The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Henceforth .....................

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Henceforth .....................
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2024 11:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided to stop calculating my age in years.
From now on it will be in 'levels'. As of right now, I'm level 70 going on level 71. It just sounds more badass. [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 14 posted March 04, 2024 04:24 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I like your way of thinking.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2024 06:14 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Plus ........... I can use the phrase "I'm a high level member of -------- ".
Definitely more badass. [Cool] [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2024 09:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't you the sport that deals with Solstices and then labels them like Princess Summer Fall Winter Spring?

(that's from Howdy Doody; for you whippersnappers)

Right you are, Buffalo Bob!

edit: also you could use units that are longer than a calendar year, like units or blocks or segments.

So, I'm approaching, block D and only have 3 segments to go. Then turn it around and announce that you are approaching Segment D and am just short of 3 units until fruition. Except that sounds a little too terminal?

Whatever you are more comfortable with? The Roman numerals are a slick way to confuse the issue....LXXII is sufficiently confusing for most people. Good luck with that!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Gramps, why insist on terms like badass at these ages?

[ March 04, 2024, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2024 04:43 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Badass just seems anti-woke. [Razz]

--------------------

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2024 01:54 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Badass? Sounds like you need to buy some Mando for the crack..No more Badass. just roses.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2024 02:33 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
How about just old geezers or fudd puckers???

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2024 11:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, "Bad Ass" seems to be a legit label, or charge; similar to AWESOME!

Anyway, it's okay by management and not just because ko ko's a favorite! Face it, he is totally lovable, in a homespun, and "Cracker" way. And, who hasn't?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with charges and insinuations we can't ever prove. See, he's got this down home swagger that most Conservatives find to be especially....well; lovable! Criticize this man at your own risk. Everything he says is automatically SAGE, and possibly, advice. Think a modern day Will Rogers, or is it Rodgers? Maybe even Mark Twain. Yeah, that fits better.

Eventually, I'd like to make him Hall Monitor for when The Big Cheese is away from his desk. I know. we might have to have a vote, but who could possibly oppose a guy like that? Anyway, think about it.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS fucking Go Daddy is coming up for renewal again this year! It's starting to be almost ANNUAL? And the cost is literally increased from when we started by a factor of TEN! Hosting is ten times what it was when we started. It's still probably the only game in town where you can say what you want without deletes and suspensions or fines. So, there's that. I'll probably pay it but it's ridiculous!

[ March 05, 2024, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2024 12:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Awe ....... You're making me blush. [Smile]

Hey Tim;
You any kinfolk to a Kenneth E. Anderson over in Duluth Mini-Soda ???
I picked up a Dec. 1966 copy of Archery World and his name is on the addy label.

Yeah, I know .......... every 11th person in Mini-Soda is Clan Anderson but what the heck ?

Neat issue. Bob Swinehart took a Rino with a longbow and an article by Rrussel Tinsley calling bobcat with the Burnham Brothers.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2024 03:00 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Too far north Koko from me. Besides most my relatives are farmers, ranchers or big rig truck drivers.
Not many of relatives got into hunting or fishing.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 05, 2024 04:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Duluth is so far north, I've never been there and I lived in Minneapolis, maybe 100 miles north of where Tim is. Duluth must be 400-500 miles from where he lives and it's right on the shores of Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes. If it was in the Middle east, it's probably bigger than that gulf between Iran and Bahrain and Iraq. But I'm just guessing; it's a big fucking lake! This will also be on the test: what is the State that is furthest north? It's not Washington and it's not Maine. It's the state of Minnesota. There is this little town called International Falls and they carved out a little keyway, north of, I think it's the 48th parallel? That little gem will win you Trivial Pursuit.

But I know a guy right here in Upland named Richard Anderson. Do you know him, Tim? Didn't think so? He's a lawyer, former Mayor and we were on the same swimming team, so I should probably know Tim also? In fact, I knew an Anderson in the 4th grade at St Helena's in Minneapolis and 30 years later I ran in to him at Mt Sac, a Community college in Walnut, CA. It's a small world.

Is Victor Carlson related to Tucker Carlson? Or, maybe my old heartthrob, Dixie Carlson! Boy, was she a cutie! I ran into her one Halloween night in La Puente walking the kids to Trick or Treat. Face to face, I just stared at her. She looked at me and said, Leonard? It was an event to remember! But for some reason, I failed to mention it to Nancy. They could have passed for sisters.

Anyway, it seems clear, that there are many Swedes in the US. Some might say, a few too many. Not me of course! I guess it's similar, everybody thinks people with a "ski" in there last name know everybody else with a "ski" in their last name. But, such is not the case.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2024 02:20 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the places in the country Duluth north lake shore is the best place to live year-round and most beautiful during all five seasons and bonus you can see the northern lights very well from there.
I do have some relatives all over the U.S. just not where you guys are far as I know.
Niece in Texas and another in Florida and nephew in Kentucky. Mothers side of family is out of Missouri and fathers Mn., North Dakota and the homelands of Sweden and Norway.
My great grandmother was a Carlson
, she come straight from Sweden and no relation to Vic. his hair wrong color also.
Your hometown Leonard is 2 hour drive N-E by east of me. Im on the prairie not far from where Laura Engles/ Wilder was born and raised. You know little house on the prairie with Micheal Landon.
Jesse James and brother stayed at a Aunts house when they came up here to rob Northfield bank. The Younger brothers were captured about 20 miles East of me.
We also have the petroglyphs with rock carvings made by the Sioux. Only two such places exist, here and other is in state of Washington.
Oh the reason the younger bro.s got caught was due to carrying Smth/wesson, the Winchesters and colts kicked they ass.
[Smile]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters