The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Crap! It's just plain tricking HOT!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crap! It's just plain tricking HOT!!
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2021 03:19 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't look like any relief anytime soon either.
We hit 100 for a short time. Then down to 98 then dropped to 91 back to 93. A very hot wind blowing. Was from the west now it's from the east.
Clouds everywhere but won't cover the sun up.

Did get some lightning last night and .04 of precipitation. We'll take anything and any amount now.

One fire last night helicopter flew several runs over the house out to the NNW.

Dog slowly improving. Walking on the leg will pack it when he starts moving faster. He's tired of us watching him like a hawk though. The way it has to be for another 10 or so days then will slowly get better.

Very hot next week. Knocking on 100 all week. Going to get miserable.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2021 03:52 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Last week it was getting DOWN to 100* at night.
This week we got some much needed rain and now the temp. & the humidity is about the same ..... both high.
Sunrise this morning had to be seen to be believed, though !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 03, 2021 04:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's been pretty hot today, in Upland. Air's been on since noon.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2021 03:10 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you LB. Can't find a window AC unit.
Doing the old fashion way. House open all night then shut it down and keep everything closed. Have to ceiling fans going all day plus a Dyson fan blowing on us.
Usually stay out until about noon or so then go inside and hibernate.
By 5p the air inside is so stale I have to go outside and do something else. Then it's repeat the whole thing all over again.

In a red flag warning about mid morning until 11p. For lightning and wind again.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2021 10:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If your utility company comes up with this idea, I am warning you to be skeptical....just like I was not!

Here's how it started. Edison sent me an offer that in exchange for $50 off my electric bill, during the four hot months of summer, they would install satellite stuff that would only activate to prevent a "brown out" where everybody would suffer and they would only do it for one hour, max.

So, it was actually pretty uneventful that first season and I got $200 off my electric bill.

Then, Oh, I should also mention that the bastards disabled my compressor, but the furnace blower kept humming away, but now blowing hot air all through the house. Oh, and I started keeping track, as best I could because there was no warning, I had to go around to the back and see if the little green or red light was blinking. Next thing you know, it was more like TWO HOURS, and right in the worst part of the day and (I'll be damned!) it was every friggin' day!

So, I made a polite phone call and told them to get their shit off my air conditioner! They did, and surprisingly prompt, actually!

Count on it. As soon as some faceless bureaucrat is flipping the switch on my comfort, I'm the one suffering while Costco is still very pleasant inside. Yeah right! Never for more than an hour, never on successive days, but right at FIVE O'CLOCK every damned day, I'm blowing hot outside air all through the house! It didn't take 5 minutes and pretty soon it was over 100 degrees inside! Well, FUCK THAT!

I'm warning you! Do not fall for a measly fifty bucks because they are going to stick it in and break it off! That was the most outrageous gimmick I have ever experienced. Every time I think about it, I have a friggin' meltdown! (can you tell?)

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: actually, I did not wait for Edison to pull their shit. I disabled it myself! The same day that I called them and told them to come get their shit. And it took (as I recall, almost 3 weeks for them to show up?)

[ July 04, 2021, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2021 03:56 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Lightning and showers yesterday. Got to the low 90's then more clouds and showers and lightning. Cooled off to the 80's early evening. Cloudy all night so held the heat 60 at 0500.

Late last night more rain got .16 of rain over night. Won't have to water the garden today. Nice relief.

Sounds like hell is coming back next week. 100 plus temps all around us. Of course since we are a pocket of heat we'll be there too.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2021 02:26 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Hot today 95 so far. Nice hot drying wind out there right now.

Washed my windows hoping to tease some rain out of the sky. Nothing so far. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2021 02:41 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Puter says 99 here in Gods Country right now.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2021 03:55 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait until they burn up God Country again and again and again.
If there is any grass to carry the fire. I know it's went from a see of Sagebrush to the land of cheatgrass and dust.

99 today so they say. Warm night 66 at 0530. 40% chance of T-storms. Won't happen if it gets to 99 too hot blows the clouds apart.
Cloudy out now.

For those that haven't heard they have evacuated the small town of Dixie south of Elk City last night. Fire blew up on them went to 4,000 and going with the fuel load, heat and wind.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2021 09:41 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah and who is they ? You're in the know.

(edit) I think I know. However you shower negativity here and have ran off several members you know that right ?

I'm about fucking done here.

[ July 07, 2021, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2021 11:52 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Vale BLM can't put out a wet dream.

Still nice country just can't stand the leftist political that runs Oregon.

7,000ac now on the Dixie Fire.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2021 02:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, Dave! Who pissed in your Wheaties?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2021 03:39 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
THE BITCH. That calls herself earthwalker. Fuck off. I think I made that pretty fucking clear ?

I wish you the best in regards to your health LB.

She can fuck herself. (edit) you reap what you sew. Bye.

[ July 07, 2021, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2021 07:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to take sides in a personal dispute. I think it's unfortunate that it cannot be kept private. Can I say that both are valued members, and leave it at that?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2021 04:06 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea?
Sorry Dave. But you have no right to call that name.

Didn't do nothing that much to you.
Enjoy your life and lefty Oregon.

ASSHOLE!

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2021 10:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow !!!
Gotta say I didn't see any of that coming.
WTF ????

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2021 02:50 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
SMH!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2021 05:08 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Got our first real piece of the monsoon yesterday
quarter inch in about 45 min Yahoo moisture and some mudholes even !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters