The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tred Barta

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tred Barta
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2019 03:10 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw on TradGang that Tred Barta has passed away. Something to do with an auto accident. One tough s.o.b & one that I looked to for inspiration.
R.I.P.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2019 03:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, if true, that's a shame. He seemed like a nice fella.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2019 09:01 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
One hellauva guy and a real inspiration through all of his adversity he never stopped being a sportsman of the first order !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2019 09:04 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I just fact checked Tred Barta is not dead !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2019 09:40 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Any details ???
Every place I've checked still has him deceased in an auto accident in Canada. [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2019 01:26 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
A google-foo search says he is deceased.

Tred Barta

Also on wikipedia

Tred Barta

[ August 13, 2019, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Semp ]

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2019 03:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what to think I checked two search engines that said still living and now Semp's link that clearly has him deceased .

--------------------

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2019 04:57 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone edited the wikipedia entry to remove the date of his passing. But here's his website notice:

Tred Barta

Another edit: Someone added his passing date again as August 12. I don't know who or how those wikipedia entries get changed.

[ August 14, 2019, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Semp ]

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2019 06:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I never did have a great deal of faith in MEDIA, in general. Sometimes, you cannot determine truth from fiction and this seems to be one of the times?

The question that occurs to me is, if this factual report is false, why would somebody do it? Sometimes, false information is given and spread for no good reason, by evil people.

Where do we go to get truth? Damned if I know? Networks? That's a friggin' joke, right there! Sometimes I think that nothing you see on the news is true, with Liberals in charge of disseminating truth and accurate information.

A little thing like a obituary or death notice can be fucked up and manipulated to the point where we don't know whether to shit or go blind! Here we have a simple thing, butt there are many important things and facts going on in the world and some are determined to obscure truth by every means.

Pretty sad situation. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2019 11:26 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
That's right Leonard we've been lied to our whole lives.

BTW: Epstein also committed suicide they say ?

Yeah right..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2019 12:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah?What does Q have to say about it?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2019 01:56 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Q~ forums are offline or disabled the last week or ten days.

Hmmm

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2019 04:12 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Having felt with local news media on fires over the years. Cut the story in half throw out every other word and you might have a 1% of the real truth when it comes to their stories.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2019 12:27 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
When I heard that Tred Barta had passed away I got on eBay and ordered "The Best & Worst Of Tred Barta" dvd. Got it today and have watched a bit of it. Well worth the coin, < $10 for a two disc set. Put it on your gift list and let somebody else buy it for you.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2019 05:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
His shows were legendary ! made his own sticks and bows and killed shit without camo for four hundred dollars, Ozonics scent , insect control. No battery operated bikes lol . How on earth was he successful ?
I have not had the outdoor channel for a few years and just switched to Dish after being with Directv for over twenty years ( ATT fucks everything they touch ) I cant believe the amount of new and special products I need to hunt ! My dad took me hunting at age four in red flannel and jeans in an old Willy's from military surplus it got us there and back. we always had rabbit for Sunday dinner and deer in season ! TRED WAS DA MAN!

[ August 17, 2019, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters