The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Closed, my ass... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Closed, my ass...
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2023 12:49 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Too many pissing contests over trivial shit.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2023 03:45 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I resent that! I never pissed on anyone's trivial.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 4845 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2023 05:18 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Then why is my pant leg wet ????

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2023 08:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Look people, nobody's perfect! Except me. But the rest of you should have sympathy for each other! Just because ko ko demonstrates daily that he has no concept of numbers, data and punctuation, this stuff is not illegal, per se!

Things like, let's see.... wet pant legs- this is NOT important; again, let it go! Kumbuya (misspelled) means hold hands and group sing? Where was I?

Oh yeah. Yeah! It's NOT just (you know who) it's all you guys out there in the Peanut Gallery Cyber state. If you want to keep your folder/dossier free of all of these bullshit negative entries, quit responding to provocation, let it go! I'm re paating

Do you want to wind up with TA's reputation? Of course, nobody does! So knock it off!

That's all I got to say, don't make me get tough!
XOXOXO

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31258 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2023 03:02 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Tim's last post was meant in humor, as was my response. [Big Grin]

As far as reputation goes, it'd like Grandpa used to say, with a grin, "It ain't much of a reputation ...... but I earned it" [Razz]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2023 06:05 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Then why is my pant leg wet ????
Perhaps you didn't open the barn door far enough. [Big Grin]

quote:
I thought Tim's last post was meant in humor, as was my response.
No foul, just bad call by the ref. [Wink]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2023 06:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As was mine, as was mine!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 10:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking, very recently. I can open one of my closets and if I look up at the upper left corner, on a shelf, I can see a plastic bag and I know what's in it. It contains a hand call, made by Lance. It's called a Diablo, and I paid him $
75 for it!

I got it out. It's called Diablo 12/12
Reed J
Wood Cocobolo

on the barrel, it says 12 of 12 so it must be a special model?

Now get this! Inside, there is a folded note that I never saw before. It's from Lance,
dated July 11, 2004.
Nice note

The mouthpiece is a section of cartridge brass and the headstamp is 25'06 Remington.

I blew on it, it sounds good, actually

But, the last thing I needed, now or back in 2004 was another hand call. For the life of me, I don't know why I bought it?

Anyway, back in the little baggie, call, description card and Lance's note. And, back on the shelf.

I don't get it Lance? TA might be obnoxious, or whatever, but you two have more in common than against, or however you want to call it? Especially about fucking ballistics, everybody, for ever will argue about shit like that....but you've had it with him. I think Tim knows more internal and external ballistics than most people, including you, but not including me, I know more about that shit than both of you, but who gives a shit?

Anyway, a stroll down Memory Lane with TA, Lance and Leonard, who knows it all and has done it all!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: did you get that? This transaction occurred 19 fucking years ago, but Lance blew up the relationship because of some discrepancy about drop tables....or something?

[ November 03, 2023, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 11:03 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give you $20 bucks for the Lance call. It would be kind of cool on a lanyard with my Krusty Krier Kall.

And yeah, I still use mouth calls now & then.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 11:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you not read carefully? It's 12 of 12 and it's in Cocobolo!

How about $25?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 01:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Deal !!!!
I'll send it out Monday. (Tournament in Globe this week-end.)

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 03:48 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Leonard but have to disagree on internal ballistics. You would shoot yours and toss in back of truck and I skinned most of mine and also did little CSI work on bullet performance so give me the point.
Speaking of calls I still have that Krusty cryer call, never really bothered to use it. one of a kind too. [Razz]

Leonard I'll give you 2.50 for the call and bet Lance be over heated if he finds out I have it. LOL

[ November 03, 2023, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 04:51 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Too late .......... it's mine !!!

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 08:45 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
come on Koko give me half.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2023 10:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, I’m not selling it!
In the first place, it’s unused and whatever the inflation rate, I’m not stupid enough to sell it. And it must be worth closer to $100? ko ko, are you trying to take advantage of a feeble old man and swindle him out of a fucking Heirloom? To think I almost fell for it, and then I suppose the postage comes out of my chincy twenty bucks?

Nope, it ain’t for sale, unless Lance refunds my $75! I might think about it….and did I mention this thing is COCOBOLO, handcrafted in Kansas by a local-native-postal-worker, and signed, guaranteeing authenticity!

On second thought, no shelf in the closet, I’m putting this baby in the SAFE! I’m damned lucky it hasn’t been stolen, and could yet lose it in an armed robbery, if word gets out!

I need to call my insurance guy, this baby needs to be covered against loss, fire, flood and theft! Hell, needs to be itemized in the will, too! What will that cost me? This is way too much responsibility and the expense on an annual basis is sobering. But has to be done.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2023 08:14 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Being frail & elderly myself, I would NEVER try to take advantage of a feeble old man.
My only concern is that when the day comes and the Lord calls that the Estate Sale Ghouls don't list that heirloom call as 'New Year's Eve noisemaker. No battery; $1.00'. That would be a crime !!!

Or ................

You could rest easy knowing that the call was on a lanyard between a Krusty Krier & a Cronk Call and being taken out to be used and cared for.

I'll go $25 and reimburse you shipping. I'm on fixed income and this will cut into my Hamburger Helper budget but it just seems like the right thing to do.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2023 01:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
YOU POSE A STRONG ARGUMENT. Who learned ya that smooth talkin? But, I ain't falling for it! If it comes down to a dollar at my estate sale, so be it!

But, I will print a tag on a string with exact description, handcrafted in Flyover country by a well known indigenous native who handcrafted this beauty using primitive stone age implements, including the invocation of ancient spells and mumbo jumbo chants in the authentic local dialect.

If the Smithsonian finds out I let this artifact go for a measly $25, I'd be in big trouble! I'm just not taking that chance! So keep talking; I'm nana nana-cant hear you!

Good Hunting El Bee [Wink]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2023 04:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Smooth talk ???? Not sure. Mayhap someone in my family shrub kissed the Blarney Stone ????

Think of poor Jay and all of his friends in his head when he puts out Vol. 2 of his (excellent) Predator Calls, The Next 50 Years and he comes to the Lance Diablo Call.
"Rumored to exist but no photo available. Last known locations, closet shelf, safe or Thrift Store toy bin.

A part of our history, lost. So sad.

[Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 07, 2023 10:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That cuts pretty dang deep, Amigo!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2023 12:15 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
S'ok .............. I just spent all of my coin on an old classic bow that I don't need but had to have.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2023 02:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have Jay's book, as well. Is he planning another, or intends to wait 50 years?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2023 03:14 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
not sure i could even wait that long.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2023 09:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
ko ko, are you planning a shack, or an addition to the homestead to house all of these super cool, antique bows that you can't turn down, and will never use? Sort of a warehouse? You can only stack so many bows in the corner before they become a threat to navigation!

Speaking of the "Boss", (who should have veto power) how is Cindi? Been meaning to ask for a while.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2023 01:42 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A shack ???? .......... No, more like a shrine.

And they do get used. Right now I'm on a Damon Howatt kick. Bow(s) t-shirt, hat on the way to the State Field shoot. At some point another brand will call out to me and I'll go with that theme.

If you can get on Facebook, the Apache Bowhunters page has a clip from our Zombie Shoot on the right side of the screen of my own self shooting one of the targets and making the world safe from giant Gummi Bears. You'll want the Globe Az. club, not the one in Ohio.

Cindy says 'Hi'.
She's mended up from a couple of surgeries and doing well.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2023 08:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that's good news about CindY, not Cindi.

I myself have an appointment next week about my foot, from when Tillie tripped me. She snapped that long leash like a friggin' piano wire and caught my back foot just right and I took a nosedive in the driveway but my right foot came down so damned hard I broke several bones in my foot. No, that's not right; they dislocated at the knuckle so Dr has to fuse them in place. That's if we do it. To be determined. And since I won't be able to drive for 4 months with my right foot in a cast, I might need a commitment by my daughter and son in law to take turns baby sitting. It's complicated and not taken lightly. The problem is that it's painful to walk on it, cane or not. So, big decision next week.

Other than that,
to tell you the truth,
Pinky could give a shit,
but Tillie has a vague sense of guilt.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters