The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Looking for that hunting challenge of a lifetime?... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Looking for that hunting challenge of a lifetime?...
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2018 07:18 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
I am still laughing about Lone Howl trying to figure out that sketchy uphill shot.

If they are filming, I'm guessing they will edit-out the part where the kids scatter shelled corn in front of the blind?

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2018 07:24 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to dig for some pics of my goats up on the roof of the pickup. Don't hold your breath though, daughter moved out. I'm lost on that shit !!

Wish, I had more goats to help earthwalker.

As far as Tebbe goes. I'm not impressed. I'm working really hard on my temper. I have a lot, I would like to say.

I am Q`

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 04:55 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I meant it would be a challenging hunt with a bow or slingshot and the retrieval of the goat.

Goats are fun and entertaining and a royal pain in the ass.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 03, 2018 07:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So? Who's game?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 09:23 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
In all fairness to him, hes just trying to make a living I guess, its just smacks of canned hunting..even if its legal its silly, but..he must see a market. And there is a market Im sure.

Also, have to say, he has some good sounds to slap on your E-caller. Gotta give some credit.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 03, 2018 11:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
ATTENTION: All Red Blooded American Support Team,
re: soft hearted Liberal Attitude, code 3, red lights and siren! Porterville, People's Republik.
All available units respond STAT
10-4 out!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 11:28 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
My Kalifornia is showing? Dang it!
Mark

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 11:51 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rogue-goats-boise-idaho_us_5b6472bee4b0fd5c73d9111c

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 12:30 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Rogue Goats !! lock 'em up !!
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 02:14 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it was somebody on here, that has met
Tone and described him as "squirrely"

I'm thinking that description still holds very true.

I wonder how the PU is doing? Maybe tame goat hunt are easier to make a buck off of?

A free Ginsu knife with every hunt to sweeten the pot? It's all about marketing, from what I hear.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Asmith
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4636

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 02:17 PM      Profile for Asmith   Email Asmith         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought couple hand calls from him years ago and they work but all of them make noise but this is little far out there for me . I didn't think paying for predator hunting would go over but what the hell do I know lol .
Posts: 11 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2018 03:04 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
A six acre enclosure with a pop-up blind in the corner. It don't get any more canned than that.

If there is a market for such a thing, what a sad statement that sends to hunters.

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 05:09 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
A pop up in the corner that'll work when the goats are disturbed they will run the fence line , bingo challenge over !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 06:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't say where the feeder is located, next to the pop up blind?

While some of us would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, I seem to recall mistreated, chained up dogs fed nothing but coyote carcasses. This is an indicator, I personally will not cut him any slack, whatever he does. Anybody that does business with him, I suggest they beware!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 08:03 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet.....it will surprise you how many dummies wil go and hunt with him. The man got the gift of gab I'll give him that.

[ August 04, 2018, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 09:56 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you LB, Some people refer to Tebbe as the John-Henry of NewMex.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 01:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
snagged in my spam file:

Tony Tebbe tonytebbe@predatoruniversity.comHide
To nbosin nbosin@aol.com
A client notified me that some of your HM members don't think that we are running a legit operation. Let me tell you, these Rams present a more sporting hunt than those semi domesticated California coyotes that you're used to killing.

Our operation is 100% fair chase. Yes, we do have a high fence around the perimeter of the pasture, but that is to eliminate a wounded animal from escaping and later to die a cruel death.To maintain a humanely body condition on our herd, we do subsidize their grazing with grain. Heck, midwest trophy Whitetails have been known to snitch corn right out of the field, yet they're still considered WILDLIFE. Besides, it's archery only, no RIFLES!

Joe from Arizona, who has completed the North American Sheep Grand Slam told me that our hunt was more challenging than his Desert Bighorn tag that he filled last fall. Pete from Colorado, who has taken several B & C Elk says that our Rams make wild elk look like tame horses.

Let's take these lemons and make lemonade. T & C Rams is open for business and if any of your naysayer members want to hunt with us, we'll give them 10% off. That's a great deal on a very sporting hunt for great trophy Rams!

Thank you,

Tony Tebbe

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 04, 2018 01:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....and this, not sure who sent it though? Unsigned

The famous TT is still alive? Figured he be dead by now.. LOL Canned goats/rams is nothing new as its been going on in Texas for many years and there pens aren't much bigger than what TT has to offer.. Who would want to do a can hunt in the first place? Usually some gun/hunting buff that has little money for a big game hunt as they are in the thousands of dollars and the person has no place to hunt or not much for public land, yeah we all wish we lived in AZ. or similar where we could hunt most anywhere we wanted any day of the week but like some said its not so in other parts of the country.. I like DAA comment that if he had to ask for permission to hunt he wouldn't hunt, sounds like another free loader and one of the first to complain cause of the wild horses/mules or what have you.. LOL
If I remember correctly isn't Vic a Mormon? If so why isn't he still on the Res./ colony? AS for eating goats we leave it up to the Mexicans up in my part of the country. My brother in-laws son raises about 40 head of meat eating goats and no they not the black-bellied goats but hear they just as good to eat if that's what a person is into.. Thing with Mexicans or even Vic they put so much crap on the meat I doubt you could even taste the actual flavor of the meat and is why they can bare to eat the crap, bet a coyote would taste just as good to them as well if cooked the same..LOL

WE had a old guy that disappeared about a month or two ago, he parked his pick-up at a roadside rest/boat landing by a river and then disappeared. A big search was put on for him, Sherriff dep., K-9 dogs, Fire dep. and a bunch of locals and family. A few days back a guy and his kid are at the rest area and the guys kid gets out of the truck to go take a piss in the woods close by. The kid is taking a piss from behind a tree not far from where his dad is parked and spots a pistol laying on the ground close by and then a watch, billfold, clothes and finally some bones, Wo! this is getting scary.. Welp it turns out it was what was left of the old guy that turned out he shot himself.. The funny part is no one bothered to do a search for the guy close by to where he parked his pick-up.. Stupid!!!! I think they all thought the guy fell in the river when it was flooded due to all the rain we got at the time..
Oh and then we have some 9 yr. old kid playing on a swing and ends up hanging himself by accident. Suppose they will be removed from all the stores shortly due to being unsafe..LOL
As for the coyote howls while on stand I see some are on the same page and still some that are way out in left field and not sure why they even bother to walk out from there truck and try calling in the first place. All they doing is just skimming the cream off the top, most anyone can do that.. LOL

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 01:36 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Im glad we got all that straight.

All of you are so judgmental! All over a stupid goat!

I hope everyone at HM has learned something from all this.

Mark

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 03:30 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief, if that email was actually from Tone, it was funny as hell!

Seriously, it was worth several chuckles.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 04:58 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Our operation is 100% fair chase. Yes, we do have a high fence around the perimeter of the pasture
Would someone please define unfair chase??

quote:
our hunt was more challenging than his Desert Bighorn tag that he filled last fall
Probably because there were less acres involved.
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 05:45 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a "Pet and Shoot".

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 05:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but I got BUTT HURT by him claiming we got, " semi domesticated California coyotes' That remark is ridiculously inaccurate. And what the fuck does he know about it, anyway?

That alone should convince you that it's a true email. Sounds just like him, clueless. I never really got past his silly "Predator University". As far as I'm concerned, he's a friggin' rookie. He has no business claiming to have an enterprise, or business called Predator University. That's a lot of chutzpah, Tony!

HM must be special, a whopping 10% discount! Very tempting!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS but who's the mystery emailer, who shall not be named?

[ August 04, 2018, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 10:41 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]
I hope everyone at HM has learned something from all this.
Well maybe just a little. [Big Grin]
Looks like some one is keeping tabs on HM.
Ain't we special! [Cool]

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 11:53 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ………. Now that we've all had a chance to take a shot at Tony, I should probably mention that I've hunted goat and sheep on the Calif. off-shore islands. Catalina, Santa Cruz & San Clemente. All bowhunter's Paradise & a tough hunt. Good times & well worth the coin.
I've also hunted 'put & take' pheasant operations.
Rather sporty with the bow, the dogs seemed to have a good time and the other gunners were highly amused & cheered when I connected with a bird in the air. Again, good times & worth the coin.
Now, the 'You kill-em Game Ranches'. Been to a couple of them. They can run anywhere from sporty to 'Let's get the fuck out of here right now.'
One in central Calif. in the 80s.
Huge pastures. Not sure how big, but we seldom saw a fence. No herd was hunted with-in six months of release and the Mexican hands all carried air rifles in their scabbords to snipe at the critters. You didn't just walk up to these animals. With a bow, quite sporty. With a rifle, a bit less.
Another place we went, by the time we caught up to the dogs & the hog, the cowboy had it hog tied and told us "There's your pig. Shoot it." We left that night.
Is there a place for 'canned hunts' ???
Sure.
Getting ready for an out of state big game hunt and want to shake the cob-webs off ??
Want to field test a new bow, arrow, broadhead, rifle, bullet etc. ??
New to hunting and want to build up a bit of confidence ??
Climbing the corporate ladder, don't have time or didn't get drawn ??
Yeah, there's a market for such a well run operation, but 60 acres would make me laugh. Six acres would make me want to puke.
Then there are the African species on ranches in Texas. Critters that can no longer be hunted in Africa because the natives poached them out. Or the cost of driving across a couple of states as opposed to flying to Africa. The right place could be a great deal. The wrong place, not so much.
So.
If....someone spends the time to check references and use common sense, no doubt they can have a good hunt.

And this just in; Bill in Utah writes in that if a tame goat in a 6 acre pen at a feeder is your idea of the hunt of a lifetime, perhaps you would be better off spending your money banging a crack whore with the shakes for excitement. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters