The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Suppressed rig bench racing (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Suppressed rig bench racing
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2015 06:34 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, was enjoying a BBQ'ed tequila/lime mako steak to a symphony of heat lightning, just last evening! Got some small hail to the north of us, too...

I haven't been following that prison break fiasco real closely. Just enough to form the opinion that the blind might be leading the deaf, at taxpayer expense!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2015 07:17 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, Hard to turn down an offer like that. [Smile]

[ June 24, 2015, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aaron Rhoades
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2015 08:12 PM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
My tax stamp came in today. Check was cashed 3-28, approved 6-17 and came in the mail today at my dealer. I picked it up and ran about 6 rounds through it with the .17-.204, anyone with a similar caliber knows that they are a snappy round, obviously not a hard recoil but snappy and loud. Anyway, the suppressor tamed that right down, recoil is significantly reduced, gun stays on target, can shoot without hearing protection, whats not to love? Also my brother tried it on his ruger 22 handgun, was incredibly quiet. I know its not the best thing to do to run a centerfire suppressor on a 22 but he only shot it 3 times to see what it would do. Its awesome!
Posts: 155 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2015 05:04 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Love to hear it Aaron!

I'm onboard 100% with the concept. Have my trust all done and ready. But, no money in the play toy account right now.

Looking like I probably won't be able to get started on mine until after this winter. It's a "when" not an "if" though. I'm getting one! Heck, haven't even got the first one and already, honestly, thinking I want at least two, maybe three of them...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2015 11:07 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
After december, the trust may be a non issue. BATFE told me that it looks like a deal will be struck to make all parties on the trust subject to the background checks.....making it a bigger hassle to have a trust. this is supposedly being traded off for a waiting period of no more than 10-15 days from local LE.....in other words, a local sheriff will not be able to sit on an app as a passive form of denial.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2015 11:41 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting...

Would it possibly be advantageous then, to get a move-on, before the deal takes place? Or, as a transaction in progress, do you think I'm likely to end up being governed by it anyway?

Might be a moot point. Really not likely I can fund the project before Dec. anyway.

I didn't look into the local LE deal too closely. Every single person I talked to locally, had done the trust route. Couldn't find anyone I know around here that had done it the other way to even get a feel for the process.

Just wondering, out loud, if it needs to be the Sheriff, a busy man and understandably going to be hard to make an appointment with, or local chief of police? I live in a tiny municipality. Only three full time police, last time I heard, but we do have a chief. I know the mayor, next door neighbor is a councilman, etc. - getting a sit down with my local CoP should be pretty darn easy. Compared to the county sheriff.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2015 08:51 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty sure it has to be the county sheriff Dave. And you won't need to make an appointment with him, in person. Just go in and have finger prints done and leave the paper work for the sheriff to look over and do the back ground check. Then he can call you once he signs, to go in and pick up the papers.
Took my sheriff all of a day, after I got my fingers prints done, to call me. BUT, my county sheriff isn't too busy.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2015 10:25 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, TR is correct, it does have to be the sheriff of your county. he is the chief law enforcement officer(CLEO).
The trusts have a few advantages. One, they allow nfa items to be held by the trust(it is considered a separate entity) in case something happened to trustee(you). In other words, atf can not come and confiscate your assets in the event of your passing. Individuals you name in your trust, can possess the items and do as you have previously directed....ie sell, keep, whatever. This is a great idea if one has alot of finances tied up in items such as full autos and sbr's as well as suppressors. If this is the case, I would want these assets to remain in the hands of my heirs, and not the gov't. This brings me to number two...Trusts have been used to avoid the finger printing, photographing phase of applying for a tax stamp by individuals. In areas like here or in your area, it is probably not an issue with your CLEO, but in some areas, CLEO's have denied these requests by simply not acting on them.

So, if they change the rules requiring everyone on the trust to be fingerprinted and photographed, it makes the trust a moot point unless you have an inventory of items of large cash value.....or you just don't want some asshole from the .gov coming and collecting your stuff.

Google 41P. There is tons of info about this.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2015 09:49 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard; I found the "can" that you can get your feet wet, without breaking the bank.
http://damn.com/oilfilter/?utm_source=nym&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=oilfilternym&utm_rcreplace_3430=5178

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2015 05:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Perfect, Vic.

You are right about one thing. The cost of suppression is a major irritant for this kid. The $200 bucks is highway robbery all by itself, and $1200 for a can is overcharge for something that looks like about $120 worth?

But, who knows? I might cave?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aaron Rhoades
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2015 11:39 AM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
Can you even own them down there Leonard?
Posts: 155 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2015 02:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the unofficial answer is NO? I haven't looked into it enough to know, for sure.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters