The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I'm in complete agreement on parent's responsibility

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm in complete agreement on parent's responsibility
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 09, 2024 10:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This fucked up kid who killed his schoolmates. The parents didn't care and didn't bother and in particular, decided to buy the little creep a fucking gun! Wow, that's some parenting that deserves a reward of 10-15 years in prison! But actually, they say maybe only 5/7 years each. Not enough for the extent of their dereliction of duty, and particularly, their total lack of concern and remorse! WTF? Gee how were we to know that our psycho kid would use this deadly instrument that we purchased for him! Gee, how could we have known? Yeah, right! At least they get some time to think about what they might have done differently.

Good hunting. El Bee

https://www.aol.com/news/crumbley-parents-face-school-shooting-110000025.html

[ April 09, 2024, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2024 08:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the 3 hour plus court hearing yesterday, but not really, I was bumping it along but still that was an hour I will never get back. I was trying to get to the sentencing part which involved about a minute and a half and I managed to miss it on the first review. There was much concern about "contact" between the parents and the "shooter". For some reason, it was decided that uttering his name was not to happen, so whatever purpose it served, is beyond me? I assume it was an effort to not contribute to his notoriety? There was something about, some discussion that at some point, the parents were leaving town, or escaping and there was mention of them engaging in sex in the Costco parking lot, but I did not get a clear understanding of the events, so I might have misunderstood? It just added to the totality of creepy behavior, like some school conference with all of them and the kid left the meeting, where they failed to inspect his backpack, and then "the shooter" went to school and killed four kids. None of it sounds like competent and rational people and maybe 10/15 years is not adequate, since they may get credit for time served in jail and they could be out in 3 to 5 years? Maybe?

In any event, it is a landmark case for punishing parents for the deeds of their children. They did not help and in-fact contributed to 4 murders by providing access to a handgun, or at least, they didn't lock it up and the little monster knew where it was, and took it, while the parents never considered the possibility? End of discussion.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS My background might have been similar, I knew where my dad kept his shotgun and could have taken possession of it at any time and I had my own, under my control and I kept it pretty much the same. I also lent it to a classmate who took in down to Palm Springs for doves one time and never bothered to tell my parents about it. It was pretty much uneventful except it generated a joke about RUNNING BEAR, a popular song at the time, and involved my friend jumping into a canal after a dove. But it illustrates sane people with firearms and nothing exciting happened except the Running Bear joke.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters