The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Service Animals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Service Animals
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 05:46 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I had always assumed a "Service Animal" meant a seeing eye dog, and have never given a thought to the matter when I would see a blind individual enter any type of establishment with their dog. It's perfectly acceptable and necessary to my mind.
What I am confused about is the huge increase of animals I see in various stores and businesses wearing a blue jacket and appear to have to no essential reason of being in there other than the owner wants their pet with them?
Two days ago, I saw one that tops any example I've seen to date. I was coming out of our local Lowes, strolling in was a young lady, leading in what I presume to be her service pony, this wasn't a miniature horse, it was a pony. Damned thing had a little jacket, leash, and a shit bag attached to its ass end.

Couple months ago before I headed to Az, was in local Walmart, and it was a fat lady getting out of her van, settling into her fat lady electric aisle clogger, with a great Dane that weighed more than I do, and in they both went.....whats with all the pets in places they used to run you out of if you even thought of taking in your pet?

Posts: 1634 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 06:25 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the term is "comfort pets"

And from what I hear is you go to your doc and say something stresses you out like flying, being in public, or on college campuses, taking a test. Your pet snake, duck, dog, whatever would make you calm down.

The doc will write you a release saying you need your pet duck with you on the plane or else you will stress out.

My kid is in college and he has seen all kinds of crazy bullshit in classes because some snowflake needs to be a little more special than the other students and can't deal with normal life.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 07:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Prob a kalifornia thing?

Although, I have not seen it here? Still, sounds like something originated in The Land of The Fruits and The Nuts? I draw the line just past goats. If it's a goat, it's ok, but not to eat! That's disgusting!

Are goats potty trained? I have heard that a potbelly pig can be house broke which is better than most poodles. I know horses will crap in one corner of a corral and appreciate a privacy screen of some kind?

I had an Iguana (left with me by a grandson) (the one's that are taking over Florida) and had a hard time keeping him from crapping on the tile of the spa, I had to block it off so he couldn't get around it. Other than that, he would come up to the slider and scratch to get in so he could sleep in the aviary with Pinky. He went in the neighbors yard once and crossed the street once but otherwise, actually well behaved. Would make a half way decent service animal, I think?

I just remembered, he would climb up on the sofa and try to get in a painting hanging behind it, a French Impressionist/English Garden type of landscape. He was convinced that painting was real. It sounds like he had the run of the house, but I assure y'all, that was not the case!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31500 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 10:46 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes eating goats is disgusting !!

I don't know if you could get little goats like mine house trained or not. If you had the time it might be possible ? I think it would be more like letting them out every hour or two ?

I think the biggest problem would be keeping them off the counters & dinner table.

Mine are plenty affectionate, kinda like dogs.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 05:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking, when I move to AZ. Do those goats stink? I always heard billygoats have a pretty rank odor, the sexual kind. So Dave, do you have Nanny goats? Is that the smart call?

Good hunting. El Bee

ALL RIGHT, I HEARD THAT! WHO WAS SNICKERING WHEN I SAID; "when I move to AZ"

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 07:00 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I had my male banded, they call 'em wethers.

My female is intact, he humps her when she's in heat. No big deal. He don't know..Lol

My goats. Pygmy's don't stink at all. I'm only a goat owner a little over two years, so that's what I know ?

Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 08:56 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read an article yesterday that 21 states are cracking down on fake service animals, in Az it’s a 250$ fine and a misdemeanor.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 10:34 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a good idea before some dip-stick claims his poorly trained pit bull is a 'comfort pet' or some such b.s. and it bites a kid in the self-checkout lane somewhere.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7595 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2018 04:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What do they eat, Dave? Legend has it, they eat everything up to and including tin cans. My son's girlfriend had/has goats and horses and a Aberdeen cow. They had to use extreme diligence to keep the damned goats out of that premium alfalfa. Does Purina make a goat chow? Or are they content with stripping the bark off the trees?

I bet Vic knows this shit?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2018 07:38 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I feed as a staple what everybody calls All Stock. The bag will say something like multi purpose feed.

If it says horses-cattle-goats-sheep your good to go. Purina makes it, most farm-ranch stores will have a generic version which is just fine.

As far as hay goes grass hay is the best. It's hard to find though. Alfalfa is ok, but a little goes a long way. Goats just like to eat the leaves off it & not the stems.

If you only have a few goats you can buy like an orchard grass mix by the bale, say @ Tractor Supply. I throw a little alfalfa over the fence mostly when it's cold.

(edit) I also toss my weeds over the fence. I'm always pulling kosha weeds around the barn. I have some leafy type bushes/shrubs ? that need trimmed maybe today. I'll toss those over & they love it. Went over to the neighbors last night & pulled a bunch of corn stalks. The goats & steers gobbled 'em right up !!

[ August 05, 2018, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2018 06:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Mature billy's stink like hell mine was never within 500 ft. of the dairy barn they pee on themselves to be more attractive to the ladies.
If they get near the milkers the smell fouls the milk.

[ August 06, 2018, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters