The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » was 16 last nite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: was 16 last nite
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2021 07:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
More snow overnite Im gettin sick of this shit !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2021 10:08 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been spitting snow down here all morning.
Wind is howling .............. wind chimes barely making a sound because they're stretched out horizontal.
I did NOT move to Southern Arizona for snow !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 16, 2021 10:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Got news for you, kid. You are in EASTERN ARIZONA!

I thought your wardrobe was strictly flipflops and shorts?

I didn't hear much about Monsoons this past year? What happened?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS what we have here is just about the wettest winter in many years. With chilly temperatures, like it's still only 50* almost noon.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2021 10:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
On going drought. We had another Non-Soon season. Does not bode well for the water table levels.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2021 04:54 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
We are in a blizzard warning for today... It was 76 yesterday. North wind is blowing 30 plus mph with wind gusts up to 60 mph.. Snowing like crazy right now.. Welcome to spring in Texas. -tex
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2021 06:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just took out the trash. Freezing out there! It's 46*

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2021 06:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Snowin again aint we lucky !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2021 06:59 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
It looked like it snowed here all white. Last night around 7pm we had thunder-lightning-wind-hail and sleet.

Brrrr

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2021 09:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a drizzle forecast here and it's 52 right now. It's certainly too cold to get back out there and tackle that damned stump!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ March 23, 2021, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2021 07:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Predictions are for one hell of a monsoon season this year !

--------------------

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2021 08:26 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Warm morning 32 and white as a sheet.
It's all stopped now and water running off of everything.
18* yesterday morning. It was cold until late afternoon. So far it's been a crazy start to the new year.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2021 09:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
All I know is the drought is officially over and I can hose down my driveway without going to jail for violating that city ordinance! This has been the wettest winter and spring in quite a few years, 'cause the drought was like more than ten years so that's what? Over ten years, right?

My favorite cranky bitch is about all that damned water flushing into the ocean! We need a SERIOUS effort to construct impoundments! Digging a damned hole catch basin is not so hard to do and then you replenish the ground water and the table goes up to where we can pump it as needed. This is not hard to figure out but instead, we have the fucking water NAZIS that want to fine you for watering your lawn after 6 A.M.

Another thing about all those storm drains is the pollution! Everything from motor oil to dog turds gets flushed into the ocean and then the NAZIS won't let you surf in all that pollution!

Paul, start listing homesteads in and around Ash Fork! There are Asians with money who are willing to pay me an insane amount of money. It's not the Asians that bother me, it's the Liberals that want to prevent me from protecting my property and also not being able to kill a deer with 30 bullet magazines just to make sure he don't get away!

Can we make "Basic Firearms 101" mandatory? Liberals would like the sound of "mandatory". If they can make Sexual Transitioning MANDATORY, why can't we have basic, introductory "GUNS 101" mandatory? There would be one question on the test; what's the difference between SEMI AUTO and Assault Weapon? Pass or fail!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: of course, same to you ko ko. Any suitable Ranchettes next door? I found out I can no longer just buy property for cash and my income will no longer qualify for another mortgage so I have to sell to Asians with cash, of which there are plenty!

[ March 25, 2021, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2021 12:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Water Nazi's in Calif. ?????
Surely you jest !!!!
One only needs to look to the Sepulveda Flood Control Basin in the San Fernando Valley to see all of the good they do.
Big chunk of land next to the 405 Freeway at the low end of the valley.
So ........... build a dam to catch and retain water during extreme rainstorms and prevent flooding. So far so good.
But ......... all of that nice land going to waste. How about a couple of baseball diamonds, a football field and yes, even an archery range. Still good; not much to be harmed if the basin's ever needed for flood control.
Might as well put in some picnic areas, paved streets and lighting. Turning into a pretty nice recreation area. Yea Team !!!
Of course, if you're going to have a recreation area, you really MUST have a golf course !!! Restrooms through-out, also.
Hmmmmm ............... This IS a flood control area, no ?????
Never mind that what would be really nice for the people would be a large pond / small lake, if you cross the palms of the County Commissioners with 30 pieces of silver you can get the permits to build a hotel next to the golf course sorta near the estimated high water flood line.
Say What ?????
Might as well add a couple of 7-Eleven stop & robs and a gas station too.
AND THEN THE RAINS CAME !!!!
Sometime back in the '80s a 'Hundred Year Storm' rolled thru that lasted a week or so.
So, close the gates in the dam, hold back some of the water and prevent downstream flooding. Right ??? ........... Wrong !!! Court Orders to prevent water damages to businesses BUILT IN A FLOOD CONTROL BASIN were issued and half the Valley flooded, Topanga and Malibu damn near washed out to sea and we need some Bond Issues on the next Ballot to cover our asses.
So you see, the Water Nazi's are only looking out for the people who can't look out for themselves.
Thus endeth today's rant. [Eek!]

Edit 2 spel

[ March 25, 2021, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2021 05:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the property you are talking about is what I see driving the 210 as it approaches the 5? It looks like a smart fella could make a few bucks by building a set of Links. A worthy challenge, if you are into those type of pursuits, which is something, (by the way) that I gave up well before I was 30 years old. Sold my clubs without regret and turned to my passion, such as it was, and still is.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: You know, it was my first love. We lived a block from the Hiawatha Golf Course and that was my sole source of income. I would beat the bushes all day long looking for lost golf balls and selling them to the golfers. One day, I found a 9 iron that somebody accidentally flung into the bushes along the 5th hole, which along with the 4th, was the boundary and a hill covered with overgrown brush and bordered with trees. Nobody but us kids crawled in that jungle for the lost balls from errant shots. I also waded the creek and used a mask in the deeper parts and that always produced a few balls. I had a drawer in my room full of balls in every condition, some might have a smile, or two. In those days, I could get a quarter and maybe 3 for a dollar, but that was my only source of income.
When it got late afternoon I would play the 4th and 5th with my 9 iron. Up until I sold my clubs, as an adult, the club that I was most proficient was the 9 iron, pretty much a universal club. So, when it dawned on me that I did not have the time or the inclination to improve my game, I bailed with very little regret. The man that bought my clubs tried to talk me out of selling them, or actually almost giving them away, but there went all that Sunday morning frustration and good fucking riddance! I suppose some of you chumps are still trying to break 100? lol

[ March 26, 2021, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2021 07:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The History of Golf;
Golf is actually a peasant sport of the serf class. Originated in the Middle Ages when the Royalty of England would shoot the Archery Course and the common folks would tag along and applaud at the proper times. Most of the men carried walking staffs and being bored would swat a walnut along as they walked. This was fine until some damn fool decided to keep score. Staffs evolved into clubs and better clubs. Some golfers (they were called 'nutters' then) were better than others and the group that eventually became liberals cried that it wasn't 'fair' so the handicap system was applied. Henry VIII actually saw the mess it was becoming and outlawed golf by Royal Decree and made Archery Practice mandatory for all of England.
Sadly, we have declined from the fine sport of Archery to obsessing over what Tiger Woods was doing or getting when he crashed his car.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2021 03:34 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a beautiful set of clubs that adorned my garage I would take a seven iron and a putter until I got smart and quit playing a game that takes half the friggin day! More time for huntin!

--------------------

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2021 04:36 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. My late wife flat told me she would not become a golf widow and if I started golfing I would have Hell to pay. So I got a handful of putters at the various thrift stores and having a giant pile of golfballs. I had a golfball BP mortor. My drunken stoned buddies and I would putt the balls around our acre of lawn. Was fun.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 644 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2021 08:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah....I bet!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters