaway folks(turd) usually has the wife and kids along for the ride....right?

Oh yeah, the very strong smell of weed, which may in fact be entirely legal, but this cop has already formed an opinion. Total bullshit that he stopped him because of brake lights. Chances are good that he never saw brake lights until he turned on the bubble gum machine and THEN he noticed, "hey wow, no brake lights, there's my reason for the stop."

I'm wondering if; this poor shmuck had his wallet in the same pocket but beneath the gun? If so, what the hell could he do? I guess, get hammered five times because he was looking straight ahead, under the influence of weed? Maybe he was wondering how he was going to solve the predicament?

Yes, so 49 has a tribe and Huntmasters members generally belong to a slightly different tribe so (apparently) we think differently?

Yes, I agree that we have more to consider, but when push comes to shove, I really can't say I alter my original disgust and resulting opinion? As I have been saying all along, HE DIDN'T SEE A FUCKING GUN ! The best he can come up with is "a wider grip than normal for a wallet. Notice that we never hear about the contents of that pocket? Little things, (facts) like that are withheld, I have to wonder why? So they drag him out onto the street and pretend to do CPR and what happened to the wallet? Where's the gun? More BS information, and it still boils down to an innocent citizen dead by a trigger happy cop....here's $3 million to keep quiet about this little fuckup.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2017 09:25 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Leonard, I like to think I am part of two tribes...

1. My LE tribe.

2. My gun toting second amendment redneck tribe.

Is it possible to be part of both? I dunno...you tell me.

As I have said, I didn't change my stance on this incident, in spite of what Mas wrote (and I know Mas from the forums and respect him greatly).

I think what I was trying to show, was that there are two sides to every story, with different viewpoints and feelings.

I try to identify with both tribes here. I am trying to be honest with all of you, and mostly honest with myself.

Anyhow, I will submit that LB will have the last word.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2017 07:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
49, I truly appreciate your candor and opinions. Thanks for allowing me the last word, which is something I'm not particularly interested in having but it goes along with how I run this outfit and to keep the dialogue rolling, such as it is.

Anyway, regarding the foot in two camps thing, as a member of a certain tribe, as it is portrayed here. In my opinion, a cop is a different animal, cannot belong to any other "Tribe" when push comes to shove. There is something in their makeup that makes them gravitate towards other cops, usually the only true friends they ever have, except from family and they always manage to keep relatives at arms length.

So, the fact that you have a difference of opinion with how procedures were followed doesn't mean, for a minute, that you stepped out of your tribal affiliation. All you managed to say was pretty much, "he was wrong, I would have handled it differently."

Now, whereas, I have an opinion that justice was not served and the cop should have gone to prison, a member of the other tribe manages to say that the officer handled the stop wrong. As if that is coming down hard, on a major fuckup that cost a man his life.

But, I understand, it's in your DNA. Look, you're a big boy so don't think I'm picking on you for your opinion. I'm just saying, you really can't condemn a brother officer, even when he is blazing away into a vehicle with three innocent citizens who were minding their own business five minutes ago. He's the one with the bulletproof vest and the one authorized the use of deadly force, yet he is acting and reacting like he is surrounded by 15 gangbangers who just got out of prison! No need whatsoever for the way this asshole handled a not uncommon situation. Our friend, Nick has handled it, the same thing, calmly and professionally, on a number of occasions. No reason, that I can see for the freakout, but hey, I didn't see the "wide grip."

This little episode clearly demonstrates the bunker mentality, on the street and here on Huntmasters. When you are a cop; YOU ARE ALL IN. Remember, we love ya, and don't take this shit personal, K?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2017 11:13 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
No offense taken Leonard.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2017 12:55 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Question;
Was the 'bad guy' right or left handed ????

If he was left handed, as I am, drawing and firing at an officer who would normally be standing a bit rearward would be almost impossible.

If he was right handed, the seat and his body would have blocked line of sight for the officer until the weapon was brought out and around.

Either way, the whole thing stinks for all concerned.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2017 04:25 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Mossad Ayoob has a good video on how to behave when pulled over while carrying with a CCW. First hand your CCW to the officer with your driver's license when he gets to your door. Tell him where your weapon is and ask the officer how he wants you to proceed. I keep my CCW permit with my driver's license.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1927 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters