The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Racin' !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Racin' !!!
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2023 07:02 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen the appeal of professional sports like baseball or football or that man-bun game, soccer. Golf is for people who can't grasp the concept of Field Archery. Bowling & tennis are just, well, ...... goofy.

BUT !!!!!! ............. Driving a loud car around in an endless loop at a high rate of speed with a bunch of other drivers in a 'sport' that looks for all the world like the L.A. Freeways on meth; ....... Now THAT'S ENTERTAINING !!!!!

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Looks like it might be a good day to hunt rabbits.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 19, 2023 02:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tempted to put you on the watch list....
(if we had a watch list)
edit: for one thing, you obviously do not know a damned thing about Los Angeles freeways! Nobody here would describe them as akin to stock car racing.

edit: another thing. We should look into how you were treated in high school. I suspect you were the last kid picked for the P.E. games, be them basketball or football and even volleyball. That has left a deep and troubling mental scar and the following teasing by the other jocks and cool kids has apparently stayed with you these many years later. We that excelled at these athletic games usually treated your type rather callously, all the snickering behind your back, and then not even considering your feelings and the low self esteem and it just shames me now, when I think about it.

All those failures at team sports is what has caused you to concentrate on the solitary things like checkers and maybe archery or something with the other nerds? I really want to apologize on behalf of fellow athletes that treated you so shamefully and undoubtedly caused all this anti social stuff and rejection of the entertainment aspects of professional and collegiate team sports. I hope you will seek the help you need and again, I apologize for making fun of your awkwardness; that was never right and it's disgusting and I am truly sorry for my part! Do NOT accept the rejection from the cool kids and remember, coloring within the lines is not that big of a deal. Be proud of what you can do, as best as you can do it! Remember, somebody truly loves you for who you are, not for what you should be able to do as well as the rest of us.

Good hunting. El Bee [Wink]

[ February 19, 2023, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 04:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I do know a bit about the L.A. freeways. They're just one of the reasons that I no longer live in Calif. Either a giant multi-lane parking lot or a madhouse where one can receive a traffic citation for driving the 65 speed limit and impeding the 80 mph flow of traffic.

As far as High School, I pretty much hunted, fished & hired out to the local farms all the way thru. Never really had a problem with the 'cool kids / jocks'. There was one that was something of an ass but that was before 'somebody' firebombed his car. The culprit was never caught and the guy's attitude improved quite a bit.
Good times.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 20, 2023 08:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful you don't let the cat out of the bag; they may still be looking for the maniac that firebombed student parking, but as far as I am concerned, it never happened; my lips are sealed, WINK! Is this why you are always busy with other stuff when the class has those lovely reunions?

Now it all seems clear, the hiding out in Stasford, clear on the other side of the world. You must be covered by the witness protection program-wait that don't make sense either? But, the disguise does!

What's the frequency, Kennith?

But seriously, I still owe you a breakfast; when are you dropping in?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 10:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know; My wife had her ankle fused with some long crate screws due to arthritis. Six to eight weeks of not putting ANY weight on that foot and then several more weeks of learning to walk on it and regaining muscle strength in that leg.
Pretty much makes me head nurse, cook & bottle washer for quite a while yet.
Right now a big deal is sneaking off to the local lake for an hour or two of fishing.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 10:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I am contemplating surgery on my right foot, thanks to Tillie tripping me in my own driveway! They say some bones popped out of sockets and the only solution is to cut the whole damned foot in half just to get at and fuse the bones. I'm being told that I will have "less" pain, and after spending 6 months in a hard cast.

One thing I have discovered, I cannot run, or even fake it, the way it is at present. Thinking about driving with a hard cast on my right foot is sobering. I just don't know what I'm going to do, yet?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS can we have a minute of silence for the memory of
Raquel Welch who died Feb, 15 at age 82. I heard she put on some weight, but the last time I saw her at the Ramona Pagent, she looked gorgeous!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 12:28 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest considering that VERY carefully. Unless you can dance on crutches, any kind of steps are out much less stairs. My wife has had both knees replaced (not at the same time) and she assures me that the knees weren't squat compared how inconvenient this is.
.......... and for 'less pain' ???????

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 01:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't even guarantee, or suggest "no more pain". I have heard that scar tissue can be worse than the injury before and after, but they are cagey with the predictions.

But I'm dealing with pain from walking and I guess I should be using that stupid Cam Walker. Yes, walking is less painful with a Cam Walker, but strapping yourself into it takes time and it's, I donno, ?

Big decision.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 02:20 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wife is using a wheeled knee scooter that she puts one knee on and steers it around, pushing with the other foot. It works but as I mentioned, steps are a no-go. Also, it's not real handy it tight places like a bathroom. Turning radius and all that.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 03:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok .......... Orders from the wife; Before you make any reasonable or rash decisions, GET A SECOND OPINION !!!!
I have to agree with her. Drs. tend to pass themselves off as omnipotent but there are usually more than one option to consider.

--------------------

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2023 04:28 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get a ankle fusion.
That would be the last thing on earth I'd do.
Had a PAC that had it done and she wishes she never had it done.

Find someone that does manipulations and get the bones all realigned it may take several trips to get it stabilized.

My ankle use to go out and then it set the knee out so on and so forth. Having a new knee solved the problems but my ankles still do get out of wack once in a while now.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2023 05:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, EW, you are probably right, but I don't know if you heard the diagnoses? The force destroyed the knuckle, or socket, so there's no way to try and put screws in foot bones and expect to walk without pain. I really landed hard. Besides, when I fell out of my Queen palm and broke 5 ribs, they suspiciously decided to do a bone scan and turns out, I have brittle bones and I'm on mega doses of calcium, B12 and iron. I really think fusing is about all I can do. There are a few chips they can clean out, as well. So, I'm starting to lean in that direction and the sobering idea of 6 months in a hard cast is what holds me back. However, it's getting worse, not better because I'm not using the Cam Walker.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters