The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Is this true? and is it enforced?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this true? and is it enforced?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted November 15, 2023 11:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.aol.com/news/mother-boy-6-shot-teacher-050925445.html

I don't do drugs of any kind, I might have an occasional Margarita with a Mexican dinner at a Mexican restaurant, or even a Pacificico. But that's the extent of my involvement with mind altering substances.

Using a little weed would bar a whole shitload of people from owning guns. This can't be the situation? Can it? What about it, ko ko?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ November 15, 2023, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31447 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2023 01:37 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
As I recollect it is still a Federal offence and a felony and as long as it is a felony on the federal level it is against the law to be in possession of a firearm. No matter what the States do. I have always in the past told my friends that smoke pot and wanted to get a medical marijuana card for their state that as long as it still is a Federal offence they could be put in jail and lose their right to own a firearm. I imagine it is selective enforcement by the Feds and if you do smoke pot in a state where it is legal not to do it on any federal lands.
I may be wrong but than again I might be right.
Kinda like those guys that tell you about shooting like Magpies or whatever that all birds are Federally protected except for game birds that are regulated. English Sparrows,Rock Dove(barn pigeons) and Starlings are not protected birds on our treaties with other nations. So don't advertise that great shot on a Magpie and think about those pot laws also.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2023 01:41 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to add that you can be prosecuted by BOTH state and Federal entities if the law is both a Federal and State law. Kinda like we will fuck you one way or the other.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2023 06:32 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends where you look, its kind of like booze and guns dont go together so be same for pot, at least when out and about. Booze and driving is no no same would be for pot. If a company has a rule against drugs pot is still included and a no no even though its legal to smoke. My company takes random drug tests all season, no drugs and no pot and you better be sober as booze is on the list as well. Piss in a jar or blow into a breathalyzer.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5061 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2023 08:26 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
How much ammo you need for defense or protection? I came across a clip of a Navy seal talking about how much ammo does a guy need and his reply not as much as you would think and many people carry way too much ammo. His claim is all you need is about 40-100 for rifle and about half that for pistol. Reason being is you don't want to fight it out with an intruder or bad guy if you can avoid it. Lay down some cover fire and get the hell out of dodge period! Sure in your home you may need more to defend it but once again get the hell out of there if you can. His claim if you plan to carry more than that is cause you are going to a fight as a civilian you not, just trying to get away from it. food for thought.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2023 09:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, Tim?

I give a man who is a qualified Navy Seal much credit for his accomplishments.

But, as far as advice about how much ammo a man needs? I would just as soon take the advice of the guy across the street, and he is pulling his opinion out of his ass exactly like some Navy Seal who, who knows? The fucker could even be a fucking Liberal! Are you going to take ammo storage advice from a fucking Liberal?

Then there are opinions, never ending about weak springs in magazines. How much and what for? Then there are experts that pontificate about ammo going bad, like it has an expiration date? As I understand, but have no precise knowledge: Police Departments issue "fresh ammo" maybe because it's not used up at the range, but there are policies where they worry that your carry ammo could go sour, like your half and half, even if properly refrigerated.

Well, guess what? I have both theories in progress right now! I have mentioned that, first, I haven't fired my AR15 in 20/25 years! Also, I used range brass and reloaded nine (9) 30 round government issue magazines with match bullets that were less than perfection in my 220Swift, but good enough for coyotes.

Well, there they sit, 9 magazines, each with 30 rounds and they have been testing the springs for 25 years so far. And, I could fire every last one, 270 rounds and document how many failure to feed from the magazine and how many failure to fire reloaded cartridges? Will somebody bet me a thousand bucks that less than 1% will fail? That's 2.7 cartridges.

How about the springs? What will happen? Nothing? Or will they stop feeding? Or will the springs go soft? Or will springs break? For all the worry about weak springs, how many testimonials can you remember about actual springs that actually failed?

As far as I am concerned, I have utmost confidence in loaded cartridges. I do hear about range ammo that have a primer inserted upside down, and of course, they don't fire. But how many times has ammo failed, for component reasons? Yes, a semi auto pistol can have various failures, from stove pipe to not going into battery, etc. but how many centerfire cartridges have you heard about that were a genuine dud? The most common I have heard of is weak firing pin strike and if so, they usually go bang the next time.

Anyway, I think these expert advice testimonials are not strong. And best taken with a grain of salt. Just like my advice, delivered with 50 years of experience, take it or leave it.

Oh, and when it comes to handloads in bolt action rifles, I am still running perfection, I've never had a cartridge I loaded, fail to fire, ever. And I do not use factory ammunition, ever! I can't think of ever purchasing factory rifle ammunition. Almost every rifle I own has never seen a factory round, unless it fires a handgun cartridge, like 44Mag etc.

I buy factory handgun ammo and I reload all of them except 25ACP. Anyway, don't take my word for it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2023 10:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno .......... When it comes to ammo(bullets or arrows) too much is still enough but not enough is bad. Really bad. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2023 02:16 PM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
You can never have too much ammo. If the shit hits the fan, its good trading material. I'm not running from anyone, whether its a mob or just one asshole trying to take my stuff.
Posts: 41 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2023 02:52 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
not running but backing away. Whats the point in going head-to-head when there is a 50/50 chance you going to lose and all for what some ego boost. Family different story though. And Leonard I wasn't talking about stock piling ammo at home but what would one carry in handbag or what have you when away from home.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2023 11:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok? Okay, you mean actually how much ammo to carry on your person? Not how much to keep on hand in storage, to stockpile incase things get unavailable, in the future.

In that case, I don't necessarily agree, but if someone wants to lug that much ammo on his person, that's a personal decision. It's misguided to think that every day you might encounter a shootout and thus, be prepared, like a BoyScout. BUT, 40-100 rifle rounds carried on your person, with a rifle slung on your back? And half that for your handgun?

Still, you decide, but that's rather weird advice, in my opinion?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ November 17, 2023, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2023 04:07 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
not necessarily on a person but in a grab bag of some sort, something you lug in and out the house to the car. believe it or not some carry their stockpile if you will wherever they go. While in the service protecting nukes all each guy carried was six 30 round mags for AR, and m60 gunner carried one full can of ammo and we didn't have a choice of running or staying, we had to stay, thus a little extra ammo till back up arrived.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2023 07:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah right, for when the balloon goes up! That's what we used to say in the Brown Boot Army. Means an alert! At that point, we would dress in combat gear, check out a weapon from the Arms Room and go to the motor pool and unlock your vehicle. I had a jeep, and secured with just a chain and lock around the steering wheel. Then make it to the alert area in the woods with just blackout lights. Then just wait until morning when they called it off and they usually had quartermaster bring chow to the field, and supposedly, we all had our mess kits, but if not, there were no paper plates, we has to stack our food on slices of bread used as a plate.

By midmorning, we were back at company barracks.... unless it was the Berlin Crisis, and a that time we were issued ammo and they said to be very careful around German Nationals, keep weapons on them especially if they approached vehicles. We more or less suspected at least half of them were communists. Or Nazi's.

Those were the days. Down Memory Lane with El Bee.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2023 11:59 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, You mentioned there might be a liberal navy seal. Well, I know of one. His name is Kim Crumbo. He wanted ARs banned. He fought to close down roads in National Monuments, and wanted Wolves to be placed in our National Forests.

I was at an outdoor expo when I came across a booth for Hatch River Guides. I asked the young lady if she knew Kim Crumbo. She smiled and politely said yes. I blurted out "I think he is a total ass"! She quickly replied oh yes, we do too! He tried to shut down our motorized float trips in the Grand Canyon. We won buy bringing in handicapped customers in wheelchairs. These customers said if you pass this rule you lock us out. The rule died. I was told by this lady he was jogging along the rim of the Grand Canyon and was attacked by a mama elk. My response to the lady was that the elk probably wanted to kick his ass for wanting to transplant wolves in her forest.

It turns out Kim is missing.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/11/15/what-happened-kim-crumbo/

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2023 09:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OK thanks. I didn't know him, but going against type is understandable from time to time. I can't remember who, but there was a well known actor in westerns who couldn't ride a horse for shit; stuff like that. Being known for one thing and then something comes out that he can't really fight, or hit a baseball or what have you? Like, I'm not much of a wingshot, you might say no better than average, but a pretty steady shot on game, I had an unbroken one shot kills on Safari, for example. Like, Victor has witnessed my only missed coyotes, both of them. Really bothers me, too!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters