The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Soapbox lecture;

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Soapbox lecture;
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2024 01:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok .............. Neighbor 5 years younger than my ownself went to work last week. Felt light headed near lunch time. Went to his truck, tipped over and nobody found him for over an hour. Bleeding head wound, neck trauma & loss of feeling in his legs. Helicopter ride to Phoenix & a week in ICU after surgery on his neck.
50 / 50 chance he'll be in a wheel-chair the rest of his life. This is a guy who was kind of a Viking / Biker type that prospects for gold in his spare time.
Makes for a wake-up call; Life is a limited time offer ........ DON'T WASTE IT !!!!

End of rant.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2024 10:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
See, that is what happened to my cousin's ex husband. He collapsed at the Mormon Lake Cabin on his front porch. Who knows until a neighbor saw him laying there? Same thing, they helicoptered him into Phoenix where he never recovered conscienceness. Er go, the problems with living out in the boonies. Maybe that's not a problem? But what if it was an easily fixable problem? Oh well, at least you have a Walmart in town. Who needs a trauma center.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2024 10:23 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, apparently our WallyWorld was the happiest place on earth for at least a couple of people this week. A couple of nights ago a used condom was found in the handicap stall in the women's restroom.
Now, THAT takes nerve !!!! [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 23, 2024 12:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You (suspiciously) seem to know a lot about this incident?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2024 01:24 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, the whole store heard about it.

Probably something on somebody's bucket list. Not mine, though. Mine involves Catherine Zeta Jones, a bottle of baby oil and a Mister Twister game. [Big Grin]

I can dream, anyway. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2024 01:28 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
In other news, my neighbor is getting some feeling back in his toes. That's the good news. The bad news is that he's looking at a minimum of three months of intense rehab.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2024 07:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Feeling in my toes is sorta important, I guess? I know what the Peanut Gallery is thinking. Next to the Mile High Club, getting it on in the Handicapped stall at Walmart is almost as prestigious and in the case of Safford, probably even a little bit more prestigious.

Along the same line, most current airplane restrooms, there's hardly room enough to turn around. Maybe if you put one foot in the commode? I've never been that "in need" personally.

But tell me, when you opened to door, did you feel like everybody was looking at you? And did you remember to wash your hands?

And did you remember to send off for your certificate of authenticity? How much was it to get registered? It'll look real impressive next to your MENSA CERTIFICATE!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2024 02:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, nope and I missed MENSA by four points. [Frown]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2024 08:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If it were me, I'd have that documented and framed!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2024 09:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's like Groucho once said "Why would I want to join a group that would have me for a member ???"

[Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 26, 2024 09:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that include the Democrat Party? Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Democrat Party? Or, have you ever voted for a Democrat, even if plastered? Even if it was because of One To Many Henry Weinhardt's? Is that spelled right? Close enough?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS and how is Cindy, or is it Cindi?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2024 11:58 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Right out of high school & dumber than dirt. Booth at the mall ...... "Are you a registered voter ??" Uh, no...... "Not to worry, we'll sign you right up"
And lo & behold I could vote against Mayor Bradly in the primary AND the general election.
Stayed that way until Reagan tried to get 8 hours of community service a week out of able bodied long term welfare recipient's and the American Civil Liberties Union sued him over it.
Been Republican ever since, although I did kinda like Ross Pero for a while.

Cindy's doing well but a bit cranky with this damp weather / arthritis.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2024 07:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just one reason for her crankiness, she also puts up with your bullshit. Don't bother denying, all men try a woman's patience!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2024 06:02 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Bullshit ?? ........... Moi ?? ........... Au Contraire. Stern & serious day in & day out.

Must be somebody else you're thinking of. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2024 08:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah right!

ko ko: HELLO WALLS!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters