The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Snowin' sideways

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snowin' sideways
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2023 11:56 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Currently blessed with high winds and mixed snow / rain.
This could get ugly.

[Frown]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2023 01:56 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
suppose to get 20" plus here next few days along with high winds. Also think the temp. is supposed to drop as well. I was out today moving little snow and tractor got a flat tire in front so have to finish up tomorrow or day after...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2023 05:28 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been snowing since early this morning. High North East winds off of the big lake, Lake Superior, means heavy lake effect snow here.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2023 02:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rained here, most of the morning, quite a bit yesterday, as well. I could surmise that our perpetual friggin' DROUGHT is over, but the supervision will not allow that word to pass anyone's lips. We must maintain the illusion.

As I have said many times, and it's equally drummed into our heads that CLIMATE CHANGE is so critical, although I have never been able to figure out why the fuck it's so important? When it comes to drought this is essential doctrine, it can't be mentioned too many times how critical it is to conserve, even though we are diverting essential Central Valley water out to the ocean via Golden Gate Bridge and that's Nancy Pelosi's pet project to save the Delta Smelt, that she claims are endangered and those farmers along I-5 can go fuck themselves!

So, just take it from those in control that this is a critical drought and IT WILL NEVER END, so do not ask! Watering lawns will be before 6am and after 6pm and know your even/odds status and neighbors are always encouraged to rat each other out so the authorities don't have to waste time on enforcement, just fines.

I think Russians have a lot more freedom than we have under the "Climate NAZI'S" in The People's Republik.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2023 05:36 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Spending the day inside today. The wind chill is down to 56.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2023 07:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm not mistaken, when it gets down to 55* they open the shelters and serve hot meals to the homeless.
Winters can be cruel around here. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2023 08:30 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Corn Soup and toast.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2023 09:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
yum!

That does it! Fuck it, I'm moving to AZ where it's warmer. It's 42 degrees right here, right now!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2023 10:47 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Just think if the temp.s dropped to -15 for a few days I could have all of AZ, Cali. and New Mexico to myself, just think of all the dead piles I could call over.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2023 06:08 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Minus 15 ????? ...... For a few days ????
As Grandpa used to say; "Not no ........ HELL NO !!!"
A few years ago we had a bad cold snap that hit over a week-end. About three days & nights when it never got above freezing. Frozen / burst pipes everywhere. City Hall was a disaster. Any plumber or handy-man that could squeeze into a crawl space had round the clock work for weeks.
Nope ....... No Thanx.
There's snow up on Mt. Graham and the sunrise is making it a beautiful sight but let's keep it up there.
T-shirt in the mid-day and a fire in the wood-stove at night is just about perfect.

--------------------

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2023 07:46 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
And here I sit in the donut hole and enjoying it.
Just real cold here below 0 this morning and only in the 20's of a day.
Keep the shovels handy boys!

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2023 11:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I said, according to the forecast that it was going to rain all night, which was about 6am. It's long past that right now @11:29am and yeah, it's still coming down, steady. Reminds me of Seattle, or Homer?

As is customary, if I may? I would like to rave about all this friggin' water being flushed into the Pacific ocean, which does NOT need it.

If the assholes in control would just build a few containment basins to percolate into our severely depleted groundwater, then this dreary weather would be accomplishing something besides pissing me off and every other golfer in SoCal.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Ha Ha! Made ya look! I am a reformed golfer, sold out and promised never to be tempted again. Fuck that stuff!

[ February 24, 2023, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2023 01:00 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
".......... assholes in control ..... "

A couple of short decades ago, in the San Fernando Valley, the Sepulveda Basin Flood Control was set up for emergency flood containment.
All well & good. Pure intentions.
Large area not being used for much except bird watching and male / female DNA exchanges.
So ........ the wise assholes in charge decided that it would be a good place for different recreation fields. Baseball diamonds, football fields, jogging paths, a rather nice archery range and even a golf course.
Nothing that flood water could really hurt in the event of the planned for 100 year flood.
But, property values rose and rose some more. Developers crossed the proper palms with 30 pieces of silver each and businesses were built in the flood control basin.
Then it started raining.
Businesses went to court to prevent the flood control district from closing the gates and half of the valley flooded.
...... and yeah, all of the water ended up in the ocean.
This is the kind of thing that happens all of the time behind closed doors when we don't watch the assholes in charge very closely.

End of rant.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters