The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » EO Tech class action?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EO Tech class action?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted March 24, 2017 07:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just became aware of a possible defect that might affect my Model 552 holographic sight?

Does anybody know the terms and conditions of the settlement? I bought mine second hand, no receipt? But if the "sights" or the projected image drifts from the zero, in cold weather conditions, that's kind of a big deal. I don't even know if they are offering to fix it or just a rebate type of settlement?

I heard about Model 512, didn't seem to specifically include the 552 infrared?

Anybody?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2017 07:23 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
LB,
Just saw something on a website indicating that the class action participants needed to apply for some type of reimbursement by May 23rd.

I believe the website was www.fostersettlement.com..

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2017 11:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that supposed to be a link or what? I can't make it work?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2017 12:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I just read all about it. And, it's a bit of a pickle.

On the one hand, I can keep the site and receive somewhere between $25 and $100, depending on the retail value of the particular Model.

Or, I can send it to them and receive a refund for the full purchase price. In my case, the Mod. 552 lists for between $550 and $600. The problem is, they say they have no idea when the settlement will be finalized, therefore I could be waiting a year or longer for a refund, and in the meantime, there was nothing said about a "Loaner".

As was mentioned, I have to submit a claim before May 23. As of right now, I don't know what to do? So, that kind of prevents me from filing a claim until I know.

One other thing. I don't have to provide a receipt, which is good because I bought it from a private party.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 05:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out the requirement is that they must be purchased between 2005 and 2017. I bought mine from a private party and looked at the bottom and it says mfg. May 2003. I think that might mean I'm SOL?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2018 09:53 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Another SOL chump here. I didn't know about this class action suit. I bought another XPS2-0 back in September to replace my old one (lost in a fire). My new sight was manufactured in Nov 2015 and was old stock sitting on my local gun shop's shelf. I did get the $75 rebate though. I use it on my shotgun so maybe the wandering point of impact problem won't be as noticeable as it would with a rifle.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2018 08:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda where I'm at. All I have to be aware of is that if I choose to use my device in cold weather, there exists a possibility that it's accuracy might be, (umm?) hit or miss? I will watch the thermometer and plan accordingly.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2018 08:37 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, the thermal shift is there even in Aimpoints. They got sued because they claimed in writing it wasn't affected. And the temperature range was -40 to +120 degrees to see the biggest shift.

I bought a new EXPS2-0 on black Friday and have checked it from 15 degrees to 75 and found no zero shift at all. L3 the owner of Eo-Tech sent in a bunch of engineers and revamped the whole line, eliminating any issues that were present before.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2018 08:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. I have been wondering if there might be some type of retro fit, available for my 552? Even if there was a charge? Of course there would be a charge but you know, if all it amounted to was plugging in a different chip or something? I guess I could ask? Maybe I will just sell it for what I can get out of it, it's not like it gets heavy use, I'm just not much of a shotgunner.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Okieland is looking a lot better to me, it's moved into the #2 position behind AZ for moving to, except they don't have as much public land. I would have to learn to talk through my nose like Daddy Dave.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters