The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » REASON TO STOCK UP RIGHT NOW (AMMO)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: REASON TO STOCK UP RIGHT NOW (AMMO)
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 06, 2022 11:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's time for us to buy what we have been buying and that time is every day:

Wise words from Kamala Harris!

[ February 06, 2022, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2022 12:04 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I just paid $11 plus tax for a box of 3" 4buck. I don't think prices are going down to pre-covid levels anytime soon.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2022 01:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They are attacking the 2nd amendment from every angle possible. Not only is ammunition in short supply, but components are in short supply. And, the latest I have discovered, friggin' dies are sold out and not available!

I couldn't find any H110 about a month ago but thanks to a member's head's up, I was able to secure a couple pounds.

I guess I should look again for a 44Mag 4 die set and see if they are suddenly available. There as with others, the prices have gone way up!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2022 04:29 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
shelves here starting to fill up but yes, the price is up as well. Just gonna get what I need for hunting and then that's it. I don't need a big supply for defense as I know how to use a knife and preferred weapon of choice due to all the dam laws, we have protecting the bad guys.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5068 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2022 06:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, again, I'M struck out on unprimed brass! I've been looking for 44Mag all day long. Completely cleaned out. Don't even think about back orders, they will laugh at you!

If you need some obscure caliber, like 44Russian or the 444Marlin, well you might get lucky. I saw some availability on 9mm and 45 Auto (rimmed). But on common stuff that everybody uses, forget it!

It's amazing, really. Loaded ammunition is very limited and rimfire? Forget it! So if you handload, don't be too smug because they know where the weakness is. it is all stretched to the limit, so primers have dried up, no powders, or very few, bullets are scarce and even unprimed brass is unavailable and no back orders. This is backdoor gun control on steroids.

These 10 million new shooters, you bet they walked out of the store with a couple boxes of something and that influenced the caliber of the gun they purchased. It looks like the only thing squeezed through the supply pipeline, frankly, is 9mm. So you can buy any gun you want as long as it's 9mm.

And who's to blame? Shooters that are panic buying and stocking up. You and me.

And you have two giant suppliers and they claim that they are working their butts off to keep you and me supplied. I'm really satisfied with assurances, aren't you?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2022 10:25 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I'll take a look sometime I may have some 44 Mag. cases laying around. I used to have a Winchester chambered in it. Too much recoil for me. [Razz]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5068 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2022 09:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, probably got lucky? But my Redhawk has the nicest action of anything I own, it's damned near a target piece if I use 44 Special.

I know there's lot's of revolvers for those afflicted, like 460 and 500 and 454, but for normal people, a 44Mag is just about all you will ever need. I have a Ruger 357 that was my Dad's and in comparison, it's a beast. Maybe it's the 7 1/2" barrel? It's been around, you can tell. The guy I bought it from lived up the 40 mile river in Alaska for years.

Anyway, all I can find is Starline and from what I have seen, it's shit.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2022 05:19 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
The ammo brands I have been seeing in stock are brands I've never ever heard of.
Sure makes re-sighting in unreasonable.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2022 07:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, lots of weird stuff, Mexico included. I have a lot. A lot of foreign brands; Privi someshit, for one, but it looks decent, but they don't bother telling us if it's Berdan primed anymore? I have some Russian 45ACP, that Tulve something? Don't bother looking it if you don't know what I mean? I bought a box of those mini 12 gauge shells, seems like entertainment around a campfire, one of these days.

But they sure keep us scared of the well running dry! It's getting to be a habit!

Take care, Jay!
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters